It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Wanna Fight? ATS Debate Tournament (Tournament Update)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
debates are a fine tradition in this forum and it is a great honor to participate in a tournament.

i just browsed the debate forum to figure out who the actual champion is ;D

the winner of the upcoming tournament will have to step into the footsteps of these famous guys

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b35a987e0aed.jpg[/atsimg]

somehow i have the feeling that most of them have been men, at least the last seven or so.
time for a female champion right ladies?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Im up for it! if possible ;D

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

thanks chissler

now let the tourney start so that we can put another name on the roll

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Great job orange-light!

Hey why don't SDog and MaxMars have shiny banners in their avatars, too? That should happen!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

i.ve always wondered why the two never get the shine bar on their avatar like you did
but not for long we will have another champion

are you participating ian?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

I wish I could -- I'm worried that I don't have the free time right now.

Debates are great fun, and totally worth doing, but I find I tend to spend 3-5 hours per post, which adds up to a lot of time...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
An excellent graphic, orange_light!!

And I agree that Max and S-Dog should have their banners...wholeheartedly seconded...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Please add me if possible to this
wish I got a V2V on this I would have come earlier and stated my desire to participate

yessir... I want to particpate and will be an active participant!

yessirr

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Great job orange-light!

Hey why don't SDog and MaxMars have shiny banners in their avatars, too? That should happen!

They dont advertise like you

Although your avatar is still the best Ive ever seen

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

i'm glad i usually have a lot of time on my hands. i have been reading through many of the debates in years past, and getting caught up to the expectations and rules, this being my first formal debate in the debate forum and all.

i strongly suggest if those planning to participate have not yet done so, please review some of these structured debates.

good luck to us all,
et

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Just giving this thread a quick bump incase any people missed it.

Hope I get to participate as well, It should be alotta fun.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Would love to participate.

I'm in.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I'm just bumping this thread and putting in another link for the Debate Forum. As many others have said, it's a really good idea to browse through the old debates if you're interested in participating.

Debate Forum Index

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Honestly, with the exception of people quitting because they don't "believe" in the side they were given, I have never seen anyone actually embarrass themselves..

if we want to really earn that "fighter" title, we may find ourselves having to debate the opposite side than our own personal opinion favors. however, i think it will add credibility to our own debating skills if we can effectively do it. sometimes i take the opposite stance than i prefer on some threads just for this purpose and practice.

i would be lying if i didn't say i considered backing out after reading some of those championship matches. but, i have decided to stick to it, and give it a shot. i have been diagnosed with ptsd and tbi, but what do they really know, anyway? one of my symptoms is extreme insomnia. but, i figure that may work to my advantage.

i'd be lying if i were to say i am not a little anxious about this. not knowing what i may be debating, or which side or from what perspective. not knowing who i may be matched against, and how much more about the chosen subject they may know than i do.

two more days, then we no more joining this tournament. and i promised myself awhile back the next time an opportunity arose to do so, i would jump in. i hope i do not regret this, and doubt i will, as long as i learn something and gain some experience. i'm thinking this will be fun.

i'm still looking forward to this. thanks for putting this together for us members guys!

appreciative,
john paul

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
We got a time and date set?

We certainly have the numbers, in fact, looks like biggest debate tournament yet

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

chissler or another mod,
i was wondering if there are any rules concerning the color of text allowed in the debates?

thanks,
et

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Please allow me to tell you what actually happens.

They purposely find the subjects you are the least likely to know anything about. Then, through careful research and sadistic planning they put you on the opposite side that you would normally take in the debate.

Trust me, these people who come up with these debate tournaments are truly evil.

well, i guess they need their entertainment as well. knowing we have to research something makes it more enjoyable for them. i am anxious to see what side of what subject i will be my first task. i hope to learn something.

yes, the teacher is always a student

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Registration will close September 17th, 2010 @ 12:00AM PST.

Last Day to sign up and get in on the fun, gentleladies and gentlemen.

Best Wishes to all

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Thank you ET for keeping this bumped..

I will be posting an updated list tonight for the people that have expressed an interest in the tournament..

After that, Chissler and myself will be conferring as to how we are going to handle the large number of participants..

I will keep you all updated..

This is going to be fun!!!

Semper

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join