It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is going on with ATS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
These threads are played out.. there's a new one each week.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Sorry m8 you pointed to Islam,GOD,9/11

I replied on each issue you mentioned and yes i remember clearly the thread in which the term infected was used...and it was used as a term as in a question rather than being a statement...and it was more than a few weeks ago.

there was a great many replies to the thread and i believe it was quite well represented from both sides of the table.

That thread alone was an open discussion upon the very issue which did have very many interesting replies and was of great benefit.

did it lead to a rash amount of banning i would sure hope not....as if you want to change people minds you dont ban them you try to show them the way through open discussion.

once again i will re-itterate....It is known as open debate....several viewpoints that come together which can sometime(rarely) led to a sensible conclusion.

so the IMO if i dont agree with someones opinion...i can retaliate,or i can decide if the person is worth having a discussion with, if i choose the second option then i just dont post in that thread anymore.Then sometimes the thread will just die a graceful death.

Is there sometime a disruptive few...yes there can be....but like i say it is my choice wether to personally engage or to neutrally slide a point in the thread from time to time.Some people act like in real life...they raise their voice to get their point across...and it shows up in the way people post....so please use your own intelligence to figure things out and lifee will honestly improve.

or just moan moan moan,,,,,,that might work....the squeaky wheel gets the grease,,,,and from what i am reading in the responses your definately getting the grease......

i gave a star to the previous poster as i have to agree with LIB

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
Has the mainstream media brainwashed us all to believe Islam is taking over the world? If so, then I hope certain members use this site to learn a little from the other side of the story, because many of the posts I read would suggest people are out for blood and fear Islam is about to destroy their world.

That is EXACTLY what the MSM did after 9/11.
They're doing it again right now with zionist
propaganda media stories with Jewish
under tones. It is the zionist who want to
destroy Islam, not everyday folk like me.
But the zionist are hard at work trying
to program my brain to defect to their
side and support their agenda.

The smart ones can see through
this zionist tactic.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

Alright Lube.

I see where you are coming from.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I like the little play on my name.....

but the acronym for my name is

Please Let Us Be Enlightened.....but i will not get to upset at your take on it since i did walk into it with the grease ....

But i gave boondock a definate star for being awake to what is going on in the world...nice to see some people are completely awaken to the hidden agendas of the Elite...but i guess i will have to take the backlash of being considered anti semetic.

I choose not to be controlled...and i live my life in that fashion....so the more controls placed on society the worse things get.

So once again i would like to thank ATS for not just taking sides and stopping postings cause it might be somewhat offensive.....Cheers.

[edit on 063030p://f05Sunday by plube]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I think the issue is in all threads. Not just those regarding 9/11, Islam. zionists etc.
I use to send an alert (as instructed) rather than abuse the poster and get myself banned.
Then I'd get angry because them useless Mods didn't act in 3 mins or less..

Now I try to stay calm..I reread the posts I'm angry about to see if they have really breached T&C or have been clever enough to stay within..
Good posters manage to do that and its the price we pay for "free speech".

I have also learned to understand that there actually isn't a Mod there just for me. They may take awhile to get to my alert, especially with me being in an odd timezone compared with the majority of members.

I'm sure it's a juggling act the owners have to perform daily.
Trying to weed out the troublemakers yet remain within their own rules that are there to maximise freedom of expression..

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Wow, the age of entitlement is really here. Everyone wants something for nothing, especially for FREE.

How about getting off of your asses and confronting that which you so dislike here?

Can't do that without getting in trouble or banned yourself?

Maybe we should remove anything and everything here you find objectionable, ban every member you don't like, and sweep the boards clean of everything you deem unworthy of ATS exposure.

Surely that will make the hate, intolerance and ignorance go away forever.

We can't change the world, so why not change ATS?

Yeah!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
1 n 1/2 pages. Not one Mod response? Interesting. A big deal? I don't see it. Things they've determined we must understand are not always things they can do anything about.

I try always to wear the shoes of someone before I critisize. can you imagine being in their shoes. Knowing what is going on and being helpless
to do anything.

That would suck.

Maybe this is something the members of ATS could do more about then
the Administrators Owners and Crew. I'm sure after the few experiences I've had just with Springer alone. He would be kicking some ass if he could in anyway.

He certainly doesn't ---- around.

Fractured facade

How about getting off of your asses and confronting that which you so dislike here?

I just read your post after mine went up. Great minds maybe?

[edit on 5-9-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

In the nicest way (I could say it so much worse) the fact that you are crying out for censorship suggests to me that you have trouble accepting and/or seeing the world as it actually is...which in turn I would parse as perhaps indicating big problems with your politics and worldview (but that might be cheating since I already know I disagree with you, hee-hee)...

My actual philosophy/practice on this (i.e. this is not a debating point, I am sharing) is that whatever thing-I-don't-love or whatever lump of misery crosses my path is calling out to me, and I should consider it closely because I don't like it, when it does land on my plate...This don't mean you have to spend your time seeking out photos of eviscerated puppies to build your character, but it does mean when you do run across one you shouldn't run to mama begging for the universe to be rewritten in order to spare your feelings...

Ooooh yes, here's the religion saying needed to rebuke you, o LarryLove:

"To the sincere student, every day is fortunate."

Thoughts ???

[edit on 5-9-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The mosque near ground zero threads were absolutely brilliant imo and showed precisely this. To non Americans specifically it should have been a real eye-opener to watch it unfold, that while a lot of ATS members claim to be for freedom, against ignorance, hate and bigotry etc etc they are in fact all these things and that topic showed them for what they truly are... the media can manipulate them so well it's scary, then all those hateful views come bubbling up to the surface...a very dark part of themselves and their inherent backwards culture that they like to pretend doesn't exist. As for censorship, no...censorship is for the weak and achieves nothing other than silencing the real and true thoughts of the exact people we should be debating on ATS. Im only singling out Americans because they have the most prevalent hateful and ignorant views on ATS by far...as the mosque topic showed this, sadly hate and ignorance knows no borders.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

You make good points, but as long as they stay within the T@Cs here the staff dont have a problem with what they have to say, and although I use the alert button to call on posts I think deserve applause rather than for negative, (A couple rare instances in the past years) there is always that option if you think they have gone overboard. The staff can never be omnipresent, and what one mod thinks acceptable, the same comment can push anothers buttons...

Anyway your thread title is just one example...

[edit on 5-9-2010 by antar]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Sometimes when I enter a thread, it's kinda like looking into a school room where the teacher is missing, the children have taken over...there's total chaos...and over in the corner is a pig with a cowboy hat shooting silly string at everyone...

I just turn around and leave that room...and thread.

That's all you have to do and then find a room where there is some clever and intelligent conversation.

No need for centralized control of thought....

Further, I come here for entertainment and mental stimulation. My life is not built on what happens here... for example, I just found out...by way of the new layout here( LOOKS GREAT) that I have 5 gazillion points, loads of friends, and mucho applause.... thanks guys... didn't know y'all thought that much of what I said. I really am flattered...but back to point....

Tommorrow, it won't make any difference... I still gotta cut wood, fix fence lines, and scoop poop. Some folks here need to get a life.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Originally posted by Larrylove

You prove the point.

2nd line.

Larry every time we discuss something, the thoughtfulness of your posts seems to double!
Hay, I'm not the one who supports the EU, Political Correctness and anything else that’s being imposed by an apparently well meaning elite, “for the good of the people” (yet frequently against what the majority of people want).

So your one the side of the next Hitler (same mind, just without the racism).
Meanwhile I'm on the side of the pheasants (in opposing your totalitarianism) but am one for promoting xenophobia (and sharing in, some of the popular racism). Yet out of the two us, I'm the one with a heart-mind that’s truly free, and you’re the one imprisoned by ideas that you never authored, and were never able to scrutinise without what the media made politically correct, weighing on your mind.
I just hope one day the truth will set you free. Sadly by that time the EU will be a dictatorship, and the Western world in a state of civil war!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join