It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No cameras in debate after Spratt's request

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
More open and transparent Democrats for you.

The Democrats are running away from Obama.
They are running away from being Democrats.

Now, they are running away from audio and video!

Wonder when we are going to see the Wag the Dog townhall meetings so reminiscent of the Obama campaign?

Anyone with half a brain is calling the coming election to be the largest deluge ever. Heck, I might call it 40 days and 40 nights of rain.

Link to the story-No cameras in debate after Spratt's request

Snippet-

Reporters will be allowed, but Spratt's campaign asked for no audio or video recording of the debate between the candidates.

Mulvaney's campaign protested the request when agreeing to the debate, then sent out a news release Monday slamming Spratt saying "in this country, we have open debates.

Now, let me ask a question, do you think all the internet coverage of our representatives is beginning to make a dent in their behavior? I am sorry, anyone that votes for someone that will not allow public debate need to get their heads examined or check to make sure they are not getting PAID for their vote.

Wait a minute, that brings up a very big question. Is being on the government dole equivalent to being paid for their votes? I would say yes.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
At least they're having a debate.

Steve King Tells Democratic Opponent That He Hasn’t ‘Earned’ The Right To Debate Him

The 'logic' behind Spratt's no camera policy is simple; incumbants will have to face every controversial vote they've made in a direct debate. Any incumbant will stand better odds of winning if they don't have a debate, 'fresh' opponents will have a much shorter record of their views on national policies than incumbants will.

The actions of both Spratt and King are deplorable and selfish.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Perhaps they watched the Arizona Governors debate where Jan Brewer did an excellent immitation of Jackie Gleason during his Ralph Cramdon days:

"hamana hamana hamana" pause "hamana hamana hamana" lengthy pause giggle

end of opening statement

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
In both cases, you would think that any incumbent would want media coverage of a debate unless they are ashamed of their voting records. Then again, pretty much every incumbent should be ashamed of their records these days. This is despicable and flies in the face of the spirit of open and public debate so as to inform the electorate. I'm also assuming that these men are in favor of banning negative campaign ads as well.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It just goes to show that our election process has devolved into a "selection" process. I'm not surprised by this though. We are the supposed "free" country that is now bringing you "protest and free speech zones".

We might as well just host the whole thing on network television as a reality series called "Please Choose The Biggest Lying Loser".

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

You know what it has become and no one is bitching about it!?

It has become Wag the Dog!

Look at the Obama townhalls, choreographed interchanges. Choreographed questions and answer periods.

You have PLANTS asking questions and the video spread like it was NOT staged!

This is the 1984 that has been promised. That has been staged.

I hope you like 1984 and Animal Farm, for this is what they are creating.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You are so right.

"President Obama, do you believe what you are doing is in the best interests of the U.S.?"

"President Obama, why do you think the Republicans are obstructing your fantastic agenda?"

Fantastic stuff. One person's white, another Black, another about 90 and another college age. For grins they may also add in an earnest kid concerned that the agenda won't be implemented thus turning their young life to drudgery and their their great promise lost.

You might also try reading Kafka's "The Trial" or "The Castle". Similar take, albiet a bit more absurd humor. Kafka certainly captures the nature of the police state.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
More open and transparent Democrats for you.

The Democrats are running away from Obama.
They are running away from being Democrats.

Now, they are running away from audio and video!

Okay since we are aiming at partisan hackery here..

Jan Brewer, GOP AZ Candidate for Govenor...she messed up so horribly in her first debate that she immediately announced "NO MORE DEBATES"..

Which is more reprehensible? Not allowing Video and Audio? OR Cancelling all public debates?

Full circle...No recorders, no video cameras for Palin speechs

Dumb, partisan hack OP....

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Hey, she actually has a LOT of components of her agenda that parallel mine and a LOT of others.

Sorry to tell you this, but a lot of us are sick and tired of the systemic welfare system. You know the one, the unions of government bureaucrats.

Where us private individuals have lost our retirement, but the government officials are going to bailed out by WHO?! You got it, us the taxpayer. So piss off.

If I was an angle or however her name is spelled, I would be pushing pushing pushing smaller government. When you back off from what got you nominated, is when those that supported you in the first place, begin to think you are a woos. You know, kinda like REID, MR the # I gave bush on the surge actually saved the Iraqi confrontation.

So stick you political correctness where it belongs, in the history books.

If these conservative candidates hammer the progressives, they will wind by double digit numbers.

The progressives in the Repub and Dem party are the ones pushing the be nice rhetoric. Screw that, the dems and repubs have destroyed the country using their middle of the road crap for decades now. So, piss off.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

That might take the cake for the most unrelated response to one of my posts.

You literally addressed none of what I posted while rambling away about unions and welfare.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Really?

Did you even watch the debate?

Or just the modified videos? Sorry, watched the entire debate myself.

Since you do not know what I am referring to, I can assume you did not.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

After this summer they don't want proof of the stupid crap that comes out of their mouth,or how arrogant they really are! They don't want to be caught on tape on their cell phones like Miss Jackson in Houston! Just more proof they are not on your side,and got something to hide?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Really?

Did you even watch the debate?

Or just the modified videos? Sorry, watched the entire debate myself.

Since you do not know what I am referring to, I can assume you did not.

I don't care. I commented on the fact that while you are ranting about some "Democrat" not allowing audio or video of a debate...this "Republican" woman you seem to be a fan of has chosen to CANCEL ...All-together...ANY debates on her schedule.

Which by your own measure would seem a worse offense.

Disingenous and hypocritical and a bit comical that you would fiercly defend her position of not allowing the public a chance to see her debate...in this thread where your very OP is premised on just that offense..

WOW.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by slinger

After this summer they don't want proof of the stupid crap that comes out of their mouth,or how arrogant they really are! They don't want to be caught on tape on their cell phones like Miss Jackson in Houston! Just more proof they are not on your side,and got something to hide?

Yah! And that goes for Sarah Palin!

No recorders, no video cameras for Palin speech
arkansasnews.com...

And Jan Brewer..GOP AZ
Jan Brewer: No More Debates For Me
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Minnesota’s Republican Party seems very camera-shy. Over the past several months Republicans have prevented journalists from recording their candidates at events. The latest incident was rather dramatic as Gavin Sullivan was tossed out of the Republican convention for district 42B for shooting video.

Great video here...
www.dailymotion.com...

Don't forget Michelle Bachman banning audio and video recorders at many of her events..

Et cetera ... et cetera...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well with a 10-30 point lead, all done by actions of the progressives in both parties, I would guess that only speaking could bring down that number.

Hmmm, I guess I would like John McCain RINO to be gone. I could see if we could set up a debate there.

Problem is, if we set up debates, you have to have a democrat come to debate a republican. Since none of the democrats like a d in front of their name and do not want to be part of the democrat party, it is going to be hard to have any debates with a democrat in them.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Well with a 10-30 point lead, all done by actions of the progressives in both parties, I would guess that only speaking could bring down that number.

Hmmm, I guess I would like John McCain RINO to be gone. I could see if we could set up a debate there.

Problem is, if we set up debates, you have to have a democrat come to debate a republican. Since none of the democrats like a d in front of their name and do not want to be part of the democrat party, it is going to be hard to have any debates with a democrat in them.

The emoticon is not meant to be a substitute for intelligent commentary or cohesive thinking.

join