It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Afghans Die in Protest Over Koran Burning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

2 Afghans Die in Protest Over Koran Burning

www.nytimes.com

KABUL, Afghanistan — Two Afghans died in a remote area of eastern Afghanistan on Sunday when the police fired into a crowd protesting the planned burning of the Koran in Florida, a day after the burning had been called off.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

The Afghan crowd chanted anti-American slogans, including “death to Americans,” “death to Obama,” and “death to Jews.”

Let the second phase of the Afghan resistance begin, where people from all ethnic background unite under the same banner of Islam and defeat another empire.

Dejavu anyone, let's not forget, at the time of USSR, it was exactly the same, USSR also had allies, but were too weak because the war was prolonged by the Pashtoons.. The same traps, different empire, Afghanistan keeps beating its own record.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

“Afghans fought for 30 years against Communism and during mujahedeen time and Afghans are ready to die for their religion and customs and traditions,” said Maulavi Qalamuddin, a former Taliban member from Baraki-e-Barak, who spent nearly seven years in detention at Bagram Airbase. “Whenever someone does something against their values and religion they are quick to anger.”

30 years, this is just 10 years, and the US is shaking on its own boots, not to mention soon it won't have any boots in Afghanistan.

edit on 12-9-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I, for the life of me, do not understand or know why in Heavens name we are in those countries in the first place. Next thing I know we are in this country or that country to defend something or another. And for what. I would really like to see that all of our soldiers come home now and let the world worry about itself. We cannot be the police of the world as much as some would like. Ofcourse, now that I think about it, if all the soldiers did come home will they be able to find jobs??. I think not. Seems like we are really in big doo doo. Anyways, thats my thought. Thank you for listening.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Have they not been informed that the ridiculous Koran burning was cancelled?

Have they not been informed that President Obama and his administration have been vocally against it?

Have they not been informed that "the Jews" had nothing to do with this planned act?

Who controls?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nihilus
Have they not been informed that the ridiculous Koran burning was cancelled?

Have they not been informed that President Obama and his administration have been vocally against it?

Have they not been informed that "the Jews" had nothing to do with this planned act?

Who controls?

They have been informed, but they are one of those people who look at actions rather than words, as actions speak louder than words.

Obama is still invading Afghanistan, and continuing the same policies of his predecessor. The Zionist Jews kind of own the American media, so they were the one who gave fame to this little story, a little church, with little meaning. And surely they are not that stupid to believe the Quran burning was cancelled, when they see it getting burned.

This is much more than this incident, this is about Afghan anger reaching boiling point..

top topics

join