It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misogyny: Ruining the Female Male Relationship(esp. in the digital age)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
reply to post by whatukno

Ahahahaha, Okay.
The fact that you think women get married just to make a mans life hell is.. well its laughable. And such an opinion only proves that you are.. perhaps, not as socially intelligent as you could be if you saw the WHOLE picture of marrige.

And i should state now that i dont wish to turn this into a keyboard fight lol

No women dont really get married just to make a mans life hell but that so many men end up feeling that way is something of note.

link   

Originally posted by shaston
Im a woman. I would love it, if someone called me sunshine at work. Heck id even be ok with hunny buns. I have never in all 40 of my years had any kind experience that the OP is reffering to, in any way (heh and im not ugly).
Honestly all I really see are shy men affaid to say or even hint anything. Its like their too scared to. Women today can do anything that want! except...............Stay home, cook, clean and raise kids. Yeah we kinda get looked down on for that. Try putting THAT on your resume once the kids are raised.

edit on 13-9-2010 by shaston because: (no reason given)

Your attitude on this subject makes me wanna give you a big hug and call ya sweety baby

Ty for being you

link   
reply to post by pepsi78

use common sense. the problem is inherent in the cause. common sense dictates, that if the yard needs to be mowed, and the hubby is already over taxed with work, and the wife has the time and strength to do something about it, that no cultural norms should be involved in her decision to mow the yard (cultural norms that spit in the face of common sense and compassion, are not humane nor necessary).

i have a real life example. i went to work in a factory, doing a very hard job, back in the first days of equal opportunity employment laws. they hired me because i was female, to fill their quota. however, no matter how it upset the men to have women taking their jobs, it wasn't always to the detriment of our society, as oftentimes ANYBODY working is better than nobody working (again, common sense) and since my dad was on his death bed and i was the only child still at home (was 18 at the time), i took his place in the work force, and helped to make his last days on this planet, more bareable (compassion).

as a result, i don't believe there's a hard and fast position that can be maintained on the many topics surrounding these issues, without first looking to common sense and compassion.

edit on 14-9-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Most of relationship problems can be solved by this one simple rule:

When you are actively seeking happiness for each other your relationship will most like succeed. All my problems ended when I came to that realization. Everything I do that is related to my GF is predicated on that one rule. Before I do or say anything to her I think "will this make her happier?". I now find myself happiest when I see a smile on her face. It's a beautiful sight to see and it warms my heart.

edit on 14-9-2010 by Unknown Origin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Women haters come busting into a conversation and tend to blame Feminism for every social ail on the planet. Most of the time these are misogynists who have recently been dumped. They come in and begin spewing hatred on women, under the umbrella of feminism, so as to not own their direct insults. (any female is disgusted and insulted when misogyny is near, and it is something a woman knows when she sees it.).

I got to tell you and maybe you are to young to remember but when feminism first hit the stage in force back in the day so much of its power sourse was all about man hate. Feminism had been the number one leading factor in the falling out between men and women. Not talking about equal pay ect, talking about the female independence movement, sisterhood, the "awakening" of women to see themselves as seperate and special.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Ahahahaha, Okay.
The fact that you think women get married just to make a mans life hell is.. well its laughable. And such an opinion only proves that you are.. perhaps, not as socially intelligent as you could be if you saw the WHOLE picture of marrige.

And i should state now that i dont wish to turn this into a keyboard fight lol

No women dont really get married just to make a mans life hell but that so many men end up feeling that way is something of note.

I think there is a 50/50 chance of either party becoming unhappy within a marrige for a variety of reasons. Marrige does not effect just one sex.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

humanities class in college, explains that particular social function: it's the pendulum of apollo and dionysus. from one extreme to the other, barely resting in the middle. action->reaction. extreme action->extreme reaction. an example of physics in social interactions. but we don't HAVE to be victims of physics. we can actually learn to rise above the natural, to just be ourselves, sensible and compassionate. not male or female first, but human beings, first. i don't know what's so hard about that, but it appears to be a huge issue for some people.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I disagree with you. Like other posters who already commented, there is unfair portrayal of both sexes in the media.
What do almost all female stars "sings" these days...all about how they are better than man....how men are this and that....always its the men that is held responsible for break-up of a relationship.
And day time TV female hosted shows...hah...its just male bashing bi**ch-fest.

I forgot to thank OP in my last post. Although I do not agree with your opinion OP, and hate threads like these, but still threads like these are useful in exposing the hypocrisy and double-standards of some women. So thank you.
BTW, since this is ATS and there is a lot of talk about soul and reincarnation, have you ever given a thought that you might have been a man in your last life and that you are facing Karmic consequences through what you refer to as misogyny.

(I wonder why no women could reach the level of Buddha or Albert Einstein or Bruce Lee
...to name a few. Neither spiritually nor intellectually nor physically. Is God a misogynist?? Hhmm...just some thought that came up.)

Anyway, I bid farewell to OP and this thread for good.

edit on 14-9-2010 by cybernetic_dude because: Some typing errors.

edit on 14-9-2010 by cybernetic_dude because: Some more typing error in reply to

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Originally posted by whatukno
Women will not be happy till any masculine activity or belief is totally and completely destroyed.

I tend to think this says more about the type of women you date than women in general.

I, for one, love all the things about my husband that are uber-male. He's never more sexy than when he is sweaty from conquering some epic yard work, taming a beast of an engine or swaggers home, victorious in some other worldly endeavor, and just want's to get it on and eat dinner, not necessarily in that order.

Ok ok..we are having some comedy here......but what about later on when he tells you to get off your ass and do the dishes?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

I agree, you took my words, and phrased them differently
thank you

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Logarock

humanities class in college, explains that particular social function: it's the pendulum of apollo and dionysus. from one extreme to the other, barely resting in the middle. action->reaction. extreme action->extreme reaction. an example of physics in social interactions. but we don't HAVE to be victims of physics. we can actually learn to rise above the natural, to just be ourselves, sensible and compassionate. not male or female first, but human beings, first. i don't know what's so hard about that, but it appears to be a huge issue for some people.

Sure sure I am all with you here. This is only one explanation and a good one....but hair of the dog...some need and like confrontation....unresolved issues need to be worked out....sometimes men and women have to play the role of soundingboard even mental whiping boy or girl if they want to salvage the thing. Do you have any idea what I am talking about? Its not 101 I will tell you that.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Men being sucked up in a system where they have to spend all there time away from home at work is messed up...and he should be available to mow the lawn in a normal society...which we dont live in...so dad is gone most the day...but mom...yes the grass needs to be mowed...but what about joey and janey sitting infront of the tv being programmed to be the next gen of man-women (lol) while you could be teaching janey how to do things that woman are great at that men suck at....and DAD, you should be teaching little joey how to mow the lawn so that he can take care of his wife and family one day, society is #ed up, people need to realize life weas healthier back in teh day (the family unit) the only problem was that women were not getting respected as spiritualy equal beings, each with their own strong points.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I am 23...my generation of women, is only good a few things...getting blacked out drunk, and throwing their legs up in the air for the first taker...my gen of women think its funny when they proclaim they cant cook....

newage women, turn me off. i would rather take a real man with a real dick than a woman thats been manipulated to be like one...somthing abt a woman prancing around with her boob clevage hanging out, is a real turn off...i want a woman that respect herself...i am wwith a man, but i am still attracted to women...just not women who are 'of the day'..its far and few between that i find a woman i'm attracted to their spirit and who they are in this world...Men are pretty manipulated too, but we're doomed if both are manipulated.

edit on 14-9-2010 by UrbanRenMan1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Ahahahaha, Okay.

I think there is a 50/50 chance of either party becoming unhappy within a marrige for a variety of reasons. Marrige does not effect just one sex.

These days? Its abot 70/30.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by UrbanRenMan1

i'm referring to norms, ya know. norms are so easily abused, especially where biology is involved. there's not a norm. there's just people. we keep being told that women are x,y,z and men are 1,2,3. it's all baloney. some women are x, 2, z and some men are 1,y,3. and i don't necessarily mean "sexually," i mean, as regards temperament, physical capacity, mental capacity and so on.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Origin
Most of relationship problems can be solved by this one simple rule:

When you are actively seeking happiness for each other your relationship will most like succeed. All my problems ended when I came to that realization. Everything I do that is related to my GF is predicated on that one rule. Before I do or say anything to her I think "will this make her happier?". I now find myself happiest when I see a smile on her face. It's a beautiful sight to see and it warms my heart.

edit on 14-9-2010 by Unknown Origin because: (no reason given)

Thats fine I like it, its good. But did you ever meet a shrew or a ......

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Thats real, I agree, everyone has different capacities and capabilities. some women have HUGE builds and would have no problem doing some of the stuff men do...but then there are the media casualties with blonde hair fake boobs and sticks for arms cause they're anorexic, and they still try to mow the lawn because 'they're a woman, and they can do everything a man can do' ...i just shake my head and walk away with my big arms that are MADE for doing these types of things...the uselessness a man feels in this society as a result of womens lib, is not good for either sexes....or the future of humanity for that matter...

I do not see or treat women as sexual objects, since I am bi, thats what men are for, lol....women are the mothers of our children and should be respected, not used ....# i get so heated at men sometimes...and women equally for putting their boobs out and what do they exspect from men!? #ing a...its not just clevage, butthe tight clothes and the way women intentionally move their ass when they walk....leaves nothing to the imagination, every man that walks by has prety much #ed you in their mind...

...sorry for the language mods...i'm just heated.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm surprised this subject in general is still going on, the OP does makes several points which I agree with.

I hope no one gets too worked up over some of this stuff though -

I do not have time right now to read all the responses, I did want to point out one thing which I was going to attach to the similar thread going on this - but it will fit here as well.

The last thread on this was straight up Propaganda. I believe this was titled 'Feminism ruins relationships' or something like that.

An almost identical thread, referencing the same social commentator was posted close to the same time on another forum which caters to the farthest of the far right wing. This organization also has in its stated goals the spread of "their message".

They frequently use *this* site to try to push their agenda. They are *against* anything remotely "liberal" and they have a revolving bag of topics including anti immigration, women, gays, liberals, etc. It's getting rather predictable.

Because I have no interest in fostering any sort of 'board war' I will leave it at that and most here - if they can see through this group's rather lame attempts at Propaganda - they know who they are. I should hope the mods know who they are and I do believe they do.

For others who might not have yet realized that this is nothing but a simplistic attempt at Propaganda, which they love very much because their Fascist idols were keen on the use of it - I just wanted to point it out and in my opinion anyway - the best tactic is to not take the bait.

Debate is one thing - these people are really not looking for that. Most of the garbage they post is not worth making an effort on anyway. A lot contains flat out erroneous information, and is often gleaned from chain emails and questionable blogs.

After you see this stuff pop up enough - and the exact same topics popping up on "their" favored websites and boards - at nearly exactly the same time they are posted here - it's pretty obvious what their agenda is. They sate that in fact, on their forums.

Too bad they're just not very good at what they're attempting to do. Not only are their ideas in general idiotic - they are very poorly presented and on the level of a middle school child's writing and argument capability.

Some is so flat out ridiculous its almost entertaining.

Don't waste your time with this crap. I should follow my own advice here - but I did want to run these thoughts by people who might not be aware. I am not the only person who has pointed this out either.

I think it bears mention again also because ATS is a pretty good site and it would be disappointing to see it drift into some morass of back and forth spam. Other forums have already succumbed to such garbage and I'm sure many of us can think of a few examples of those as well.

I almost want to throw up my hands and leave for greener pastures, and I'm sure other people here think that as well - tired of some of the crap that keeps revolving on here over and over and over.

On the other hand, I thought it would probably be best to simply stick to the topics that are "legit" and attract other sorts of posters.

Just some thoughts. Please be sure to notice that I did not call out any specific person or group here. So don't get unduly bent out of shape.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Now, whether you'll admit it or not, you are clearly implying that some male ATS members are misogynist

I know I am. Some ATS members are misogynistic.How does this answer my question? I asked for a quotation the proves the following baseless submission:

You ... have fallen for the ... ''if you're not with us, you're against us'' mode of thinking.

Are you going to make me ask a third time?

I'd politely request you to show some examples of ATS members posting misogynistic thoughts

I politely oblige and refer you to the 'Feminism: Destroying the Male and Female Relationship' thread. It's sprinkled with passive aggressive misogyny. Here's some of the 'logic' being peddled on ATS recently:

Why are feminists surprised their daughters are sluts?*

Girls can become feminine again by making marriage and family their first priority. If they refocus, they can regain the path to fulfillment and happiness.*

Sorry but I have found that 99% of my countrywomen that seem to be the most brainwashed freaks.*

I would like to pose this question: "How are women disrespected?" If I act like a pig they flock to me. A couple underhanded compliments and the dresses come off. How can I be expected, as a male, to give respect when it isn't due?*

Well i know 1 thing for a fact women are getting ... ... "sluttlier"*

The first five examples I've found are about as much as I'm willing to spoon-feed you. It's no less corroboratively sufficient.

Remember my first question; I don't want to have to ask a third time.

edit on 14-9-2010 by rexusdiablos because: Word missing

You sir, are a manipulative slanderous usurper. If you actually read the thread you would know your statements are false. Maybe you should read it before you try to bash it. I dont know whether to call you a fool or to write you off as incompetent. Either way, you're arguments are in the same realm of idiocy.

edit on 14-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: grammar

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
point is, is here on ATS, we should be fully aware that there has been a deliberate attempt by media to destroy BOTH men and women. and is pretty much done....proof is in front of your eyes

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join