It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who here bought BP stock?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Since BP stock has taken a plunge, do YOU take advantage of the low price?

Or do you believe BP may still face serious repercussions?

Or would you not hold stock/(support?) such a company for your own reasons?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I would never buy BP stock. Any money I made by doing so, would only be tained by corporate greed; and I would be guilty of being just as greedy if I tried to profit in any way from this tragedy. I would be standing with these evil-doers, instead of fighting against them - and that could NEVER be me.

You can't put a price on our Gulf coast, or any of our oceans. We don't even know all the fall out that will occur just from all the dispersant BP used.

So disgraceful.

Not even for a billion dollars.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I had some, ...

but I sold it all about a week before the Gulf Oil Rig Disaster.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
every time i turn the key in the ignition to my car, i have taken stock in British Petroleum and other petroleum companies. money goes towards them.

in 2008 i believe BP made a profit of tens of thousands of dollars every minute for an entire quarter. that is right. a surplus of tens of thousands of dollars every minute for a three month period.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tha Girl They Call Roc
I would never buy BP stock. Any money I made by doing so, would only be tained by corporate greed; and I would be guilty of being just as greedy if I tried to profit in any way from this tragedy. I would be standing with these evil-doers, instead of fighting against them - and that could NEVER be me.

You can't put a price on our Gulf coast, or any of our oceans. We don't even know all the fall out that will occur just from all the dispersant BP used.

So disgraceful.

Not even for a billion dollars.

Should you really let the fact it's 'tainted by corporate greed' bother you? That's how almost all money is earned and distributed. I don't think theres anything inherently wrong or immoral with trying to make money in this way.

I agree that the disaster is horrible and all measures should be taken to prevent future catastrophe's. But oil is essential to all of our lifestyles, it needs to be drilled and tapped.

Are you categorically against using oil based products?

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

I had some, ...

but I sold it all about a week before the Gulf Oil Rig Disaster.

Lucky.

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
every time i turn the key in the ignition to my car, i have taken stock in British Petroleum and other petroleum companies. money goes towards them.

in 2008 i believe BP made a profit of tens of thousands of dollars every minute for an entire quarter. that is right. a surplus of tens of thousands of dollars every minute for a three month period.

That's not really taking stock (ie; taking ownership of part of the company), that's simply paying for their product.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I bought $27,000 worth, now it's worth 37,000+
I also fill up my dieselcar at BP every chance I get.
I also bought 10,000 shares of Ford @ $1.75, that was my best one so far, it's at $12 now.

[edit on 9/5/2010 by wookiee]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wookiee

Nice.

I;'m not sure what it's like over there, but around here, BP have the best quality fuel. For some people and their cars this is an important factor.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tha Girl They Call Roc

There really is no difference between spending money which in turn supports BP( which you already do) and spending money on BP which can in turn get you more money...if you understand what i mean. So i don't understand your logic, seems like a knee jerk response that is not based in reality.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Good post. I agree with this sentiment.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'm picky about where I put my money. I research my investments.

Am I categorically against using oil based products?

Well, now, that's just a ridiculous question.

It's not a knee-jerk reaction. I make informed choices about where and how I make purchases, and I'm sure, much to the dismay of big corporations, I spend much less than the average person.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Tha Girl They Call Roc

Yes but we are talking specifically about BP, and you support them with your money, unlike many other corporations it is practically impossible to somehow avoid supporting BP....so why is science lol supporting them with his money with the chance of getting some more back any more wrong than what you do? It isn't at all, that's the truth....but we are going off topic so i apologize to the OP .

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Oh no, this discussion is quite alright and very much on topic.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by science lol]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Yes BP have bungled their way though another disaster but these days disasters are only measured in revenue lost and not humans loss or cost to environment.

i have lived next to a BP plant for 30years and most of the residents are engineers in some capacity or work there in another. A high proportion of my friends fathers have died of cancer(s) or lukemia before getting a chance to enjoy thier big retirement pay-off. EVEN SO....For Scotland Oil is the lifeblood and even since the piper-alpha disater in the 80's we still dont hold the corporations responsible for mistakes. The reason is that its a dangerous industry and offshore drilling is THE MOST DANGEROUS !! we have started to take for granted....and if we people in the west want to live thier regular 'nature detached' or 'fast living' lifestyles then its all just part of the programme.

BP is bigger than one disaster across the pond...believe me. They are the company we would call to start mining the asteriods when things go tits up on mother earth.

top topics

join