It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's UN diplomat in drunken rant against Americans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

China's UN diplomat in drunken rant against Americans

www.telegraph.co.uk< br />

China's top-ranking UN diplomat embarked on a drunken rant against the UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, telling his boss he'd "never liked" him, and adding for good measure that he didn't like Americans either.

The outburst by Sha Zukang at a retreat for top UN officials in the Austrian ski resort of Alpbach left senior UN officials cringing in embarrassment as others tried to convince him to put down the microphone, according to Washington-based Foreign Policy magazine.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Well, you know what they say. in vino veritas.

Mr Sha is certainly a man of strong opinions, and strong drink and public figures often make for some interesting quips (look up some drunk Churchill quotes sometime) or more-than-awkward gaffes, perhaps.

It's interesting to me that the article mentions a "deeply apologietic" attitude the next morning, and quotes an apology to the UN secretary general, but it is not clear from this piece whether or to what extent he apologized directly to anyone else at the event.

The more conspiratorial among you might also ponder the fact that history is full of many leaders who have been intoxicated in various ways against their will or knowledge for numerous nefarious or slyly strategic reasons. Or pehaps Mr. Sha simply likes to party.

www.telegraph.co.uk< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
lol,

he is gonna wake up tomorrow and say, "i said what!?"

he's not the only chinese diplomat to get trashed and go off.

i'm trying to think who the last guy was, only a few months ago too.

must be nice, having a job like that.

eat, drink and get stupid!

well he is out of the loop now. lol.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
wake up in the morning and all my friends hate meeeeeeeee

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I also heard he woke up next to the Female diplomat from Samoa

If only there was a video of his drunken rant im sure it would be cringe worthy entertaining

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I don't like Ban Ki Moon either...you know - maybe this is telling tales out of school, but - when you eat dinner with him, he's always leaning in and tasting bits of your food, spearing them off of your plate...frankly, I'm sick of it...

But China diplomat dude is going to end up in western China at some desert border crossing, checking livestock shipments, making sure no illegal aliens are sneaking in inside the cattle cars...

top topics

join