It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare For Ga$ Increase$..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
LL1

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Good thing I have a Husky. As for summer and no snow,
wheels on a sled?

www.worldtribune.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I dont understand, American has control of the second largest oil/gas refinery in the world, and they are paying money out of their ears for gas.

How does that work?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
As much as it would be desirable to walk away we really can't. The chaos caused to the Saudi economy would have the effect of handing the country over to complete control of Al Qaida.

We not only have to consider the effect on our economy but also that of Japan and Europe, possibly cause worldwide depression.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I dont understand, American has control of the second largest oil/gas refinery in the world, and they are paying money out of their ears for gas.

I wouldn't complain too much .. Your fuel is still way cheaper than what we are paying here in Oz & NZ.... Around $1.00 AU / Litre here and rising....

I sold my V8 because of it.... Now back to my sulking..

Chris

[edit on 22-6-2004 by OzChris]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I'm in Canada, and recently our prices have been around 85 - 90 cents/litre.

They have just started to drop and are down to about 75 - 85 cents/litre.

LL1

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
$2.39-$2.59 per gallon...

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Bah. That means the hubby, a truck driver, will be bringing home that much less. Even though he's a company driver, it cuts into everyone's pocket.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1

Your state needs to lay off the taxes - thats highway robbery, maybe thats why I moved out of there 25 years ago.

Georgia, $1.87 on todays fill-up and I think its cheaper than that if one looks hard enough.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate100
Bah. That means the hubby, a truck driver, will be bringing home that much less. Even though he's a company driver, it cuts into everyone's pocket.

The effects are obvious, and this will eventually affect us all. Hopefully, states will lower taxes, or give refunds.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
California $2.35 a gallon,

It is a fact that we are getting gouged. What can we do? Not sure but to start, drop the taxes immediately, it woudl help the poorest would can least afford it. Then DRILL for our own. Search for the DEEP OIL/REPLENISHING OIL articles on the web....

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

Originally posted by LL1

Your state needs to lay off the taxes - thats highway robbery, maybe thats why I moved out of there 25 years ago.

Georgia, $1.87 on todays fill-up and I think its cheaper than that if one looks hard enough.

The problem is that there are 30 million people in California and we have a special blend of gas that emits less emissions. Unfortunately, with all of those 30 million people driving on the roads, they tend to get worn out. The taxes are necessary to keep our roads not looking like New york's pothole-ridden ones. Maybe that is why most of the people in California are not from California.
I am one of the few natives still left.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   

The problem is that there are 30 million people in California and we have a special blend of gas that emits less emissions. Unfortunately, with all of those 30 million people driving on the roads, they tend to get worn out. The taxes are necessary to keep our roads not looking like New york's pothole-ridden ones. Maybe that is why most of the people in California are not from California.
I am one of the few natives still left.

The Atlanta area has to use the low sulfer blends also and our roads are not like New Yorks and you have a geographically larger state for the population so it must be your own state government gouging the taxpayers.

One advantage we have in this area is a pipeline from Texas to deliver the refined gasoline so transportation costs are comparably low.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Got gas here 2 days ago and it was $1.62 a gallon for regular unleaded. That was the cheapest price. This is down about $.50 in the past 3 to 5 weeks.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
Got gas here 2 days ago and it was $1.62 a gallon for regular unleaded. That was the cheapest price. This is down about $.50 in the past 3 to 5 weeks.

Hey Indy don't take this the wrong way OK? Is your good price because the rest of us are paying federal crop and energy subsidies for gasahol blend?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Netherlands,
shell fuel prices:

3,7854 liters = 1 US gallon

Euro unleaded: 1,245 euro/liter
1,245 . 3,7854= 4,712823 euro/US gallon

Super plus: 1,299 euro/liter
1,299 . 3,7854= 4,9172346 euro/US gallon

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Phoenix... do they even make gasahol anymore? I haven't seen it around here. Our prices are usually pretty normal. A little cheaper than Chicago but thats to be expected. I think there has been a bit of a price war going on around here. It wont' last long I'm sure. Eventually these guys will make their phone calls as usual and set a higher price limit. I was south of the city this weekend and found gas as much as $.20 more per gallon.

LL1

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

Originally posted by LL1

Milk $4.00 gallon/$2.89 Bread/1/2 gal O.J. (on sale $2.50)/.75 a candy bar/Car Ins. $1300. per yr (with every possible deduction inclulding defensive driving)/ you don't even want to know the total monthly overhead/ and $7.00 cigarettes(some places $8.00).
I have to spend an avg of $30, every 4-5 days on GA$!
With the Ga$ increase everyone in NY will need Huskies!

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
Phoenix... do they even make gasahol anymore? I haven't seen it around here. Our prices are usually pretty normal. A little cheaper than Chicago but thats to be expected. I think there has been a bit of a price war going on around here. It wont' last long I'm sure. Eventually these guys will make their phone calls as usual and set a higher price limit. I was south of the city this weekend and found gas as much as $.20 more per gallon.

That is an amazingly low price for gas, was'nt the chicago area having some of the highest prices last year or is my memory going?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Milk $4.00 gallon/$2.89 Bread/1/2 gal O.J. (on sale $2.50)/.75 a candy bar/Car Ins. $1300. per yr (with every possible deduction inclulding defensive driving)/ you don't even want to know the total monthly overhead/ and $7.00 cigarettes(some places $8.00).
I have to spend an avg of $30, every 4-5 days on GA$!
With the Ga$ increase everyone in NY will need Huskies!

LL1, my advice is move as fast as you can, your cost of living is crazily high, yup run as fast as you can - theres plenty of jobs elsewhere.
Why put up with it? not to mention Bloombergs police state if your in the city........run.....run.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I just bought some gas on Base here in San Diego ....cost me $2.09 a gallon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join