It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another oil rig explodes in gulf of mexico 9-2-10

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Here's an interesting thought I just heard from a fb friend... Maybe this is some sort of distraction. MAYBE the news needs to turn our heads from something ELSE important that's going on... Like Ron Paul pushing to Audit the Gold Reserves? It's food for thought. TPTB LOVE a good diversion!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
the stock market up almost 250 points yesterday kinda wondering if goldman sachs was selling shorts to some entity? this one will be enteresting to say the least

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
reply to post by Takamuri

That was unnecessary to say. 2 oil rigs exploding in 6 months....there IS something going on that is questionable, and no doubt there is conspiratorial behavior by those that are involved.

I think there is a good chance this nothing more then hens comming home to roost. The department that was responsible for regulating and enforceing safety standards took a haitus over the past 5-8 years...partying with oil execs, getting free vacations and even confirmed reports of sexual relations and drugs.

Given those known facts I imagine there are more than a handful of rigs operating out there right now that have less than "safe" equipment in place and we might see a few of these incidents in the next couple of years.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind
darn you beat me to it by a couple of minutes. I fear this is going to give obama leaverge to place a longer ban on offshore drilling.

Offshore drilling SHOULD be banned.

There's no debate about it. If you care about our fragile planet, you'd support a cleaner energy process...not a plan to drill in our planet for it's blood.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hardly any solid information coming out about this explosion. We're going to have to wait to find out more specifics.

There have, however, been conflicting reports about a sheen on the ocean. Though from what I understand it's more of a natural gas producing platform. It has been active.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

If your post is to be taken as dry sarcasm - bravo! - if not..well, it comes across as a little short sighted and selfish; ure, I drive a car as much as the next man but I think you'll find it wasn't the tree huggers who spilt oil all over the gulf...anthropogenic global warming?!?!? - meh not convinced, but we should look after our planet and everything that inhabits it - except Dubya Bush...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
(CNN) -- A well connected to an oil and gas production platform caught on fire Thursday, engulfing the vessel in flames about 100 miles off the central coast of Louisiana and forcing 13 people overboard, Gov. Bobby Jindal said Thursday.

All 13 people have been accounted for, said Petty Officer Bill Colclough of the Coast Guard. Mariner Energy, which owns the Vermilion Oil Rig 380, said none of the crew members was hurt in the incident, despite earlier reports of a single injured worker.
Despite earlier reports, Marine said the fire was not sparked by an explosion. The fire started at one of the platform's seven active wells.
Colclough told CNN that the platform apparently is still on fire from the explosion, saying Coast Guard helicopters and cutters are en route to the scene.

The company confirmed that a fire started on board the platform, but said that an initial flyover of the site indicated "no hydrocarbon spill." However, Jindal said there were reports of a "sheen" stretching just over a mile long.
A man who said he saw the oil platform blast in the Gulf of Mexico reported suddenly seeing "a bunch of smoke" coming up from the platform. David Reed, a paramedic on board a nearby oil rig, said radios started "lighting up like a Christmas tree" after the blast.

So the active well catches fire? Are all wells below water or above or combination anyone know?

(Reuters) - The U.S. Coast Guard said a 1-nautical-mile-by-100-foot (1.85-km-by-30.5-meter) oil sheen had been reported at the site of a Mariner Energy (ME.N) platform in the Gulf of Mexico that was on fire Thursday after a morning explosion.

[edit on 9/2/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Let us hope, this company, get the same treatment that BP received or does Obama only criticize foreign companies? If the President comes out rather timid and weak in criticism with this incident (oil sheen has been reported) then he's going to be accused of double standards.

Two oil rig explosions, possibility of an economic depression, criticism leveled against his wife and his views on the Mosque in New York - you'd THINK someone, or a cabal of conspirators, had it in for him...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm the one who called for a colossal event on April 19- 22 2010...When the first oil rig exploded...
On Glp you can find my thread " The normality ends September 1 " where I described my weird feeling and a very weird experience...

On September 1 I woke up and a line of blood came out from my nose and went directly through my neck and crossing my necklace where I have a cross, and down to my belly...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I checked the news and the first thing I saw was "Oil rig in Gulf of Mexico explodes". I honestly thought I was reliving April again.

Conflicting reports on if it was producing or not?

During the last week of August 2010, production from this facility averaged approximately 9.2 million cubic feet of natural gas per day and 1,400 barrels of oil and condensate.
source

I really don't believe in manipulating numbers to draw parallels but someone's bound to do it anyway, so here's mine.

The platform that exploded was called the Vermilion Oil production platform 380, 3+8+0=11, the number of workers killed in the Deepwater Horizon Disaster. 11+2 (with 2 representing today, the second day of the month)=13, the number of survivors today.

The first word of British Petroleum and Mariner Energy both have 7 letters in it. The Vermilion explosion occurred in 340' of water, 3+4+0=7 and Macondo, where Deepwater was drilling, has 7 letters.

Deepwater and Vermilion both have 9 letters

The Deepwater Horizon was 9 years old and The Vermilion exploded during September which has 9 letters and is the 9th month of the year.

The Deepwater Horizon was 9 years old and built in 2001. 9+2+0+0+1=12, the number of people initially accounted for in the Vermilion explosion.

The Deepwater Horizon exploded on April 20, 2010. 4+2+0+2+0+1+0=9, the month of the Vermilion explosion.

The Deepwater Horizon sank on April 22, 2010. 4+2+2+2+0+1+0=11 which I can interpret as 1+1=2, the day of the Vermilion explosion.

The Deepwater Horizon was owned by Transocean, which has 10 letters and represents the year of the Vermilion explosion. It happened on September 2, 2010. 9-2=7, 7+2+0+1+0=10.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The MSM has not even mentioned it up here in Connecticut. Seems the only sources are online!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Now a mile-long sheen.... just lovely...

“GRAND ISLE, La. — A mile-long sheen is now visible where an offshore petroleum platform exploded and burned Thursday off Louisiana, the Coast Guard said.”

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Coincidence?

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

interconnected BATHOLITHS??? implausible?

someone (phage?) please check usgs for any unusual tremors,

or altered geomagnetic indices...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Remember when Biden said Obama was going to have to deal with something extreme/huge/catastrophic/disasterous or something like that, before he was elected.....

Was he hinting at all this oil mess business ?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyr Sog
Better start searching the gulf waters for an enemy sub or a band of saboteurs roaming about.

You beat me to the post. I smell foul play. The authorities need to investigate this incident with a fine tooth comb.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap
"DRILL BABY DRILL"-Republicans

its all the repubs fault right?

by the way.... how exactly do YOU travel?

do you ever use anything made of plastic or rubber?

probably not, so it must be all those damned republicans up to their old tricks!

"DRILL BABY DRILL!" - human inhabitants of planet earth

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

April? Has it been that long? It's amazing how time flies.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
curiously, where is informative video from the hot site, ain't they so shy?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
Remember when Biden said Obama was going to have to deal with something extreme/huge/catastrophic/disasterous or something like that, before he was elected.....

Was he hinting at all this oil mess business ?

To guess I think it was in relation to celestial activity, but thats just a guess.
2nd

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join