It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love for Satan, Love thy enemy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
First off I am not saying I am a Satan worshiper. I beleive in God, and I love my God.

My friend wants to start a new church. He wants it to be basiced on loving thy enemy.He wants people to love Satan. Not as Satan worship , but to love him as the enemy.

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Matthew 5:38-39)...Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. (Matthew 5:38-44)

I have never given thought about this before. Could it be that God wanted us to love Satan?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
That is if Satan ever did exist...

Let your friend do research on the origins of Satan. He can start on this page on the part that says: "The development of the concept of Satan"

www.religioustolerance.org...

IMO the idea of Satan was adopted by the christian religion.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sistinas
I have never given thought about this before. Could it be that God wanted us to love Satan?

Satan isn't human so isn't an earthly enemy. What you quoted was talking about humans....

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If the bible is right and there is a GOD and a devil, then God loves al of hias creatures, of course he would love his son. And he would want everyone else too.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
That is if Satan ever did exist...

Let your friend do research on the origins of Satan. He can start on this page on the part that says: "The development of the concept of Satan"

www.religioustolerance.org...

IMO the idea of Satan was adopted by the christian religion.

Satan, according to Christianity and whatever other religion believes he exsists, is the cause of all evil in the world. So if he (and if God) is just a concept then technically there is nothing evil. Nothing is immoral. Who's to say something is?
If someone wanted to be a serial killer....why is that frowned upon? People should be able to do whatever they want right?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
So if Satan doesn't exist, evil can't exist??? That doesn't make sense at all. Satan is just a figure from one religion. Not all.

And morals are perfectly attainable without religion.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
And morals are perfectly attainable without religion.

Who's to say if something is moral or not?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
TheBandit795, I agree with you.

Sistinas
Do you friend has specifically told you that is satan what he or she wants to worship. Because if is just your enemy as human being it sounds nice but if he is creating a deity as satan well he may need some help, may be he should change it the sun or moon or something not as controversial.

This what I found of satan, E-V-I-L personified became the D-E-V-I-L
Baalzebub was a local Baal or god-god of the philistines city of Ekron, in 11 kings.

Beelzebul is mentioned in the Gospels as prince of demons, incorrectly called beelzebub in the king James vesion, through mistaken with the god of 11 kings.

Christianity has created its own version of evil, with its own persona and image, while not acepting others creatures of mythology and superstition.

[edit on 22-6-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Yep, that's right. Moral depends on the mindset of the society. But any (religious less) society should be able to reach to a moral that does not include killing. In fact, societies with religion have had morals that included killing as long as it was in the name of whatever God they were worshipping, and christianity is a prime example of it.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Satan, according to Christianity and whatever other religion believes he exists, is the cause of all evil in the world. So if he (and if God) is just a concept then technically there is nothing evil. Nothing is immoral. Who's to say something is?
If someone wanted to be a serial killer....why is that frowned upon? People should be able to do whatever they want right?

I realize this is a Highly Subjective Topic, but I have a couple of points that some may want to think about.

1.) Whether or not you believe in God or Satan, good & evil are concepts.

2.) If you believe Satan is real, either physical or non-physical, Evil is Manifested in the world by People actually, although supposedly because they are following the deceptions of Satan. Aside from deceiving People, Satan doest actually cause the evil, but tricks People into doing it of 'Their Own Free Will'. The idea is to 'One-Up' God using God's favorite creation against Him.

3.) The reason the Bible says to 'Love thy Enemy' and 'Turn the other Cheek' is because they have been deceived by Satan. So if that is true and you do the same back to them, you too would then have been Deceived by Satan as well, as you chose of your free Will to repeat that same Evil Action.

That is meaning being the phrase, "Father forgive them for they know not what they do."

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
How can one love what they hate? This may be of relevance:

Understanding The Kingdoms

All our lifes
we have been children in the eye of God
perfectly dreaming on the mountainside
Sleeping beneath our skin
The sunlight and avalanches
that fall down upon us
can only prop us up
and help us to comprehend the infinite
I stepped out the front door today
for the first time in many hours
and felt hope radiating from the trees
The car in the gravel
can only take me half of the way I want to go
the other half must be conquered through hands and feet
Wandering at the bottom of the sea
tends to inflate my lungs to the size of animal balloons
Air twisting in the air
in a room full of needles
My heart feel so bloated with emotions
that I need a release
I need to love my enemies as much as my friends
because every light has to have its shadows
or else we can not appreciate one form from another
I love my enemies because they make me who I am
they define what it is that I strive to be
and what I am fighting against
My enemies are the sea
futility, corruption, hopelessness, hate,
indifference, weakness and lack of love
I love my father
I love the girl who dreamt herself a cat
because they are all of these things
because I am not them because of them
and so I thank
all of the people whom I wish to never be

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
He dose not want to worship Satan. He wants ppl to love Satan as in love thy enemy. I myself don't believe there is a hell or a Satan. He seems to think that the earth is a prison for the soul, and until your soul learns to love every being . Your soul will keep comming back. As for me I used to be a Christian until I realized that the bible was full of wholes, even whole books left out to fit the chuches veiws. This I found to be wrong. It was not Gods will to change or omit anything in the bible. Yet man kind has done exactly that. Don't get me wrong just because I am not a Christian anymore dose not mean I don't beleive there is a God.

Sis

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
There was an early Christian father (Origen, I believe) who stated that everyone would receive 'redemption' at the end times, including Satan and the other fallen angels. His works are considered heretical by the Vatican.

top topics

join