It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Discovery Channel Killer's Demands

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
I'm not indoctrinated. I have formed my own views based on my observations of the world around me. I also believe things are beautiful as they are, but I do not believe they will stay this way. As much as things are randomly fantastic, they will always change, and it will probably be for the worse.

As for people checking out just as fast, let me get some figures...
www.os-connect.com...

According to this site at least, almost everywhere in the world the birth rate is 2 to 4 times greater than the death rate.

Well, death and birth rates are going to differ from country to country, and I do respect your perspective and opinion on the subject, however the site you listed gets its figures from the only 2 following sources:

U.S. Bureau of the Census, International Data Base

C.I.A. World Fact Book

For one they're outdated facts, second the US census is a laughing stock and a joke just in the US.

And as far as the CIA goes, I wouldnt trust them with a match, let alone statistics and data they supposedly collected.

Bottom line: you screw with the balance of nature, you usually get a worse result. Look at china. They're a mess. Because of their strict laws and population control its like 5 men to 1 woman. So not only are they all miserable, they're STILL overpopulated for their country.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
So let me get this straight. I argue: Population around the world is getting too large.
You argue: Nuh uh, it's just fine and people should continue populating.
I offer: A site that lists data from studies done by major organizations proving that population is increasing significantly.
You offer: Nuh uh, I don't like who did the data from that site.

You even go so far to say how China is being screwed by overpopulation. The argument seems to be more that population control is pointless, but I'm not arguing for pop. control, just that populations getting too large is a BIG problem for humanity.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
So let me get this straight. I argue: Population around the world is getting too large.
You argue: Nuh uh, it's just fine and people should continue populating.
I offer: A site that lists data from studies done by major organizations proving that population is increasing significantly.
You offer: Nuh uh, I don't like who did the data from that site.

You even go so far to say how China is being screwed by overpopulation. The argument seems to be more that population control is pointless, but I'm not arguing for pop. control, just that populations getting too large is a BIG problem for humanity.

Yes, i dont like their sources. It may be biased or even completely wrong due to their recent and past reputation.

No, I believe china's CITIES are overpopulated because everyone in the nation of China has all flocked to one area. I dont know if you've noticed but China is a big ass country. You take that big of a population of an area and shove it all into a few cities, yes you get over population. Maybe "overcrowding" is a better term if you want to get technical. But its all from human intervention and mismanagement, not from natural breeding. Which is what we are arguing here.

<< 1   >>

join