It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He lies! Rep. Joe Wilson investigated for ethics violations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well,it seems old "You lie" Joe Wilson is going to have some 'splainin' to do.
Of course good Repubs will say it's just partisan, but it seems Joe not only likes to take big money from the medical lobby, but has cost the taxpayers a bit by jaunting around the world "to support the troops".

Rep. Joe Wilson to be investigated for ethics violations.

If you really want to cringe, check out how much this guy was paid to oppose health Care reform

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

wait a minute, now.

Wilson said then that their focus was on his use of $12 to buy six small goblets in Afghanistan in August 2009.

Read more: www.mcclatchydc.com...=omni_popular#ixzz0ynkJg3Em

how much money is going to be spent investigating the spending of twelve dollars for six decorative goblets?

if Wilson wanted to stay off the wolves' radar, he shouldn't have embarrassed america by calling the president a liar in front of the entire nation.

interesting article.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It's racism I tell you, why if he were white this wouldn't be going on at all......oh wait, we re talking about a white guy instead of Rangle et al......who cares, he'll be tried and done with long before anyone from the black caucus is.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I think they should spend $15 million investigating the $138,000 in expenses he accrued in the numerous trips he spent to visit the troops in areas like Afghanistan.

Oh, and the $12 he spent on goblets in Afghanistan is just SCANDALOUS!

I think we should tar and feather this guy. Look at the costs accrued for how many trips was it?

What did his opponent comment on?

Democrat Rob Miller, Wilson's general election opponent this year, is a former Marine Corps captain who served in Iraq. He ridiculed Wilson's participation in congressional tours of Afghanistan and Iraq.

Well, since the military does not make the choices when it comes to whether or not the United States is going to be embroiled in war, I think all the politicians should spend some time on the frontlines. Maybe give them a gun and helmet and do some patrols. No extra protection at all.

Just my thoughts on that.

Nice attempt to deflect the investigation of other congressional members though.

But what about THIS guy spending money to go on a bunch of trips to see the troops and areas we are fighting in? Pffft, yep get em Joe!

Let me see, let us compare the cost of NUMEROUS trips for a congessman compared to the cost of JUST ONE trip for the Marie Antoinette of our time.

Let us see, some estimates for Marie Antoinette's Spain trip cost the US taxpayers over $350,000 dollars. But we are going to investigate a congressman that went on "numerous" trips to "smooze" with troops.

YOU LIAR! Get em Joe!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Its all a dog and pony show to run the American people in circles. Its just more race card smack downs and reenactments of Wrestlemania.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'm not surprised Wilson's being investigated. He should be.

Unfortunately there are people of both parties who are guilty of misappropriation of funds and other ethical violations.

They should ALL be called to account. As members of the United States Congress they should rightly be held to a higher standard. We the people have a right to demand it.

new topics

top topics

join