It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "I Am Absolutely Committed To Fiscal Responsibility"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I am sorry, what the HELL did he just say? I do not know, if you or I ran our company or life the way that government runs their finances, WE would be in prison, either that or living in a shoebox on the side of the road.

For your perusal-

If someone wants to find the entire 50+ minute Wag the Dog speech and link it, go for it.

I am just so sick and tired of listening to this "MUTT" I am not going to bother finding it.

I am just wondering when the federal government is going to admit they have been manipulating
the unemployment numbers all along. Sorry to tell you this folks, the TRUE unemployment
numbers are like 18-28%. We are in a DEPRESSION. The economy is SHOT. The federal
reserve cannot find ANYONE to buy our debt that is like $100 billion per month.

Did you hear that, $100 billion per month deficit!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I tried to watch this earlier and I couldn't keep my lunch down. I live a couple of towns away from where he was speaking today.

The finger pointing and the blame game are still being played. He even mentioned running a lean government at one point. I suppose by lean he means nationalizing healthcare, student loans and massive Wall Street reform. Lots of bureaucratic jobs to be created in his lean government.

Nothing like another stump speech in front of a friendly pre screened crowd. I would love to see him squirm in an open forum!!

Hey, how about another $50 Billion while were at it Mr. President. He'll propose or back any plan full of outrageous spending knowing that it will be opposed by the GOP. Just so he can use it against them for his own personal gain of course.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It would be funny...

But it is NOT.

Heinous

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

He even mentioned running a lean government at one point. I suppose by lean he means nationalizing healthcare, student loans and massive Wall Street reform.

We gee - if we didn't deregulate Wall street in the first place... Honestly, I can see some merit in the rest, but
I think it is $$#@$$ unreal... Surely they should continue loaning money they do not have, putting the world economy at risk again

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Gawd, I nearly peed my pants for the second time today reading that headline..

Earlier it was about if Israel would allow outside troops to monitor Gaza....

ATS, should start a comedy forum

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I am assuming you refer to the 2:50 mark when Obama wants to freeze spending on all non national security stuff.

What Obama doesn't say is he and other big government leftists view all their pet projects as national security. Bailout the banks and unions equals national security. Bailout GM and Fannie equals national security. Pass a healthcare bill equals national security. Pass cap and trade equals national security.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Really? Hello neighbor!

I am getting sick and tired of him being affiliated with my fracking state! Stay south of the border! Fracking Chicago gangster!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Hey, Obama is in the pocket of the bankster whores as much as BUSH was.

No more, no less, in the left hand hip pocket.

Hell, you heard Bernanke. If anyone tries to stop them they will destroy the currency!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the comments, if I did not address you, I completely agree with you assessment or I had nothing to add.

By the way, have you seen the recent manipulations in the gold market?

No big deal, unless of course you KNOW what is going on!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Hell, you heard Bernanke. If anyone tries to stop them they will destroy the currency!

So why would Jivho condemn "massive wallstreet regulation"??? There is a reason isn't there...

What Jivho wants is to make a little easier or why would he use that as a rhetorical weapon?

You answer me straight, your honest

I believe both of us agreed last night that banks should not be able to loan money they do not have -

I wish we could all agree on that one thing, it would have saved us this current pain to some degree.

edit on 8-9-2010 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

What is MASSIVE WALL STREET reform?

The last person that broke down the financial reform bill was not ATS.

Do you see the crap that we have been dealing with?

We use to break down the bills coming through congress. We use to dissect the bills, now we only deal with the periphery.

1700 page bill, I have been told it is going to do more damage than the Fed Reserve bill passed in 1913.

Hell, they can takeover ANY company that they deem necessary. They can close ANY bank. They can do anything they want to do now.

SO, tell me, what exactly is the benefit? Oh, I know, they can put the taxpayer on the tab for ANYTHING they want!

WE ARE SO SCREWED!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I just have to say:

Sorry, just had to say it. Fiscal responsibility that's a good one!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Obama: "I Am Absolutely Committed To Fiscal Responsibility"

Hey, I wonder if this is,
"The last thing I think about before I go to bed and the first thing I think about whan I wake'

He has lots of them.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

So why would Jivho condemn "massive wallstreet regulation"??? There is a reason isn't there...

What Jivho wants is to make a little easier or why would he use that as a rhetorical weapon?

You answer me straight, your honest

I believe both of us agreed last night that banks should not be able to loan money they do not have -

I wish we could all agree on that one thing, it would have saved us this current pain to some degree.

edit on 8-9-2010 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

I think you misunderstood my post. I mentioned Obama's comment about wanting to run a lean government and then mentioned his creation of several massive bureaucracies. Wall Street reform has some merit but we will learn all of the dirty details as it evolves. Just like we are now learning about Obamacare.

However, that is another thread altogether.

This administration would not know fiscal responsibility if it bit them in the bum. This is rapidly becoming a blank check administration. Look at what we keep pouring into Fannie and Freddie and when they run out they keep coming back for more. The taxpayer funded spending spree has to end. We are tapped out and setting a bad example.

In the first 19 months of the Obama administration, the federal debt held by the public increased by $2.5260 trillion, which is more than the cumulative total of the national debt held by the public that was amassed by all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Ronald Reagan.

cnsnews.com...

new topics

top topics

join