It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Policeman squirts himself with pepper spray, has jaw broken and gets acidentally tasered - on Friday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Policeman squirts himself with pepper spray, has jaw broken and gets acidentally tasered - on Friday 13th

What should have been a routine call turned sour when PC Jason Mepham tried to have a quiet word with Jason King following reports of a disturbance in Murdoch Close, Redruth, Cornwall.

King began to run away, but then turned and faced the chasing officer, squaring up for a fight.

The shocked officer tried to reason with King, but said he felt so threatened that he deployed his Captor control spray.

I hate to laugh at someone's misfortune but...
Poor guy...

At least the guy kicked the officer's dislocated jaw back into place... I wonder if he gets any brownie points...

edit on 12/9/2010 by Mirthful Me because: Trimmed External Quote.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I laughed out loud.

But,

I honestly do feel bad for the officer.

I will blame my initial levity on watching to much slapstick comedy when I was younger...

~meathead

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Wowza-- the next time I think I'm having a bad day, I'll remember this poor guy. It seems everything that could go wrong for him, did.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'm sure this officer will NEVER EVER hear the end of this at his department.
If I were his superior I would tell him he better be at work on time tomorrow just to be an unreasonable A hole. LOL
Life's little treasures.

Seriously though it sounds almost as if it played out like a scene from Reno 911.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
How many beers do you think he had after his shift was over?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Funny if you think about it.
This guy had PT, hand to hand combat, pepper spray and tazer training all in the course of a few minutes if not seconds.
I wonder if the dude he was chasing had a mullet and a dirty wife beater t-shirt on.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Reads like a Benny Hill sketch.

Shouldn't laugh... no wait... should laugh.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Thanks for the good laugh mate, and just when I really needed it! What happened to the cop reminded me of the misfortune of a friend of mine, some thirty or so years ago. He was out checking around an old barn, hoping to find some boards he could use in renovating his rec-room. Whilst sorting through a pile of smaller boards, he disturbed a family of baby skunks that had made a home underneath them. Instead of getting the heck out of there he took a few seconds to view the kits, and that's when the mother who must have been up on one of the lower beams, launched herself onto the back of my friend's neck, biting and spraying at the same time. As if that wasn't enough, the poor guy jumps back whilst trying to get rid of this irate skunk, and lands on a nail that was sticking out of one of the boards. It went through the sole of his running shoe, and right up through his foot. He finally gets rid of the skunk and comes hobbling out of the barn with the board still attached to his foot, moaning in pain and stinking to high heaven. As soon as he removed the board, he immediately drove to the hospital, where I'm sure he wasn't exactly welcomed with open arms, and if you have ever smelled a skunk up close, you'll easily understand why. To add a couple of insults to his injuries, he was given a tetanus shot in the ass, then for about a month, every day had to get a painful shot for rabies, right in the abdomen. Not a good day!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Probably time to call it a day on the ole policing front.

Seriously

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Am I the only one who immediately thought of the "Don't tase me bro!" episode of The Good Guys? Hah...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Sheesh..............

Talk about having a very horrible day on the beat. Getting injured three times in less than twenty four hours time. I would have thought that the accidentally tasering yourself would have been bad enough, but getting pepper sprayed and having you jaw broke along with it. At least the guy who broke his jaw had enough sense to reset it for him.

Then again, it could have been worse.
He could have been this cop in Alabama that was involved in two wrecks yesterday.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Now, that's a bad day for sure. Final Destination style...

new topics

top topics

join