It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to release US woman on bail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Iran to release US woman on bail

english.aljazeera.net

"Based on reports and the approval of the relevant judge about the sickness of Ms. Shourd, her detention was converted to $500,000, and if the bail is deposited, she can be released," he was quoted as saying.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Well, this is interesting

When they said bail, I thought they meant bailed out with conditions, meaning she can't leave Iran, but she can live in Iran until her bail conditions are completed, hence "I'm out on bail" 2pac

I thought that would be nice because she would get to know Iran a little better, rather than watching Iran in TV.

Darn..

Anyways, what evidence has Iran brought against them in regards to spying? That is what I want to know, is this just political, trying to push US back from attacking, or is this more, is this really spying?

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

US response:

A top White House official said Sunday the United States is "hopeful" that Iran will release one of three American hikers who have been held since July of last year. Authorities in Tehran have agreed to release Sarah Shourd on $500,000 bail for medical reasons, pending her trial on spying and illegally entering the country.

www.voanews.com...

The announcement was the latest turnabout in a case that has further strained the poor relations between Tehran and Washington. Contradictory signals from Iran about the fate of the three Americans have also exposed factional infighting in Iran’s government.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

I thought that would be nice because she would get to know Iran a little better, rather than watching Iran in TV.

Darn..

She'd see more of iran and nicer parts, too, on television than she would from the inside of a jail cell.

top topics

join