It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non Partisan response selling out America, oh how things have changed.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

The only one who is selling out America is you - the OP!

Our founding fathers gave up their lives to fight for our freedoms, and it includes the freedom of beliefs, so as to build up a peaceful if not harnornous society for future generations.

There you are insinuating Islam as something bad for society. There are much more evils in US and the world at large, why do you not target them but instead target Islam and religion?

Islam is religion based totally on free will and direct communication with the Almighty, unlike the twisted forms by other religions that seek more to profit from an uneducated mass rather than passing a simple message to humanity.

Fortunately, we live in a much highly educated and free age whereby we are allowed to ask questions instead of following dogmas, and many realised the truths of religion passed down from centuries ago, that every human eons past had been praying to the same Almighty.

Regardless if one comes from the traditions of Christianity, Hebrew Judaism, Islam or whatever religion one follows, It will always be free will based as well as the role models who can make a difference in life, worthy of a congregation. Mankind is no longer as stupid or kept stupid as it once was, and will follow leadership accordingly.

If you fear for Christianity, that Islam will over take it as a religion as choice, you will do better being a role model in every aspect of your flawed mortal life, so that others can be inspired to help them achieve their goals in life, rather than to denigrate other religions, ridicule their personal convictions and you being (removed) others who disagree with you. It speaks volumes of what kind of character you are and where your paycheck comes from.

edit on 9-11-2010 by chissler because: Removed Inappropriate Text

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Hmmm, couple of things......first, name calling was a little uncalled for, I don't really appreciate it, kindly edit it. Secondly, I'm not a Christian, so uh, no that little tirade of yours doesn't apply to me. Thirdly, since when is someone not allowed to have an opinion in this country.......I'm glad enlightened individuals such as yourself are around to tell the rest of us how to think and act. As far as me being a sell out, it's your opinion and you are entitled to it.....however, if you can't see that cancelling someone in this countries civil rights to appease people in another country, through illegal unconstitutional actions is wrong, I truely feel sorry for you. The US government in both sides truely showed how weak they are and how little the constitution and American citizens really mean to them.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
You are being rather myopic in this discussion.

I guess I don't see that as being the case here.

You used admittedly-circumstantial evidence to culminate in the conclusion that ""Had the bonfire been constructed of Bibles and Torahs...Now that would have been a party, the left wouldn't have missed!", then claimed that your post somehow addressed the thought processes behind the "bi-partisan condemnation; all without any mention of the "right's" perceived thought processes at all. To me, drawing such a blanket conclusion based on the given circumstantial evidence is what seems rather myopic.

Personally, I clearly remember the whole "Piss Christ" hoopla, and I don't see how you could draw such a conclusion from the event. I discussed the issue ad nauseam with friends from all across the political spectrum, and from what I saw there was a pretty clear consensus from both sides of the aisle; "He has the right to do it, but it's clearly in poor taste.". Only a small number of atheists that I know actually "enjoyed" the piece, and I can say that in those few cases there was a universal bitterness towards all religions.

As far as hypocritical assumptions go, one could just as easily point to the "right" with circumstantial evidence and say; "They're condemning it to curtail American rights instead of condemning it simply for being 'un-Christian' and rude!"; however, such partisan accusations seem rather frivolous.

Originally posted by WTFover
Do I agree with both sides being vocally opposed to the plot? Absolutely. But it's the inconsistency that bothers me and causes me to question motivations.

I can certainly understand objectively questioning motives, and I still think that a philosophical discussion of "What's more important: an action itself, or the intentions behind it" would be an interesting one; however, the post in question came across as being single-sided and poorly supported partisan sniping. Such seems unnecessary in this situation with clear bi-partisan support.

edit on 9/11/10 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hmmm. Phelps burned it today....where was the government and it's thugs? Seems maybe they only used this guy because they could bully him. Fred has made a living sueing for any little imagined wrong in life, I think Obama knew they couldn't bully him and he'd sue the hell out of the government for violating his civil rights. Personally I find Fred disgusting, however is he as disgusting as our government selling themselves out in front of the world on a non issue that happened anyways? He burned the flag as well.....where is the outrage from the muslims here..........and will it be for the koran or the flag? Be intersting to see if they are muslims first, or Americans.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join