It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP spokesman: Senate GOP to oppose Obama tax plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Article

WASHINGTON – Senate Republicans will oppose any effort to renew soon-to-expire Bush administration tax cuts if upper income taxpayers are excluded from the reductions. A spokesman for Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell said Monday that every Senate Republican has pledged to oppose President Barack Obama's tax-cutting plan. Obama would renew the tax cuts for most people, but let the top income tax rate rise back to almost 40 percent on family or small business income over $250,000.

McConnell has said a bill extending the tax cuts for only low- and middle-income earners cannot pass the Senate. Forty-one senators can block a bill with a filibuster, but McConnell spokesman Don Stewart declined to say whether all 41 Republicans would support a filibuster.

On Sunday, House GOP Leader John Boehner said he would support renewing tax cuts for the middle class but not the wealthy if that was his only choice.

So some Senate Republicans oppose renewing the tax cuts if people earning over $250,000 are excluded. Atleast from what I have seen and heard on the tv and stuff, the republicans are always talking about helping the middle/low class. Maybe I heard it wrong.

This is just making my mind jump back and forth. Maybe Im going crazy? Isnt the lower/middle classes the ones in trouble at the moment?

I think I need to take some time off.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
You didn't hear wrong, you heard exactly what they want everyone to believe. The problem with that is: Reality and the right-wing B.S. don't exactly mesh.

join