It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Government Fails.. 2009 budget $1.3 trillion nerfed on the books

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Out of 1.9 trillion in trying to figure out the budget for 2009, 1.3 is misrepresented.

This is not just shockingly incompetent, it is criminal.
heres a quick snippet:

In the past three years there has been an increase in the number of programs reporting to USASpending.gov. However, the reported data suffers from an abundance of errors. There are also serious problems with the data’s timeliness and completeness. Of the $1.9 trillion the government spent on grants in 2009, $1.3 trillion – 70% -- was incorrectly accounted for on USASpending.gov.

and the source is ClearSpending

You know...I don't think I like transparency anymore...at least we used to believe there was some responsibility going on with tax dollars...a complete loss of 70% for a fiscal year into smoke...

wtf

sure, some of that will never be found...going to black ops projects and such where they don't give reciepts...but come on now...

Whats the point of paying taxes if the government is just going to conveniently lose most of it anyhow?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
From Saturn's Source

A report by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) assessing USASpending.gov reported that 15 grant programs did not report any funding to USASpending.gov in 2008. Our analysis shows that this is a considerable underestimate. In fact, 325 programs did not report any spending to USASpending.gov for that year. The total amount of the (non-reported) spending was $583 billion, or 22%, of the total grant spending for 2008. For loans, the total not reported was $772 billion out of $872 billion in outstanding loans.

So they didn't even bother to report on 22% of the grants or 89% of loans given in 2008. If a corporation did this the stock holder's would withdraw most if not all of their money. They would also probably face investigation for fraud, or there would be an internal embezzlement probe.

I wonder how much of this is going straight in to somebody's pocket. How many people are funneling money to organizations run by their spouse or sibling and getting a kick back?

I'm going to trudge back to my cave before I burst a blood vessel over something I can't do anything about.

Another example of a reporting error is the total value of all federal student loans for 2009. The Federal Direct Student Loan program (84.268) reports over $5 trillion in loans. This is more than the entire federal budget. There seem to be no data quality checks built in to the data entry system to flag or warn users that their entries far exceed a program’s or an agency’s budget.

The incompetence actually is making my head hurt.

edit on 8-9-2010 by MikeNice81 because: To add a quote.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Great find OP. I think. That report makes me so angry.
'

The waste, fraud and abuse of federal money has gone on for far to long.
This just happens to be a very clear example, that will be totally ignored by all of the LSM.
Only a few randoms and the astute will even take notice of it.

Thanks for providing the info even if no one knows about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I am actually suprised this story didn't take wings.
proof of the absolute disaster the government is in regards to bookkeeping and meh...no worries...I mean, its not like we care where the money is going on a conspiracy website.

I don't understand ATS sometimes.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
You forgot to say that Masons were funneling it to a demonic cult that gained secret knowledg from ancient aliens.

See now, if you had said that, you would have had at least two dozen stars and flags.

edit on 9-9-2010 by MikeNice81 because: puncuation

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It's my belief that American Taxpayers need to consider paying no taxes this year. Lets see how accurate the IRS is....

Then we can understand which department in Government needs to be given the authority to disperse taxpayer funds.

top topics

join