It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Famous Unsolved Mysteries (That Have Been Solved)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I found this interesting article today, thought it would be interesting to post here. It's about 6 'mysteries' that have apparantly been solved.

In it is: The dissapearance of Amelia Earhart
The Mystery of the Mary Celeste
The Fate of Atlantis
The Tungaska Explosion
Stonehenge, The Pyramids and Ancient People Moving Huge Stones
and Anastasia (The Romanov Princess)

I'm not saying that it's all correct but it's actually what most probably happened in each case.

Article here.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Tokala42]

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Tokala42]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thats a pretty good article. I just hope that some of the others around here don't start pounding on you simply because it was posted on Cracked.com.

If you go to the end of the article, there is also a link that takes you to 6 mysteries that still have science stumped

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Cool read, thanks!

Not sure if you could call them all 'solved', but they do give the most likely explanation to the mystery.

It was interesting because I had never heard of one of those mysteries, the one about the boat explosion, the Mary Celesete..
Not sure if I agree with their explanation of an alchohol explosion.
Maybe they took off on the lifeboat for some reason and couldn't get back on the ship?

[edit on 1-9-2010 by earth2]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Sure it's on cracked but it's not like they don't have sources for the information. It's good information it just has a comedic side to it too, nothing wrong with a bit of humor right?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
What was the explaination for Tunguska ?
I couldn't find it in the link !

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Are you meaning the Mary Celeste? There would be no reason for them to get on the liferaft unless the ship had actually sunk. Captains then- and now- won't just get on the rafts for the sake of it, they'll try everything to save the ship first.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
What was the explaination for Tunguska ?
I couldn't find it in the link !

Astroid impact. They spoke about the lenticular clouds the rock made as it sped through the atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

It's on the second page.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Thank you for this. I love the way they put things into words. I laughed...A LOT. It wasn't because of their conclusion on the subject it was how they said it.

I remember The Mary Celeste episode on Unsolved Mysteries from when I was a kid. I use to love that show. When I joined ATS I actually looked up a lot of topics from Unsolved Mysteries on ATS and found every single one discussed on here.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Once again, a lame try of debunking.

Atlantis

Unfortunately, the search for Atlantis has yielded exactly no results ever. Plato is pretty much all we have to work with, and he's too dead to return any of our calls. However, this hasn't stopped proponents of the theory of the lost city to draw fancy maps of it, which sure does feel like a step in the right direction for some reason.

Oh really no results? what about the underwater roads?

"No one will take this 'Atlantis' # seriously

quite nice at end eh?

And no offense but plato still talks about the ancient atlantis in his book and i have an old book of plato which states about Atlantis.

Astroid impact. They spoke about the lenticular clouds the rock made as it sped through the atmosphere.

And wheres the proof that it was a an Asteroid?

Funny how the guy promotes history channel

No sources, not believably.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tokala42

Thanks for the link.
I, for one, enjoying browsing Cracked.com.
It's a pleasure I refuse to feel guilty about.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The Mary Celeste explanation sounds a little like reaching to me, even more so when I read how the experiment to simulate the explosion was actually done.

Using butane gas, he simulated an explosion caused by alcohol leaking from the ship’s cargo.

Instead of wooden barrels, he used cubes of paper. Setting light to the gas caused a huge blast, which sent a ball of flame upwards.

So it's not exactly recreating the event in as much detail as the article seems to suggest.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Yeah I read this. I usually read cracked in the mornings after my paper, they are quite informative even though they are are a comedy site. The jester can say as he wishes and all that, It was an interesting and funny read. I've heard of most of these theories before. They do seem to be the most probable explanation. But I'm almost sure about the Earhart disappearance theory being true in this article.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I get the satire....I won't knock you because I loved Cracked magazine. Well MAD too...I have a stockpile of both up in the attic somewhere

top topics

join