It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion's ways should be changed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
As I have been hearing people about the bible, I see that there are many controversial statements in the Bible overall. Verses in it compared to the present makes the bible more like a hater's guide (yes I am looking at you Leviticus). The question is... why hasn't it been changed? I mean we could add in another book or two to say what is going on today, rather than looking at people's predictions, and stories in a dark dark, and near primitive past.

“I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.” (1 Timothy 2:12)

This of course, does not happen today, besides happening in Third World Countries. Females are equal today, and should be known to be equal.

“Do not allow a sorceress to live.” (Exodus 22:18)

This is a bit barbaric, seeing that "sorcerers, and sorceresses" primarily do not exist as how they see it. Closest or exact people describe Wiccans, and Pagans of today. We all know that they are no different from us.

“In the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.” (Romans 1:27)

To be honest that is still controversial today, but Homosexuals should be equal either way, and should not be judged.

Has anyone in the world thought of changing these, or at least adding that times have changed?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
C'mon now man, get with THE PROGRAM you can't change God's "Holy" Word, well that's just down right blasphemous! Don't you know that got put his hand directly over the scribes to push his One World agenda?

How about you ask God if you can change the bible?
I bet you he'll be wearing genie pants and proclaiming "You can't touch 'dis"

It's Hammer Time, didn't you know? Got to beat true LOVE down to a pulp. Need to kill the ones that feel. Must instill inequality for God's Army.

Your paddling upstream. We don't need a book to teach us how to Love. We just need Love and Love has no words. Love is indescribable.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I really wish that was probable, but the people of today, need a book on it, but hopefully, people will see different in the future, that with self-empowerment, we all can love eachother, because we want to, and not have to.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Bible religions are not the only religions.

They just run the world.

The title had me hopeful but it is just another symptom based remedy.

We need to look at the holistic view of all religion, do some root cause analysis and then move forward as a single race.

As long one human suffers, we are ALL to blame.

There is only "one" God, not "my" God. There is only one "race", not "my" race. There is only "one" planet and that is "our" planet.

Peace

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I have three simple solutions for you to chose from:

1) Believe what you want and leave others to believe what they want. Go your separate ways and have a great life.

2) Take what you will from the existing Bible and ignore that which you have a problem with. Do you really think anyone else sincerely cares what you choose to believe?

3) Write you own guide. Call it Bible II or Shoomoo's Way or whatever. But, just be prepared. Once you've assembled a significant number of adherents, someone else will come along and tell you how wrong you are and want to change your book.

Note to self: You should really avoid these religious threads, in the future. They bring out the ass in you.

Edit spelling

[edit on 6-9-2010 by WTFover]

new topics

top topics

join