It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CITIZEN JOURNALISTS on ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Anyone who has watched the latest edition of ATS News' "Conspiracy Chicks" chicks.abovetopsecret.com... will have seen that two of our brilliant members participated in the production by way of giving interviews and even video to Ashley and Julie. We REALLY liked it and apparently so did the vast majority of those who watched it. As a matter of fact, we liked it so much we want to expand on the idea and let everyone know that we are wide open to interviewing any and every "ATS Citizen Journalist" who gets the stories happening in their part of the world on video or in original written form on the show.

If you have a story happening in your area that you think is germane to what we discuss here on ATS, you have the ability to investigate it in person (no internet based research), get photographs or, better yet, video, we want to know about it. The best way to start is to create a thread reporting the story and add the supporting images, notify Ashley and Julie via a u2u with a link to your thread and if it fits with the show we will set up an interview with you and highlight your story on "ATS News' Conspiracy Chicks" where it will get seen by thousands both here on ATS, on our YouTube Channel and on our FaceBook Page.

We are really looking forward to showing the MSM how to cover a story HONESTLY and ACCURATELY, without any SPIN. ATS has always been about getting what our members think is important in front as many people as possible, this takes that to a new level and takes it there through the fastest growing segment in media, online video.

There's no requirements at all to participate other than the story must be reported by you, in person, and because it IS video, we need pictures at a minimum, video at a maximum. Is there something happening in your part of the world right now? Go GET IT!

Springer...

edit on by Springer because: Fix link code

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is a great idea.

Everyone, if you have a camera, digital or video you should get used to carrying them with you whereever you go, we need honest information and it seems this is the best way to get it.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This makes total sense Springer, we have thousands of potential eyewitnesses and journalist around the globe.

It seems like a no brainer to utilise the membership in this way.

Nice one, just got to wait for something to happen in Dorset now, hm, I won't hold my breath!!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
now this is the best idea
I've heard from ATS in
a long time.

jolly good show

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Everyone, if you have a camera..........

If members are indeed interested, or can't rely on the cell phone or don't have one, getting an instant camera from CVS/Walmart/Ect. is less than $10, and you should have one in your vehicle anyways in case you get into an accident.

Once again, for people without cell phones...or, if you're a Luddite.

And it just so happens that Trinity Broadcasting Network is right down the street from me...wonder how that interview would go over..?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thanks Springer, what a great idea, I enjoyed the last show immensely, like any good show interviewing guests on important issues makes it worth while.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I will learn to use my digital camera and carry
it with me.If I find anything interesting,I will post
it.
Good idea!

[edit on 7-9-2010 by mamabeth]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

We are really looking forward to showing the MSM how to cover a story HONESTLY and ACCURATELY, without any SPIN. ATS has always been about getting what our members think is important in front as many people as possible, this takes that to a new level and takes it there through the fastest growing segment in media, online video.

What a concept, the truth.

Second line: What a concept the truth.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I still have my press pass for the ATS Press Corps. Hmmmm....probably expired now. Sounds good, Mark. Now...All I need is a camcorder.

.....Oh wait, I have an HD recorder on my phone.

And, Mark, I have audio from an interview I did last year for the press corps that might make for a good story. I might also be able to get more audio.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Very very cool. This is the wave of the future. Did I say wave? I meant Tsunami!!!

Am excited to see the first ones flow in.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I took tons of footage of local Tea Party gatherings. Most of it was for our Public access channel as I shot it using their gear. I'll see if they want to release any of it.

Also lots of paranormal and UFO conclaves happening now. Do I retain rights to the materiel if in the future I want to produce a documentary under my LLC?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This may be the greatest alternative media boost in years...
If everyone sticks with it....
I'll do my best to find a big story in my area.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Now your talking! This is a fantastic idea! Particularly when some major activity goes down. For instance the
Quake in New Zealand,etc. Just remember folks : Who, What,Why,Where,When, and How.

Looking forward to it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

We are really looking forward to showing the MSM how to cover a story HONESTLY and ACCURATELY, without any SPIN.

A conspiracy based news show with no spin? No thank you, at least Rush Limbaugh is honest about the spin he puts on his stories.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I really like the direction this site is taking. Fantastic all the way around. The potential for this site to go Mega Media is what I'm seeing.

edit on 9-9-2010 by randyvs because: more to add.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I like it.

I'm not a big thread starter and doubt I'll come across news that is worth putting up here but It's a great idea.

We have a lot of very dedicated people here with the talent and initiative to do this.

I'm looking forward to seeing the "real news" from real people.

I'm also curious to see what reaction the established press might have if this takes off.

I'll have to carry my camera with me and think "conspiracy" while I'm running around day to day now.

Flagged

edit on 13-9-2010 by badgerprints because: Urg. this edit thing is annoying. Spelling....it's almost always the freakin spelling. ....almost

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Mark my words, one day ATS will become a major news organization up there with CNN and FOX. The only difference will be, ATS will tell the truth without spin and with full transparency and accountability. And all of us members here now, can honestly and proudly say we were here at the beginning.

Now I'm just waiting to see ATS reveal it's news vans and a great combination of professional and citizen journalists to keep HONEST checks and balances.

I can honestly say, the staff here at ATS has done an outstanding job making this site what it is today. We can all argue and disagree about aliens, government, tptb or even the site itself. But we have been given this option by the people who own, maintain and manage this site. Hats off to the Mods!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

What is the proper procedure for uploading video? To youtube> then to our created thread>notify Cchicks via u2u?

Or directly to the ATS youtube channel. Do we need release forms, credentials, if the material is going to be broadcast via the web. Who is legally responsible if something is video/photographed that might be classified or otherwise protected?

And do you just want news worthy material or "creative" stuff too, ex. music videos, interviews, documentaries, etc.

I just got a new Panasonic AG-HMC40 and am itching to try it out

edit on 13-9-2010 by whaaa because: more questions

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

There is a plethora of new age, UFO, Rainbow gatherings, Paranormal events taking place in my local this fall.

Most of them have a ticket price of up to 50bucks. I'll pay for the gas, beer and burgers but is there a provision for reimbursement or even partial reimbursement on the admission $$$.

I would like to cover this one!
ufocongress.com...

and perhaps

www.martiansgohome.com...

and

If I can ever get in contact with Norio; I'll do an interview on his current project.

edit on 14-9-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Thank you Springer, and ATS, i also want to become one of your "Local Reporters". Here are some of the questoins that i have.

Where do we sign up?
What video or still formats or specs do you want?
Where do we send it or host it?
Do you want stock, or all ready finished with audio and corrections?
Do you want stock of various areas (IE stock regular background shots of various city icons in our area)

Thanks,

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join