It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran orders 99 lashes for woman facing execution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

(CNN) -- An Iranian woman who'd already been condemned to death faces another sentence of 99 lashes because of a case of mistaken identity in a photograph, according to foes of the execution.

Iranian authorities imposed the sentence after they saw the photo of a woman without a head scarf in a newspaper, the International Committee Against Stoning, a human rights group, said Friday.

In an apology, The Times of London, which ran the photo on its front page on August 28, said the woman was wrongly identified as Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, who had previously been sentenced to death by stoning for adultery.

edition.cnn.com...=-jV1H03q_cl&wom=false

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
'Add insult to injury' becomes 'add injury to death'.

I find this punishment overkill for someone who will lose her life anyway. But hey, what do I know? I'm a western heathen.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Will they mutliate the corpse or what is left of it afterwards? Then perhaps bury it in the moslem eqivalent of unhallowed ground? How can they be so barbaric? or perhaps they feel that she will somehow bring down the country?

Madness upon madness!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm sure the lashes will be applied in a peaceful manner........I mean really, just how much more idiocy and violence needs to be shown before people realize what an evil form of Government islam is.....I can't even see it as a religion, it's just a foreign government, in control of many countries that rules through fear and is still trying to expand.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
All the sharia laws regarding women point to
one underlying fact about the muslim men who
promote the law, which is they are weak minded.
While they can easily display great strength in
their trust of islam, what these laws reveal is
their weakness in general dealings with women
and their complete inability to trust them.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Where are all the muslim sympathisers ?
Struggling to find a counter argument?
Why not just come out with the old christians done it once too
or christians were worse argument? Its only a matter of time.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

...and they (the men) don't trust themselves either. This punishment is so barbaric and perverted. Do people um...get off on this? When you have such repressed society it has to come out somewhere.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Getting a bunch of hairs that comes from your eyelids thrown on you doesn't seem like such a bad punishment actually.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

LOL the CNN is saying sorry for bad Journalism and also says sorry for spreading propaganda, and then spreads propaganda lies in the same article which it apolagizes for propaganda lies.

Must be Western News Agencies..

Stoning for adultery, yeah right lol..

Last I heard that was a Biblical punishment.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
My understanding is that sharia law is interpreted by local clerics. I think this is Ahmadinejhad trying to goad the west into meddling with his country's affairs so his can boost his popularity by reminding his people of past wrongs committed by the west...we can't get their oil anymore so f them. Sharia law is the antithesis of our religious freedoms in the USA. btw, infidels, heathens who cares? Some religious fanatic somewhere wants you dead no matter who you pray or don't pray to.

Power and equal rights to women everywhere.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Why don't they just take her out back and slap the hell out of her. Then 99 lashes, Stone her, Shoot her, Hang her and then use foul language.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
They are a primitive society locked in the 12th century. We cannot expect them to be developed enough to even approach a democratic or a constitutional democratic republic...

what a pity. that part of the world was the cradle of civilization: alphabet, math, astronomy...then they "caught" religion and they have deteriorated into a primitive style of control.

We should not surprised to see that behavior at all...not until they mature a few more centuries and i don't see that happening any time soon.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget

I think the more relevant question is why is the West giving the Saudis a free pass for the same behavior? Is it because these drumbeats are focused at Iran...the next war... instead? We don't demonize our 'pals'?

What happens there is pretty much out of our control. How we happen to apply our moral indignation most certainly is. It's the hypocrisy that makes me want to puke.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

They are too busy remembering that Extreme Islam=/= All of Islam.

Why can't you?
I've met many muslims in my life and none of them have killed anyone or whipped people.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Did you read the source and see what the source is actually saying? CNN is apolagising for spreading propaganda and lies and for bad Journalism.

In the same article they spread more propaganda and lies lol..

horrrrrray to Western Journalism, and horrrrrrrray for Naive individuals such as you

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by oozyism

Why don't they just take her out back and slap the hell out of her. Then 99 lashes, Stone her, Shoot her, Hang her and then use foul language.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by SLAYER69]

Are we talking about the same women who helped the Murder of her husband?

If so, she deserves what is coming to her, I for one believe physical punishment is more functional than emotional/psychological punishment..

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Listen Oozi,
having read most of your posts here on ATS, alot of
your replies have a common theme. You asume that beause someone
has a differing opinion that they must have gained this veiw via MSM.
This simplistic view of others can be detrimental to ones ability to
engage in healthy debate. Just because i disagree with sharia law
doesnt mean i watch or even listen to MSM.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Listen Oozi,

I don't fully agree with Sharia law is well because it is mixed with culture, that being said I don't fully agree with Western law either, because it just isn't logical, nor effective.

That being said, if you disagree, don't disagree based on BS. Get what I mean? If you are gonna go around claiming stoning when Iran has clearly taken down stoning from their laws.

When you fall for propaganda and claim you disagree with Sharia law because of this current news, I stand corrected in regards to brainwashing and MSM bias, BS and wishful lies, which you take and absorb without any question.

Once again, the source is about CNN bad Journalism and spread of Propaganda while in the same article CNN spreads more lies and propaganda..

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

reply to post by oozyism

Listen Oozi,

I don't fully agree with Sharia law is well because it is mixed with culture, that being said I don't fully agree with Western law either, because it just isn't logical, nor effective.

That being said, if you disagree, don't disagree based on BS. Get what I mean? If you are gonna go around claiming stoning when Iran has clearly taken down stoning from their laws.

When you fall for propaganda and claim you disagree with Sharia law because of this current news, I stand corrected in regards to brainwashing and MSM bias, BS and wishful lies, which you take and absorb without any question.

Once again, the source is about CNN bad Journalism and spread of Propaganda while in the same article CNN spreads more lies and propaganda..

This is not about CNN, there are dozens of other journals reporting this. The evil thing about it is that they will execute the lashes regardless of the apology. If you really think stoning is prohibited in Iran and you think all those media including all those governments and NGO's are lying to use..phoooh i am afraid you are the one with a spinning head all brainwashed.I am curious though where you come from, i guess you havent visited places like Leyton in London or Bijlmer in Amsterdam where there are sharia courts, unless you're a muslim yourself i dont think you gonna like what you see there..

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

My cousin lives in Iran so I know, I'm still in contact with him, that being said I'm from Afghanistan, and that being said you should read something other than propaganda:

n 2002, Iran's judiciary indicated that stoning will no longer be practiced in Iran.[25] However, following the election of Ahmadinejad, there were reports of judges handing down stoning sentences in 2006 and 2007, and 2010. Finally, in 2008, Iran's judiciary decided to scrap the punishment of stoning in draft legislation submitted to parliament for approval....

[22] In July 2010, the Iranian judiciary spokesman Jamal Karimirad was quoted as saying "Stoning has been dropped from the penal code for a long time, and in the Islamic republic, we do not see such punishments being carried out", further adding that if stoning sentences were passed by lower courts, they were over-ruled by higher courts and "no such verdicts have been carried out."[26]

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join