It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another oil rig explodes in gulf of mexico 9-2-10

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by canadiansenior70

at the risk of derailing my own thread seriously haarp / drones i am deeply confused please ellaborate?

thank you

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The HITs just keep coming.

Check this out:

A fuel tanker carrying nine million litres of diesel has run aground in the far north of Canada and is at risk of spilling its cargo into the Arctic

Source
www.skynews.com...

[edit on 2-9-2010 by JohnySeagull]

[edit on 2-9-2010 by JohnySeagull]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Bob Cavnar reports that this was an active platform and producing about 1700 barrels a day. Please guys/gals, try to post accurate info and look up your sources before posting. Thanks

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
The HITs just keep coming.

Check this out:

A fuel tanker carrying nine million litres of diesel has run aground in the far north of Canada and is at risk of spilling its cargo into the Arctic

Source
www.skynews.com...

If it happens in America it's bound to happen in Canada...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Looking for a link, but according to the AP on twitter, there was never a sheen, no leak.

"Initial report of an oil sheen in the water came from the oil platform owner's on-scene vessel, in production when blast occurred. AP reports that the Coast Guard now says there was no oil sheen; currently no kind of leaks or spill; all workers safe & rescued." USA Breaking News

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Maybe they dispersed it already? lmao

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

The source from CNN by the Op reported that there were reports the rig was inactive.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Takamuri
Here we go again...

The conspiracy nuts are going to love this one.

and on that note... My instinct says that this is about the geopolitical significance of Louisiana & the Mississippi River more than any other thing (even environmental terrorism- which is a very distinct possibility. Remember that Big Energy gains from cap & tax, etc). Somebody wants La cleared out.
Of all the rigs in the GOM, why only these? Is this the third incident this year? Fourth?

(just sayin)

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
this is getting out of hand....accidents happen all the time like this...its just now because of the previous one we are all tuned in to what is going on with oill drilling...we can't run our vehicles and everything else associated with crude oil if we don't have any....what happens when nobody is allowed to drill for oil anymore and we run out...then gas prices go to ten or fifteen dollars a gallon how are you environmentalist going to feel about it then...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

So exactly hows 14,951,295 liters of oil supposed to "Walk up and get a cheeseburger"? (for those who want to know how i got the numbers: 5280*100*1 (1 foot for least damage) which is 528,000 cubic feet. Then multiply by 28.3168466 (the official cubic feet in a liter.) and you get 14,951,295L)

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Takamuri

Don't mean to be rude or anything, but why would you participate in ATS if you have such a disparaging opinion of people who don't believe the government party line?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Its all very contradictive;

It was initially believed that a blast ripped through one of the wells on the Mariner Energy platform, west of the site where BP's Deepwater Horizon rig exploded in April.

But it has since been claimed that there was no explosion and the fire in fact broke out near staff living quarters on the upper deck.

and

"The issue is whether there is potential of any pollution, any leak. What we are hearing from Mariner Energy, the owner of the platform, is it's a producing platform not a rig.

"Therefore from what we understand at the moment it wouldn't be drilling for oil, although the company has many hundreds of platforms in that region that do drill for oil.

and

It could be that as a producing platform it might be storing some oil that has been brought up to the surface, but generally those platforms are used as staging points for other parts of the operation

this is the best bit:

The platform had not recently been in active production and was undergoing maintenance, the US Interior Department said.

BUT ????

However, Governor Jindal said there seven wells were believed to have been active at the time of the blast.

Guess the plan is just to confuse everybody.

source:

www.skynews.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
A mile long by 100 yd oil sheen is pretty descriptive! Wonder what happened to it?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
i heard it on the news on my way home, 24 workers ? or so,
this is the 3rd or 4th "accident" thats happend in the gulf in the past 6 months.
hurrican whatever better not be picking up all that oil and bringing it to canada..

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

I found a similar report and posted it earlier but it hasn't entered the discussion.

Originally posted by Three_moons

During the last week of August 2010, production from this facility averaged approximately 9.2 million cubic feet of natural gas per day and 1,400 barrels of oil and condensate.
source

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

I haven't finished reading the thread yet, but I wanted to jump in and say...
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALIEN MIND!!!
Glad you're here!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xionmir

Beats me. I do know that describing a mile long 100 foot wide sheen is pretty significant. The Coast Guard went with it at first too and "confirmed" the sheen. Now suddenly its gone? Where did this sheen go? I mean seriously this entire story makes no sense and they have done nothing but backtrack on this whole thing. Don't be shocked if we have another "accident" before the winter arrives.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

The point about corexit is that it harms more than it helps...and there are much safer alternatives to corexit which have been used effectively and safely in other parts of the world.

Another point about corexit is that Cheney has huge shares in the company and is making millions from it, which to a certain criminal group is much more important than any concern for the wonderful natural life in the Gulf and the vital health of the residents. In a certain criminal group these are of no consequence as long as the mllions keep rolling in.

Oil spills mean big money for certain criminal groups.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

A mile long by 100 yd oil sheen is pretty descriptive! Wonder what happened to it?

Well remember all that oil that wasn't collected from the Deepwater disaster "dissolved or evaporated." At least that's what the NOAA says. LMAO.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What if we are seeing a battle going on here that is between very powerful and influential new age thinkers, who are calling for free energy and the like, and their are targeting the oil industry to gain the influence of the people, who will eventually become fed up with oil companies and their influence of everybodys lives.

A diferent take on terrorism, but the same kind of terrorism in the eyes of TPTB.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join