It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

saw something in the sky i cant explain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
so i wanted to post this in the ufo forums but apparently i have to post here 20 times before i can post in other forums. dumb and im not gunna bother. i was hoping to get some insight on what i saw last night.

i live west of toronto in ontario canada and last night (sept 10 2010) about 8:50 eastern time i saw a light in the sky moving towards the south, it was a circular light with no other lights flashing on it. i thought it must be a personal plane since we have an airfield not to far away. then i realized this light is actually getting smaller and smaller until it completely disappeared. the whole sighting lasted about 10 seconds. the light moved in a straight line. im not sure what the altitude of this object was but i got the impression it was rising.

i dont think it was aliens. i remember hearing the canadian air force was going to be buying some new planes from lockheed. maybe theyre test driving some new stuff?

maybe it was a space station? what was in my airspace last night?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Sounds like a satellite or the ISS.

Put your coordinates in here and see if there are other passes you can look out for.

heavens-above.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
these are my coordinates

Latitude = 43.6969, Longitude = -79.7628

i was reading that site and i think i may have found out what it was. an iridium flare.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS!!

reply to post by MrPerplex

see something in the sky, huh?

you and hundreds of millions more. but there is enough information to come to the inevitable conclusion that reasonable doubt usually equates to: debunked.

keep looking up. but we only see a fraction of the spectrum of light.

thanks for sharing.

again, welcome to ATS. i hope you enjoy your ATS experiences. and please don't post crap,
et

343 Firefighters died nine years ago today

edit on 11-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: i edited it to edit something

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
what you saw was a weather balloon. moving along...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
There's really nothing to go on here other then you saw a light in the sky for ten seconds that faded away. Honestly ten seconds isn't much time to draw to a conclusion and also without video or pic for reference there's only speculation on what you thought you saw which could have been anything but a ufo.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Mr. P.

It corresponds to possible sighting of the International Space Station.

From Buffalo NY on Fri night 9/10 - you could see the ISS for 2 minutes nearly overhead travelling in the directions below - from WNW to SE. The ISS looks like a bright star travelling about 2-3 times as fast as a plane, with no blinking lights and a "fade out" at the end when it leaves visibility. I've seen it numerous times with one great viewing with my wife with the space shuttle travelling about 20-30 seconds time behind it before it docked.

SATELLITE LOCAL DURATION MAX ELEV APPROACH DEPARTURE
DATE/TIME (MIN) (DEG) (DEG-DIR) (DEG-DIR)

ISS Fri Sep 10/08:53 PM 2 87 31 above WNW 45 above SE

WIth any viewing of anything - if it isn't flying around like crazy in all directions with stops and starts - if it is a smooth light traversing the sky it is probably a satellite or ISS (which is pretty large compared to satellites). Always check web sites for sighting opportunities first. Here's where I got yours:

spaceflight.nasa.gov...

edit on 11-9-2010 by bonaire because: more info

top topics

join