It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing makes me cry, this did..and still does.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

We can't "make" them understand, but when someone asks why it is emotional, and you show them a picture of dozens of people hanging out of windows begging for their lives, and moments later some would jump to their deaths while others would be crushed to oblivion in the falling building, it should surely illustrate the point to all but the most evil hearts.

If Silo's picture doesn't drive the point home, then nothing will.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That's what really hits me. I knew of the video "Fallen Embers" which is graphic enough. I really cannot watch all this again. It makes me ill; my guts wrench at watching people trapped or jumping to their deaths. That is the point indeed, but it's another point. The buildings themselves symbolize something, to me, that I'd rather see abolished.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Lack of comprehension?

Listen to this woman begging for her life while the building burns around her and then tell me it was just a 'couple a buildings'...

By the way... LordBucket knows exactly what the OP was reacting to.

Exactly.

LB isn't stupid, just inflammatory.

I'm sorry I wasted words on that (IMO) troll. I can assure you it will be the last time I do.

peace

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

This is a serious question. Why does it hurt? I mean...if somebody blew up the statue of liberty, there would history lost. There would be a symbolism of freedom under attack. I can understand an emotional attachment to the idea of freedom, so an attack on a symbol of freedom might be significant. But so far as I know the towers weren't associated with anything emotionally charged. They weren't built as a memorial or testament to anything.

They were basically a couple of office buildings.

Why was their destruction an emotional event?

a few people died. that was emotional. no symbolism in that?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Listen to this woman begging for her life while the building burns around her and then tell me it was just a 'couple a buildings'...

I'm sorry; I cannot. I have had enough exposure already. In this way, I am permanently scarred. I will never forget the lives, rest assured.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

a few people died. that was emotional.

Ten times as many die in traffic accidents every year. You do cry over that? 136,000 people every year due to stroke. Does this make you angry? Over half a million die due to heart disease. Does this inspire you to go to war against the medical establishment and kill doctors in revenge?

Why is the death of these particular 3000 so magical?

reply to post by getreadyalready

dozens of people hanging out of windows begging for their lives

some would jump to their deaths while others would be crushed to oblivion

People are emotionally different. What you describe doesn't really affect me. And maybe some didn't feel the joy at the flag raising at the end that I did. I think I've experienced enough misery. I don't need any more.

I did however, have an interesting conversation just a few minutes ago. I described this discussion to someone and they suggested an interesting possibility. She likened the event to pearl harbor, which she described as being "disturbing" because it was a revelation to some, this idea that "we could be attacked." It broke down the feelings of safety and security and replaced it with fear and dread that nobody was safe, and that at any time we might die.

Personally, I was a child of the cold war. I remember being fearful as a daily event during elementary school, terrified that at any moment nuclear missiles could fall from the sky and disintegrate me and everyone I knew. So for me, the idea that "we could be attacked" wasn't new. In comparison to my childhood fears of nuclear destruction and the end of life on earth, the destruction of the two towers was relatively minor.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Was I mistaken in giving you the benefit of the doubt? It seems, possibly so.

The M.A.D. threat you spoke of didn't come to pass but apparently it has desensitized you to what has and life in now a numbers game to you.

Are deliberate acts not distinguishable from accidents? Maybe you'll say they knew the risks or failed to properly asses them before getting into the buildings.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Ten times as many die in traffic accidents every year. You do cry over that? 136,000 people every year due to stroke. Does this make you angry? Over half a million die due to heart disease. Does this inspire you to go to war against the medical establishment and kill doctors in revenge?

Serious issue, stop trolling. You know damn well how this angers people. Your reply is beyond crass.

They didn't die in random car accidents, they died by some evildoers intentions. Everyone dies one way or another but THIS was a grave injustice. They didn't die in some random office building, they died in buildings that had come to symbolize American success. But you know all this and you're just being inflammatory and disrespectful. Politely disrespectful.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by union_jack
To all the loved ones from the horrific events of that day..I,m a 47yr old 6ft uk male..this video hurts....
gone but allways in our hearts, and allways never forgotton..all i can say is..Why..

www.youtube.com...

Descriptive words tend to be much overused these days by many ... but in the very truest sense of the word ... these scenes are as 'shocking' today as they were when I watched them live on my TV screen 9yrs ago.

My deepest thoughts and heartfelt wishes are with everyone who was personally effected by this terrible event.

Woody

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
3000 innocents died.

Many more loved ones were left alone - friend - less, sons and daughters - less, and most heart wrenching of all - orphans, within a minute. Why???!!!

Why? For what purpose? What had been acheived by such dramatic acts that caught the world's attention?

If you cannot cry, you are certainly not human.

It's the greatest tragedy in ONE SINGLE moment - loss of precious human lives, whom will touch and may had made a difference in the lives of MANY others.....why????!!!

Radicalism must end, be it religious of WHATEVER religions, social and political as well. If that was not a wake up call to humanity to get its act together, I don't know what else will wake up humanity before doom and extinction overwhelm us all.

Divided, as our devious masters whom are all out for their personal gain will attempt, espacially between muslims and non-muslims is the only way they can rule, and yet they had only proven themselves totally inept in ruling which led to more sufferings today of wars and economic crisis.

The time has come to end it all, and the masses help is required to make a stand. Unfortunately...and sadly...many more still chose apathy, or to live a dog's life just for survival sake, even if they are denied so much more that they were destined for.....is there no hope left?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Myendica

I'm not sure why it hurts, or makes me angry, but it does

When I made my first post, I hadn't watched the entire video. It seemed to be mostly recycled footage. But in an honest attempt to t ry to understand, I went and watched the whole thing. And did I feel any emotion? Yes.

Joy and pride. Thrill. Power.

Why? Because of how the video ends. After minutes of showing destruction, they show firefighters raising a flag on the scene and the video concludes with video of the two towers stll standing, shining in the sunlight.

Through all the destruction, our flag was still there.

I feel no anger at the loss. I had no connection to the event. They were, as I said, just a couple office buildings. But being shown our power, our strength....being shown our tenacity and determination under fire...being shown that no matter what is done to us, even at ground zero on the eve of destruction we cannot be broken...that moves me.

Emotion is emotion

Yes. And to understand why one thing moves one person and not another, that would be wisdom.

well in my opinion, someone who doesnt feel some sort of sadness because of the events, would be a sociopath, or psycho. It shouldnt be something that just effects a few and not all. You should feel sadness. You can have pride and all that too, but no sadness? messed up.... maybe it effected those without sadnes towards it, more than they think.

its not wisdom.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Im not feeling it at first i thought it was going to be the one of the people jumping out the windows of the WTC with tom petty's free falling song playing, I would understand why someone would cry after watching that. But it just did not get to me another 7/11 video with enya playing.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Maybe because, prior to their collapse, we had seen the instant death of hundreds when the second plane slammed into the building...

Maybe because, prior to their collapse, we had seen people make one last decision on how they were going to end their lives on their terms and they stepped out...some alone....some holding hands with a stranger as they fell...

Maybe because 403 men and women of the FDNY, PAPD and NYPD ran into the buildings to do their jobs and lost their lives trying to help people they did not know....

Maybe its because some of us have not become jaded enough to watch something like that and NOT get a lump in our throats....

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

She likened the event to pearl harbor, which she described as being "disturbing" because it was a revelation to some, this idea that "we could be attacked." It broke down the feelings of safety and security and replaced it with fear and dread that nobody was safe, and that at any time we might die.

That certainly plays a part for many people. I have always known we are vulnerable, and I am surprised it doesn't happen more often, so that is not the emotional part for me, but for some it was a very scary and eye-opening event that filled them with fear and dread as you have said.

Now, as for the car accident analogy. How many people have you personally witnessed dying before your very eyes in a car accident. I know for me it is around a dozen or so, and their faces and smells and the lights and sounds and the emotion is all permenantly embedded into my psyche. It is making my stomach turn right now as I type this. I guess your analogy will hold a little merit as soon as you have witnessed over 3000 traffic fatalities first hand. Then you can compare it to watching the WTC fall down. I cried when I read the paper after thinking I had helped save a woman. Her two sons were obviously dead, a baby was dead, but this woman seemed fine, we cut her loose, we got her contact information, we started calling the family, and when the paramedics arrived we turned it over to them. She seemed fine, but the paper the next day said she died in the MedFlight to the hospital. Her two sons had just signed scholarships to play basketball at a University and they were all on their way back home.

Yes, 100's of 1000s of people die everyday anonymously, but they don't die up close and personal while the whole nation watches. We don't typically see their faces moments before the death. We don't typically see them begging and screaming and clinging to their life in vain.

Surely you can see the difference, and if not, then I recommend you see a good counselor, or at least register with the local authorites that you may have a psychotic break from your emotions.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

reply to post by union_jack

this video hurts

reply to post by Bluesquid

It makes me angry

I apologize for asking, but...why?

This is a serious question. Why does it hurt? I mean...if somebody blew up the statue of liberty, there would history lost. There would be a symbolism of freedom under attack. I can understand an emotional attachment to the idea of freedom, so an attack on a symbol of freedom might be significant. But so far as I know the towers weren't associated with anything emotionally charged. They weren't built as a memorial or testament to anything.

They were basically a couple of office buildings.

Cause 3000 men and women and children where murdered LIVE ON TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have got to be one really ignorant individual I am sorry but I usually dont act this way on ATS

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

It's the greatest tragedy in ONE SINGLE moment

No. It was not.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Uh, what idiot decided to put a love song to such terrible destruction? What made me cry was the sound of the bodies going splat as they jumped to avoid burning.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I never heared of this wolfowitz raport....it is writen by a psychopath.....

I just realized that it is possible that such a man and his friends can distroy everything that humanity has built over the thousends of years......

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

a few people died. that was emotional.

Do i feel the need to answer such inane inquiries?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Dude,
seriously?
That's what youre bringing to the table?
There's nothing to win here, nothing to prove, so just stop, seriously, stop.
There's enough a-holes in the world starting crap, the list doesnt need another name.
Come on now, geez louise!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join