It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strategy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
dose anyone here play Aixs and Allies that have a good strategy for the germans. i can never win with them and im 0-3 when playing! HELP!

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Dude you cant win with the germans?

Whats wrong the germans are the strongest in the region!

First thing off the bat push with your tanks to moscow and then pick apart the soviets. Unless the other player gets lucky he wont be able to save much of his ground.

Ive been playing the Soviets for a while and I always end up having the Germans pour across my borders the first turn of the game.

Or: Take england in the first turn and push south in Africa and just take a defensive stance with the Russians. Have the Japanese player take care of the pacific and you leave the allies hog tied.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
well i had a plan to stategicly bomb the english with heavy bombers and make them lose money. the russian player keeps buyinh like a # load of infantry. nothing but infantry. we finished the game today and he had 50+ infantry units in the russia territory. how the heck do you defeat that?

i know that to keep england at bay is to keep them from getting a fleet.

do you have an indepth strategy. like what you said before but like what you normally purchase, do for counter atacks by the allies, combat moves, non combat moves, stuff like that.

i have the new version, from march of this year, so i cant blitz into africa from algeria. i can get you a pic of the new board and show you what i mean.

but an indepth strategy guide for what you do during a game it would be greatly appreciated.

[Edited on 6-22-2004 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Ok well take norway first off but keep most of your fighters in reserve as defensive units. Try to get heavy bombers and literally demolish the infantry your friend buys. Take northern russia and reinforce positions. While your friend trys to buy time take middle asia from north Africa. This puts russia in a bind with you coming from both the south and west.

Sink englands fleet with what you have remaining in Germany and pull most of your tanks and planes out of southern europe to use against the russian infantry. Concentrate using Airpower and tanks and leave infantry at home.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
anything else i should know? cause im really itching for a win with the germans before i play with another country.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Once you have heavy bombers germany becomes unstopable. Seize all of the western facing sides of africa to make it harder for the Americans to make an invasion.

Dont wast time on research and concentrate on building a sizeable force.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
how may times have you won with germany this way?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
heres the deal with my version. although the key to beating the english is africa i cannot blitz directly south from my african territories. the version i have says you cannot fly over, move through, or occupie neutral countries.

this is the old map.

look at africa. in my version germany's african territories are much small, and bordering them to the south is the sahara desert which is neutral, thust i have to go around it. and thigs have changed on the eastern front. the territories are smaller and germany starts off closer to the russian capitol territory.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
You want to know how many times I have won with Germany?

Well this might knock the wind out of your sails but Ive never played as Germany.

Im giving you the advice of an Allied Player how has been subjected to multiple defeats at the hand of the Germans.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
ok that works.

i just want one win with the germans! maybe i can with this.

what would a operation name be for the invasion of england? of the united states?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
what would a operation name be for the invasion of england? of the united states?

Operation Sea Lion was the name the Germans titled their aborted plan to invade England.

So Id stick with Operation Sea Lion or for the US you could use Operation Viking Hammer. It just sounds cool.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
what about "Operation Creeping Death" cause the US wil never suspect it.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Where did you get this game? I wanna get it.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
Where did you get this game? I wanna get it.

i got mine at Hobby Town USA. do they have one of those out where you live.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
what about "Operation Creeping Death" cause the US wil never suspect it.

Yes utilize Metallica Songs as much as you can and I know you will win.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
heh

I AM UNSTOPPABLE!

he he he

all will
before me!

top topics

join