It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to fix our world.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Every day you turn on the news, read a newspaper or just look at every day society you can see things are far from getting better.

I am starting this thread so people can put their heads together and talk about what needs to be done to fix everything wrong on this planet.

Government, religion, mainstream media, money, greed, selfishness, ignorance, over sexualization and disregard for the value of all forms of life are just a few of the things I believe are wrong with our society

What do we do?

How do we fix it?

Where do we begin?

These are some of the questions I hope can be answered and make for a better world for ourselves and future generations.

I am a constant visitor to ATS and rarely ever post a comment or make a thread but somthing just hit me today about the way things are on this earth and I hope that just by talking we can start our path to make things better for everyone.

Sure things have been worse in the past but why let history repeat it itself?

I wish you all well and welcome all opinions

p.s Feel free to move this thread where it needs to be moved, I wasn't sure where to put it.

edit on 11-9-2010 by Northernwolf because: Forgot somthing.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Northernwolf

Well at least nobody can blame you for not trying!! I like the effort.

What do we do? Acknowledge that we need each other.

How do we fix it? Realize that we need each other.

Where do we begin? Make people aware that we need each other.

Society nowadays allows, very easily, for the notion to spread that we are all individuals that have the option to not give a d*mn about society. In the end, most will discover that this sadly not the case.

Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
How do we make a better world and fix these seemingly unsurmountable problems?

We start with ourselves. We fix "us". We quit giving into greed and looking for the easy answers when we already know the right ones.

We stop chanting the mantra of "me me me" and we take a step back from ourselves so that we can see how our own actions effect others.

If we all just learned to act in an empathetic and aware manner the big problems would all eventually go away.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

The sad thing is that individual people would like to fix the world, but governments have agendas.

And those agendas are being in control and being the richest.

The best thing that people can do is care for others. If you cannot do this with money, do it with your time.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I would appear as if our latest ideal is..

Gonna make a million, doesn't matter who dies!!

From some point of view this might be a good ideal, admirable even. But not from a social point of view.

Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
really? I thought about it for a long time, sometimes I do

in my opinion the best option would be for me to decide everything and whats best for everyone

its weird and not fair, but in my opinion, thats one of the few ways to make it work, since we, as society, are completely controlled by this system called democracy: people that dont want the best for everyone explore the system fails every single day, so, its impossible to achieve the ideal society by democracy without a way to making sure the guy you just selected to represent you is really sane

my other view on it is that, maybe, just maybe, because of the internet, people will improve their awareness, since they will be able to experience other perspectives, and they may open their minds

my other "solution" would be to take the big brother and make it work to our advantage: lets watch our politicians closely, their every move, and get more power to get rid of the bad ones

thats all for today

edit on 11/9/10 by Faiol because: writing

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I do alot of thinking on this subject for some reason, but what always kicks me in the but
is the (human nature) aspect. Everyone has a different personality and perspective on life
that influences their actions. There is and always be greedy people in this world. How would we
get around that? I cannot think of an answer to that one.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Hey there. Good idea about a thread like this! Honestly, there is a lot that needs fixed, but it's not impossible to do it all. It will just be hard and EVERYONE will have to really want it. I usually make a big deal about respect. Like, if there was more respect the world would be better. Maybe I'm right, maybe not...but I will say that even just a slight bump of the "knob of respect" that controls how much you respect someone else would make for a nice first step.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Now how are you going to make everybody realize how important a social structure is?

You let it go to h*ll. That makes for a good wake up call.

Just like with war. After every great war, people involved vow that they will never allow such an atrocity to happen again. Everybody groups together under this common ideal.......until we forget and start over again.

Breath in....breath out.

Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
To me it all starts with people becoming less individualistic and in turn realizing that we are all connected to each other and to the universe. How can we expect to change anything when we all have our own personal agendas and goals. This mentality needs to change. After all, united we stand, divided we fall.

In order to unite we need to first realize that our egos drives us to be individualistic and unaware of their true selves. To me the ego is one of our greatest enemies. Today's society is very ego driven and as a result divided on many levels. We are constantly pushed to feed our egos through the clothes we wear, or the car we drive or anything else that will make us feel superior or even different from the rest. By limiting our ego we can focus on the important things in life like making sure that our neighbors are not hungry before we overindulge.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I think all humanity really needs is a common enemy.

Let's leak out that alien information so we can all work together to kick some extra-terrestrial ass because if there's one thing were good at, it is fighting.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Humanity for the most part is directionless. This aimless drifting is something of a death knell because, if anything, we're creatures looking for a path to greatness with no idea of what that thing might look like.

As best as I can tell this is that path.

The question is will we actually start working towards such a lofty goal; or will the piss and vinegar that characterizes our modern day society lead us to a catastrophic and ultimately anti-climatic end?

I hope the former.

edit on 11-9-2010 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Hi Northernwolf, Thank you for your thread. I would like to give you 10 ways to solve this issue but sorry to say someone beat me to it. The worlds most published book has all the answers to this issue, Is it possable that although being the worlds most published book that the word is not getting out, So how do we get to spread these 10 ways of solving lifes woes when the worlds most published book is failing to do so.
Well the same book has an answer which deals with non compliance of these 10 Comandments.

Chears robbo

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Exposing the ruling families and their generations of horrific crimes against humanity.

Cause them to loose Public Support.

Spread information.

Organized resistance by an informed and fearless public.

Stop Voting.

Refuse GMO food.

Take your money out of the banks, not that your paper will be worth much.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Duct tape fixes pretty much everything.

I think that we would have to start a massive global revolution. Problem is, most people are too lazy to even open up their minds to the possibility that they are being lied to, misdirected, etc... let alone do anything about it.

If everyone drew all their money out of the banks, stopped voting for anything, stopped doing anything that gives into the system at hand, then maybe they would take notice.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
If we want to fix the world, we go back to organizing ourselves in communities. We stop electing people into national and state offices. We don't show up for wars. We refuse to accept money as valuable. If we want to build something, we work together. We love other people without conditions.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

The thing is that people with weopons will want what you have and try and take it from you.
The human nature thing again

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormwind
reply to post by 19872012

The thing is that people with weopons will want what you have and try and take it from you.
The human nature thing again

I don't think the average person is like that. Besides, if people lived in communities of 100-200 people, they could defend each other. I do not believe war is human nature, I think it is an anomaly.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny

massive global revolution

.............And then what??

Will things like greed, hate etc all of a sudden magically disappear? Will we all life in those funny tree houses like the Ewoks? Everybody living in peace and harmony. Candy and flowers and happy happy thoughts??

Changes are we'd destroy one thing only to create a carbon copy....

Society is not the problem, it's the people in it!!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Well I suppose then that everyone will have to die. Only then can the earth be free.

Or you know, there IS the duct tape.

Anyways, the point of my post was that nothing like that could ever happen.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join