It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sebelius: insurers who criticize ObamaCare may get locked out of system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Sebelius: insurers who criticize ObamaCare may get locked out of system

hotair.com

Does ObamaCare trump the First Amendment? HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius must think so. Yesterday, after apparently tiring of criticism of the new law from the companies it will eventually put out of business, Sebelius offered to expedite that process for those who don’t take an opportunity to shut their mouths:
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
What she said:

“Simply stated, we will not stand idly by as insurers blame their premium hikes and increased profits on the requirement that they provide consumers with basic protections,” Sebelius said. She warned that bad actors may be excluded from new health insurance markets that will open in 2014 under the law. They’d lose out on a big pool of customers, as many as 30 million people nationwide.

Now, since when is it legal for the federal government to threaten a private business with ruining their business if they don't tow the party line? Never, but why let the law stop them?

I guess I should have put it this way... Since when has an administration been so comfortable with gestapo tactics that a senior official would openly and non-repentantly threaten private businesses?

Rarely have we heard a Cabinet official tell Americans to stay out of political debates at the risk of losing their businesses. It points out the danger in having government run industries and holding a position where politicians can actually destroy a business out of spite. It also demonstrates the thin skin of our current administration, where Hope and Change means keeping your mouth shut and pretending that everyone is happy while businesses slowly circle the drain.

I agree entirely with the author's assessment.

hotair.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
In the article that this article quotes, they say that:

Unpredictable premium hikes are a constant worry for small businesses and people who buy coverage directly. Employees of large companies are generally shielded from big rate swings from year to year, although their costs also creep up.

That is a lie.

Employees of large companies ARE NOT shielded from big rate swings anymore. The cost of insurance provided to employees will be added to employees' W2 and will be taxed directly, as income, in some cases taking the employee into the next higher tax bracket to boot!

edit on 10/9/2010 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
S&F!

Oh...this is what the Feds, Federal government does best...
Ruin private industry, and screw the common man,
While taking the money, and using it for outrageous bail outs, corporate hanky panky.

With Obamacare

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm really surprised this hasn't gotten any more responses than it has. I guess it's because this example of the federal government overstepping it's authority and threatening private enterprises has to do with health care and everyone is burned out on it.

Too bad.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Well, right now it seems that burning the Koran, or burning the flag, or burning The Bible is all the outrage...
That must be to distact the people from the unraveling economy, the coming total fiat money collapse, and the new tax bills they will be dinged with.

new topics

top topics

join