It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Website Has Changed....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Is anyone else having a problem with the "Real-time" updates of topics? I went to that page to check out as things updated, but they never did. The page stayed the same, but when I went back to recent posts, I saw I missed a lot of "real-time" topic updates....

BTW I love the changes so far. Great look S.O.

[edit on 3/9/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
How does one find the "HOT" and "TOP" topics?!

That was my favorite thing to do!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

The real time headlines are way too short of a list. Unless it's lengthen considerably, I think we're going to miss a lot of headlines

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
How does one find the "HOT" and "TOP" topics?!

That was my favorite thing to do!

Second button from the left: TOPICS

[edit on September 3rd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Found a dropdown menu bug:

1. Place the cursor to allow one of the dropdown menus to open
  2. While it is open place the cursor over a non-dropdown button
  3. Move off the button bar immediately to somewhere else, the menu will close
  4. Move the mouse over any button on the bar, the menu will pop up again and finish the closing animation

Yeah, I know, not major but I noticed.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I went back and checked after my previous post, and the Real-time page is the exact same as it was...
The times on the most recently posted on topics were all from when I logged on to ATS....30 minutes ago..

Example: in left column, it says the most recent topic posted 2 minutes ago....I click on it and it was actually posted 35 minutes ago.

[edit on 3/9/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I finally had to just disable the dropslidemenu.js.

I dont like having my eyes raped. Drives me absolutely nuts. Like some kid of wavelength related psycho-torture.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
As I've analyzed web sites for companies in the past, I've got to put my stamp of approval thus far in the updating process of ATS. It's easier to navigate through the different sections of the above network, and this pretty much applies to the sub sections as well.

The navigation bar at the top of the site is excellent, and it contains more than adequate trigger words that describes their purpose very well. But I'm not sure if there has been much change from the previous version, still good though.

Although the search engine is being run by google there are reasons for dissatisfaction, hope this will be calibrated at the same time.

But to summarize; congratulations on a much improved website!

[edit on 3/9/10 by Droogie]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Its not complete yet
Hang tight
Understood and no problem with that.

How will we know when it's complete? (hopefully by a new thread announcement?) If the announcement will be made in this thread that it's done can it please be made by modifying the OP so we don't have to read hundreds of posts to wade to the answer about whether it's finished, if there even is one?

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I know they said hold off on comments until it's complete.
The new format in my opinion is totally horrible. It's bad enough to the point I won't bother to visit anymore. The new navigation is just a complete mess. Can't find anything, all seems scattered. If it ain't broke don't fix it. This looks to be a complete downgrade. Again this is just my opinion as someone who builds websites and intranets as a full time job for the last 11 years.
Sorry to be so blunt.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
the Real-time page is the exact same as it was...

The real-time page is for topics, not posts. It reflects changes in new threads posted, new flags on threads, and new replies on threads. The recent posts page is still the place to view reply activity.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Is anyone else having a problem with the "Real-time" updates of topics? I went to that page to check out as things updated, but they never did. The page stayed the same, but when I went back to recent posts, I saw I missed a lot of "real-time" topic updates....
I tried it and had the same issue, I never saw any updates while I watched it, I even clicked the refresh button on the browser and still didn't see any updates.

Edit based on SO's post: I never saw any new topics, that's what I was looking for.

The dropdown menus work fine for me but I hope we can customize the color, I'm not a fan of lime green on the dropdown menus, the old color scheme looked nicer, but other than that and the missing u2u it looks good so far.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Mine seems to be updating ok, but the list is sooooo short, only 10 headlines

I want something like the ats-firehoses back, where we had a list of about 40 or 50, or whatever it was. That way we didn't miss so many headlines.

That's the only thing I don't like.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well I think it is very cool. It is not as hard as some make out to navigate. Things are not THAT different and foreign that one can't navigate. It is just going to take time to get used to the new features.
That is a good thing--new features.

When it's finished changing over I think it will be awesome. The updated look and feel already makes a huge difference.

But please announce when it is finished in its own thread so we all aren't debating whether or not it's complete.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Not really a comment just an observation. When hitting the back button on the browser it toggles the website from dark to light and light to dark.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Changes will always take time getting used to, but in the end they're usually for the better. I think newer members will have an easier time getting to know the functionalities of the web site with the changes. Older members will eventually get used to it, and likely come to like it.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Wow! It is such a big change. It'll take some getting used to. It certainly looks more streamlined and i prefer the styling.

My only concern is that the thread you have just spent time and effort on putting together would now disappear more quickly off the radar, especially if it doesnt get many flags. And, if the website does expand with new members (from Facebook e.t.c), this problem is likely to be exacerbated.

But hey ho! It's looking interesting!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
The menu reacts a lot faster. It's just so freaking huge and bright. You can see it from space. I think it's burning my retinas.

LOL That exactly....

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Hedera Helix
The drop-down menus don't stay down long enough for me to select anything.

As long as your mouse pointer remains over the green drop-down menu, it should remain as long as you like.

Must have been a temporary glitch just with me. The drop-down menus are functioning properly now.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Not a complaint. Just wanted to remind you to put in "buttons" at the bottom of the reply page, so you don't have to scroll all the way up and return to the main topics page. Many thanks. This is not a complain.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join