It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystical Stigmata

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

To decide merely the facts without deciding whether or not they may be explained by supernatural causes, history tells us that many ecstatics bear on hands, feet, side, or brow the marks of the Passion of Christ with corresponding and intense sufferings. These are called visible stigmata. Others only have the sufferings, without any outward marks, and these phenomena are called invisible stigmata.

I. FACTS

Their existence is so well established historically that, as a general thing, they are no longer disputed by unbelievers, who now seek only to explain them naturally. Thus a free-thinking physician, Dr. Dumas, professor of religious psychology at the Sorbonne, clearly admits the facts (Revue des Deux Mondes, 1 May, 1907), as does also Dr. Pierre Janet (Bulletin de l'Institut psychologique international, Paris, July, 1901).

St. Catherine of Siena at first had visible stigmata but through humility she asked that they might be made invisible, and her prayer was heard. This was also the case with St. Catherine de' Ricci, a Florentine Dominican of the sixteenth century, and with several other stigmatics. The sufferings may be considered the essential part of visible stigmata; the substance of this grace consists of pity for Christ, participation in His sufferings, sorrows, and for the same end--the expiation of the sins unceasingly committed in the world. If the sufferings were absent, the wounds would be but an empty symbol, theatrical representation, conducing to pride. If the stigmata really come from God, it would be unworthy of His wisdom to participate in such futility, and to do so by a miracle.

But this trial is far from being the only one which the saints have to endure: "The life of stigmatics," says Dr. Imbert, "is but a long series of sorrows which arise from the Divine malady of the stigmata and end only in death: (op. cit. infra, II, x). It seems historically certain that ecstatics alone bear the stigmata; moreover, they have visions which correspond to their r�le of co-sufferers, beholding from time to time the blood-stained scenes of the Passion.

With many stigmatics these apparitions were periodical, e.g., St. Catherine de' Ricci, whose ecstasies of the Passion began when she was twenty (1542), and the Bull of her canonization states that for twelve years they recurred with minute regularity. The ecstasy lasted exactly twenty-eight hours, from Thursday noon till Friday afternoon at four o'clock, the only interruption being for the saint to receive Holy Communion. Catherine conversed aloud, as if enacting a drama. This drama was divided into about seventeen scenes. On coming out of the ecstasy the saint's limbs were covered with wounds produced by whips, cords etc.

Link

History of Stigmata

Stigmata" is a Catholic phenomenon, used to describe the appearance of the wounds of Christ on a pious saint or Christian believer. It has been long debated by many who believe stigmata is instead a psychosomatic effect brought on by intense prayer. Stigmatics themselves are the main source of mystery for thousands of Christian believers. Are they really being punctured by the forces of God? Or are the wounds self-inflicted by those who harbor intense belief?

Stigmata can exists in two forms, visible and invisible. Invisible wounds are those covered by the forces of God for the inner comfort of the sufferer. Visible wounds appear on the side, palms, feet and head, and often appear and disappear in the space of a few hours. They can appear in one area alone, or all areas at once. Often, intense bleeding accompanies them, and the period before they appear is characterized by depression and weakness. Some stigmatics report feeling whips across their backs.

The first recorded case of these wounds was in the year 1222, by a man names Stephen Langton of England. St. Francis of Assissi, a famous follower of Jesus, experienced wounds in 1224.

The wounds can be experienced by both men and women. One of the more famous female stigmatics was St. Catherine of Siena, who experienced invisible wounds on her hands and feet. An interesting fact about stigmata is that it corresponds with the Passion and Death of Christ. Many wounds appear during the Last Supper, and the holy days of Easter. They disappear on Easter itself. Stigmatics reportedly speak to visions of Christ and angels during their trials, and smell strange scents. There are even reported cases of the blood types not matching between stigmata and wounds.

Link

Other links;

en.wikipedia.org...
articles.findarticles.com...
www.crystalinks.com...
Google search

[edit on 21-6-2004 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Might I ask, before reading all the links, what conspiracy you will be refering to. Iask this not to be rude but to better understand the post before investing the time. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The film stigmata refers to a tablet written by jesus christ himself saying

Split a piece of wood, and god is there, Lift up a rock, you will find god there.

Basically saying that you dont need to go to church to pray, the church kicked it out as blasphemy, the church also denies performing excorsims and anything else that relates to a demon world, priest were present when VIPs used ouija boards to close the gateway yet they deny this so i wonder what else is the church hiding??

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It is rumored that the Vatican is hiding the the try origin of Stigmata. The Vatican and the catholic church have accepted,very rarely, the fact that Stigmata is real, but do not comment on its origin. The idea of this thread? to investigate Stigmata and to find out if the Vatican does know of its origin.
Father reading;

The HarperCollins Encyclopedia of Catholicism, edited by Richard P. McBrien

[edit on 21-6-2004 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
"Split a piece of wood and I am there."

I is not secret gospel. The words come from " Gospel of Thomas".

Links:gospelofthomas.fol.nl...www.coreymondello.com...[/url]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Francis of Assisi and Padre Pio both had the stigmata at one time or another. It is a "Gift of the Spirit" (to use Paul of Tarsus' phrasing) that is given (IMHO and experience) by a large collective (or Group Entity) of Catholic angels. Similar "miracles" have occurred around swamis in India by large Group Entities of Hindu angels.

An awful lot goes on in the discarnate realms that most people are clueless about.

In and of itself I don't see how the Gift of Stigmata involves a conspiracy, as it is done to further the notion of the divinity of Jesus; unless of course you don't believe in that.

Oh, well...nevermind.

*LOL*

A large group of Catholic angels were afoot at my parent's home some years ago. My Italian father, who is one of those who often needs a two-by-four over the head to be convinced of the validity and importance of Spirit, prayed for a prayer book, which was unusual for him, as he came to find comfort from praying.

Then one morning, he found one on his dresser. It was small, leather bound, published in New York, copyrighted from 1936-1949, and contained prayers that he could relate to from when he was a boy. If you open it up, you see that it was previously owned by an Italian priest (who signed it) by the name of Robert Papino.

He thanked my mother for it and she assumed he was referring to the pamphlet of prayers from the local Catholic church. "No," he said, "The leather bound prayer book that you left on my dresser." She had no idea what he was talking about. He then showed it to her and she was slack jawed.

He then asked me if I gave him the "missile." Not immediately remembering that the word "missile" meant something other than a bomb propelled through the air, I thought he was kidding. *L*

He then explained what it was and how he acquired it.

I now keep that "missile" as a reminder of what can be accomplished if enough people on the other side combine their energies to manifest telekinesis.

The particular facet of telekinesis in this instance was teleportation (phasing).

This was confirmed to me by my own Spirit Guides, as I have been known to also have a Gift on occasion: the Gift of Discernment.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I am a Catholic, and I LOVE studying Catholic Mysticism, Prophecy, and Stigmata.

I've read part of Therese Neumann's biography. Her stigmata were quite harsh. She hasn't yet been canonized though.

I've also read about the stigmata of Maria Esperanza, who is still alive today. She's actually quite ill.

St. Padre Pio also bore the stigmata.

From what I can gather, stigmatists are rare, humble, holy souls, chosen by God as victim souls. Think of it this way: they imitate Christ so well that they start to bear His wounds in their bodies. By participating in the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist, they are able to share in the divinity of Christ. In this manner they become part of the Mystical Body of Christ.

The Mystical Body of Christ consists of three parts: The Church Triumphant (Saints in Heaven, the Triune God, and the Blessed Mother Mary) The Church Suffering (souls in Purgatory who are being purified by fire in preparation for entering Heaven) and the Church Militant (the Church of living humans in a State of Grace). All three groups share in the Divinity of Christ through something called Grace. Grace is living water. Grace gives us spiritual life. Grace makes our souls come alive. Grace is analogous to blood flowing through someone's body, providing nutrients to all of its parts. We believe that different members of the body of Christ can communicate with one another. Different members of the Body of Christ can also feel the pain of another part of the Body. This is what I mean by the term Mysticism and the Mystical Body of Christ.

Now, Christ still suffers in the Eucharist, which is the REAL ACTUAL body and blood of Our Lord, the REAL sacrfice that became the New Covenant. The sacrifice of bread and wine replaced the animal sacrifices of the Old Testament. This Sacrament (a sacrament, of which there are seven, is a holy act of word and matter that confers upon us Grace) was instituted at The Last Supper, and is the perpetual sacrfice that takes place at every Catholic Mass.

Those who bear the Stigmata have so much grace that they bear the sufferings that Christ still suffers in the Eucharist. It is a great, but terrible gift. Through the merits of Christ, through sharing in His Divinity, they become Victim Souls. Victim Souls suffer for in atonement of the sins of their fellow man, and through their suffering, and hence Christ's suffering (cause He feels all of our sufferings) they can save souls. As a member of the body of Christ, a Victim Soul can save souls by allowing Jesus Christ to suffer through him. When you see someone bearing the stigmata, you are truly witnessing a small manifestation of Christ's perpetual suffering.

Many, many, many people goto Hell. Stigmatists are atoning for the sins of their fellow man, so that God/Christ will be merciful upon us when the Day of Judgement comes.

And you dont have to bear the Stigmata to be a Victim Soul. There are lots of ways to suffer!

Hope this explains things a bit.

[edit on 24-6-2004 by TheLittleGrape]

new topics

top topics

join