It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several Dr.s finding heavy Metals in Patients Blood along Gulf Coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

BREAKING: THREE different doctors find PAHs, heavy metals, arsenic in BLOOD of Gulf Coast residents, some are “REALLY INLAND” (AUDIO)

BREAKING: THREE different doctors find PATHs, heavy metals, arsenic in BLOOD of Gulf Coast residents, some are “REALLY INLAND” (AUDIO)

Interview with Matt Smith, Project Gulf Impact, Intel Hub Radio, August 31, 2010: Rush Transcript Excerpts (at 31:45 in)

They are actually finding the toxins that are in the oil in the blood of the people who live down there.

Its horrifying because they’re cumulative and they’re heavy metals and toxins…

We used three different doctors, and the exact same thing that is being found in the water and the air and the soil is now in the blood.

This is the kind of stuff that causes cancer and death.

This is not just in the workers that we’ve had tested, but also in residents…

The worst part about that is we haven’t even gotten to the Corexit testing yet.

This is just the oil, the polyaromatic hydrocarbons, the heavy metals, the arsenic.

And they’re not just people who are right on the beach, some people are really inland.

Now, from what we have been discovering from several of the various threads here on ATS we can clearly assume that even if the latest Hurricane threat from the Gulf does not impact straight on with the Gulf shores, there will be dispersants and heavy metals, chemicals spewed into the atmosphere from it.

We need to now begin to take steps towards protecting ourselves from the fall out.

Some suggestions would be that even if you live hundreds of miles from the shores but are in the path of and influenced by the Gulf Stream, take precautions when going outdoors in the inevidable rains, dont store this water for later use or allow it to gather where pets and live stock will be able to drink it later.

I suggest that you read up on Cloudsintheskies thread and prepare to have soil samples analysed if you have crops in the fields. Even putting up contaminated hay can cause sickness and death later on.

You can find that informative thread here as well as find help finding and locating support in your area.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

According to Smith, the testing has been a collaboration of groups and people working on the oil disaster. Credit goes to: Project Gulf Impact
Sassafras
Gulf Coast Volunteers (Michelle Nix)
Coastal Heritage Society of Louisiana

As for the next steps in preparation and proactive readiness for this potential disaster, lets take a quick look at the possiblity to fend off or eliminate the toxic and deadly chemicals from our bodies.

Top Ten Natural Ways to Remove Heavy Metals
Thursday, August 20, 2009 by: Kirk Patrick, citizen journalist

(NaturalNews) Toxic heavy metals such as arsenic, cadmium, lead, mercury and uranium are pervasive in much of the environment. While it may not be possible to completely avoid exposure there are many safe, organic and affordable products that help detoxify and eliminate these toxins from the body. This article will provide ten such examples.

1) Bentonite (Clay) - Aluminium Phyllosilicate (Montmorillonite)
Bentonite clay is a form of volcanic ash that has the ability to physically remove from the body up to 25 times its weight in impurities through a process called adsorbtion. Bentonite has laxative properties and contains high levels of iron, magnesium and silicon. Available in two forms (sodium and calcium) bentonite clay is used in cement, ceramics, acne medication, facial clay, cat litter and to clarify wine. Higher grades of clay are safe for ingestion while lower grades are for external use only and thus are of questionable benefit.

2) Bladderwrack (Sea vegetable) - Fucus vesiculosus (Fucaceae)
Bladderwrack is a type of brown seaweed found in both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. The stem is used medicinally while the thallas (air filled pods) help the algae float. Containing the active components iodine, fucoidan, alginic acid and phenols in varying amounts based on the water where it grew, bladderwrack is used to relieve heartburn and to stimulate both the immune system and thyroid. Bladderwrack has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.

3) Blue Green Algae (Cyanobacteria) - Anabaena sphaerica (Cyanophata)
Blue green algae (along with green algae such as Chlorella) contain chlorophyll, an antioxidant and deep green pigment. Bacteria such as Fecal Coliform cannot coexist with chlorophyll, which helps keep fresh water clear. Algae not only contain nearly every required vitamin and mineral, but also have the effect of increasing oxygen while reducing nitrogen and carbon. Chlorella appears to bind to heavy metals to both detoxify and remove them. Studies in Japan following the nuclear disasters at Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945 showed that 8 grams of Chlorella daily caused a five-fold increase in the amounts of uranium, lead and cadmium that were eliminated.

4) Burdock (Root) - Arctium lappa (Compositae)
A potent blood purifier, burdock root removes heavy metals such as mercury along with other toxins. Containing up to 45% inulin along with arctiopicrin, arctiin, tannins and volatile oil, burdock is used to treat skin conditions such as acne. Burdock helps to purify the liver and is used as a natural cancer treatment. Burdock has antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-tumor properties.

5) Cilantro (Leaf and stem) - Coriandrum Sativum (Umbelliferae)
Cilantro contains the antioxidants camphor, carvone, elemol, geraniol and limonene. A natural deodorizer, cilantro relieves nausea, indigestion and bloating. Consuming cilantro (the seeds of which are the spice coriander) helps reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Cilantro kills Salmonella and removes heavy metals such as mercury from the body. Cilantro has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties and can be easily grown in the home garden.

6) Garlic (Clove) - Allium Sativum (Liliaceae)
Garlic contains the antioxidant allicin, which is formed from alliin and allinase when the cloves are crushed. Garlic helps lower blood pressure and cholesterol while cleansing the liver. Offering unique health benefits when consumed in raw versus cooked or aged, Garlic has antiviral, antibacterial, antimicrobial and antifungal properties.

7) Glutathione (GSH)
Glutathione is a type of amino acid chain called a tripeptide. Glutathione modulates the order of cell life, a process called homeostasis. Glutathione is essential for handling environmental toxins as it detoxifies carcinogens (in particular arsenic) and helps the body to remove heavy metals such as cadmium, iron and mercury. This helps the metabolism and immune system by removing dead weight. GSH has antioxidant properties.

8) Onion (Bulb) - Allium Cepa (Liliaceae)
Onion contains the antioxidant quercetin. Onion relieves allergy symptoms and congestion along with helping reduce cholesterol. Onion can treat and prevent cataracts, atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease and helps remove heavy metals from the body. Onion has antimicrobial properties.

9) Selenium (Mineral)
Selenium is an essential trace mineral that functions as an antioxidant and promotes a healthy immune system. Required in remarkably small amounts (the RDA is measured in the millionths of a gram), selenium is highly toxic in larger amounts. Selenium has strong anti-cancer effects and is known to help detoxify the body and remove heavy metals including mercury.

10) Zeolite (Mineral)
Zeolite is a natural combination of volcanic ash and sea water. With a honeycomb-like structure it forms (teeny) tiny cage-like structures that physically trap heavy metals without removing critical minerals. Animal studies show zeolite to actually improve overall nutrition. A patented process purifies zeolite (since it is a heavy metal magnet it is already 'full' when found naturally). Purified zeolite has been shown to help prevent and reverse the growth of cancer cells. While it seems promising, it appears that more independent studies on zeolite are needed as most of the research is published on "Tribute to Zeolite" style web sites that enshrine the product.

Feel free to add as many more as we can find, I know back during the time when I thought mandatory vaccinations may happen I saved tons of great info on how to get the crud out of my and my beloveds bodies, or at least the dangerous toxic chemicals such as the ones mentioned in the Op. I also found several sources for suppliments to take 'prior' to going in, and those may also help here as they were all natural, but I will have to do some digging.

Thanks for caring enough to post what you know, I am as vulnerable in this as the rest...

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com... -audio
www.naturalnews.com...

[edit on 1-9-2010 by antar]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I wonder what the long terma affects are going to be or as I have mentioned before the long term effects on pregnant women and the very young.

Autism does come to mind but it will take years to see the whole spectrum as parents begin to come forward, definately worth keeping an eye on...

The most important supplements that will assist in your body’s ability to excrete mercury and other heavy metals are ascorbates (vitamin C), lipoic acid, methylcobalamin (Methyl B-12), B-6, magnesium, selenium, melatonin, methionine, and glutathione.

Dr. Haley also believes that stimulating glutathione production inside the cells is THE most important factor when it comes to effective treatments for autism. Mineral supplements such as Zeolite are also very helpful since our bodies tend to store heavy metals when there is a deficiency in bio-available minerals.

Glutathione (GSH): After hearing many testimonials and reading several articles, it is clear that having a deficiency of glutathione is a precursor for one’s inability to effectively excrete mercury, aluminum, and pesticides from the body. GSH is an antioxidant, immune booster and detoxifier. Without it, your cells would disintegrate from unrestrained oxidation, your body would have little resistance to bacteria, viruses and cancer and your liver would literally shrivel up from eventual accumulation of toxins.

The research being done on glutathione is enormous with over 77,280 papers available at PubMed.com that mention GSH.
Healthy cells homeostatically oppose free radicals through the use of antioxidants, of which GSH plays a significant role. GSH is the most powerful antioxidant occurring naturally in the cells of our body. The effectiveness of other antioxidants like vitamins C and E depends on the availability of GSH. This is also why GSH is essential in overcoming and preventing cancer, auto-immune diseases and other immune system related disorders.

GSH plays a key role in detoxification, having the ability to bind to heavy metals and other toxins through its sulfur molecules, thereby providing the means for the body to eliminate these toxins. Studies have shown that children with autism have low levels of GSH which researchers attribute to abnormalities in their methionine pathway.
Another extremely important function of GSH is its ability to protect (or at least minimize) the deadly effects on our cells from all forms of radiation, from x-rays to microwaves.

Dietary sources of GSH: Glutathione is synthesized from three amino acids - cystein, glutamate and glycine. Since most healthy diets rich in raw fruits and vegetables have an abundance of glutamate and glycine, the focus should be on dietary sources of cystein. Cystein content is relatively high in proteins found in eggs, meat, red peppers, garlic, onions, brussel sprouts, oats, milk, whey protein, and wheat germ. Fruits and vegetables that are high in these precursors to GSH production are avocado, watermelon, asparagus, grapefruit, potato, acorn squash, strawberries, orange, tomato, cantaloupe, broccoli, okra, peach, zucchini, and spinach.

Dr. Baker claims that avocado, asparagus and walnuts are particularly good sources. Cystein is also metabolized by the body in the presence of methionine, these two amino acids being the two sulfur-containing amino acids. She also warns that, due to the stress our bodies are under dealing with the myriad of pollutants in today’s world, it is important to supplement. Dr. Baker claims that the only effective GSH supplementation that reaches the inside of our cells is a product called GSH complex which she sells for $64 - 10.5 oz. Others have gotten good results using N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC) which increases vital cellular glutathione levels. NAC powerfully neutralizes mercury as a poison if 500 to 750 mg. are taken daily. Other helpful treatments for better metabolism of GSH include Epsom salt baths and MSM supplementation.

Herbs for eliminating metals: There are several herbs that are useful in the elimination of heavy metals. Tenna Merchent wrote her odyssey of detoxing herself and her son from aluminum poisoning in her highly readable book, "He’s not Autistic But...How We Pulled Our Son From the Mouth of the Abyss." Merchant claims that one should use pure vegetable glycerine to eliminate mercury; bladderwrack, a seaweed, for aluminum; potassium for excess copper; and horsetail (shavegrass) for lead.

Others have found that cilantro and chlorella are helpful for mercury elimination with many advocates making a delicious pesto using cilantro that includes lots of raw garlic.

Again, bio-available minerals are important and many herbs are excellent sources of these important nutrients. Dr. John R. Christopher has a formula that has been specifically designed for eliminating these heavy metals from the body. His "Heavy Mineral Herbal" formula contains bugleweed, cilantro, yellowdock and lobelia.

Another herb that is gaining popularity is turmeric, which contains curcumin. Using this "spice" in therapeutic doses has shown promise in treating Alzheimer’s patients, who are known to be loaded with both mercury and aluminum.

This was a great article and has a ton of rich and informative support in this quest to eliminate and keep at bay the contaminants in not only our everyday lives but from the heavy hit we are taking from the BP spill.

Check it out here:

proliberty.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So i guess we need to be looking for a spike in autism, in the gulf, in the coming years? Great something else to worry about..

MOTF!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Is BP's Gulf Oil Radioactive?

New Orleans attorney Stuart Smith knows something about radiation from oil drilling:

Smith is well known for his role as lead counsel in an oilfield radiation case that resulted in a verdict of $1.056 billion against ExxonMobil for contaminating land it leased from the Grefer family in Harvey, Louisiana –– and attempting to cover it up.

But at least there's no radiation being released from BP's oil spill in the Gulf, right?

Well, as Smith wrote on August 4th:

This is directly from the EPA website discussing oil drilling activity:

“These processes may leave behind waste containing concentrations of naturally-occurring radioactive material (NORM) from the surrounding soils and rocks. Once exposed or concentrated by human activity, this naturally-occurring material becomes Technologically-Enhanced NORM or TENORM. Radioactive materials are not necessarily present in the soils at every well or drilling site. However in some areas of the country, such as the upper Midwest or Gulf Coast states, the soils are more like to contain radioactive material.”

“Radioactive wastes from oil and gas drilling take the form of produced water, drilling mud, sludge, slimes, or evaporation ponds and pits. It can also concentrate in the mineral scales that form in pipes (pipe scale), storage tanks, or other extraction equipment. Radionuclides in these wastes are primarily radium-226, radium-228, and radon gas. The radon is released to the atmosphere, while the produced water and mud containing radium are placed in ponds or pits for evaporation, re-use, or recovery.”

“The people most likely to be exposed to this source of radiation are workers at the site. They may inhale radon gas which is released during drilling and produced by the decay of radium, raising their risk of lung cancer. In addition, they are exposed to alpha and gamma radiation released during the decay of radium-226 and the low-energy gamma radiation and beta particles released by the decay of radium-228. (Gamma radiation can also penetrate the skin and raise the risk of cancer.) Workers following safety guidance will reduce their total on-site radiation exposure.”

To read more of this alarming report go here:
www.washingtonsblog.com...

All the more reason to begin taking proactive steps towards eliminating the dangerous toxins from our bodies!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Just bumping this back up for the night crew...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well done my friend.
S&F

...Your de-tox info is good for everyone in our world, no matter where they live. Unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Thanks sophiecrow, I now need to put my money where my mouth is because I went out in a down pour today and have some of the same symptoms I got the last time I went out in the rain from the direction of the GulfCoast and the Gulfstream winds.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar,

Are you participating in the www.testtherain.com... project yet?

That is a project started by two ATSers, and they are collecting rain samples from all across the nation for a double blind study. Their primary concern is exactly what you wrote in your post. They want to determine if the rain being carried inland from the Gulf is toxic. If you are not already taking samples, please begin doing so, and contact that website for sample kits to send in.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

When do you think these test results will be finalized and the public informed of those results?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Good Question. I don't know if they are going to compile all the results and release them at once, or if they are going to return individual results to the volunteers, or maybe (hopefully) they will do both?

Here is the main man for the project Cloudsinthesky

Send him a U2U and I'm sure he would be happy to answer any questions. You can also email him directly from that website linked in the earlier post.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Not to get off track here……..I just wanted to answer your question. We are in the very beginning stages of testing. Most of the US has been very dry. We have only received a couple samples back. But I think all of that will change this week. Results of the testing will be published as soon as we get the results.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thanks so much for that information I am a great admirer of Clouds and the research project being created, I dont think this is going to be some fly by night come and go operation either, this is a challenge and problem which will span over the course of many many years.

Furthermore it is going to take many brave and courageous individuals to go up against BP and their minions and Testtherain.com is getting the needed attention now that as a small spark will ignite a flame, that's all that is needed to find solutions and bring this awareness to the world.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Signs and Symptoms of Heavy Metal Poisoning and Chemical Toxicity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alcohol intolerance

Allergies (environmental and food sensitivities)

Anxious and irritable

Brain fog

Cannot lose weight

Chronic unexplained pain

Coated tongue

Cold hands and feet

Dark circles under the eyes

Depression

Digestive problems

Extreme fatigue
Frequent colds and flus

Headaches

High levels of toxic metals in your blood, urine or tissues

Insomnia

Intolerance to medications & vitamins

Loss of memory and forgetfulness

Low body temperature

Metallic taste in mouth

Muscle and joint pain

Muscle tics or twitches

Muscle tremors

Night sweats
Parasites

Prone to mood swings

Prone to rashes

Sensitive teeth

Sensitive to smells like tobacco smoke, perfumes, paint fumes and chemical odors

Skin problems

Small black spots on your gums

Sore or receding gums

Tingling in the extremities

Unsteady gait

Vitamin and mineral deficiencies

Many of the above toxicity symptoms are also signs that you could have developed any number of health conditions including autoimmune disease, liver and kidney disease, Crohn's disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, colitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, fibromyalgia, Leaky Gut Syndrome, and neuromusclular disorders.

Well there you have it, and the more we discover about this type of toxic poisoning, the greater the chance of healing ourselves.

www.evenbetternow.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Thanks for that guys. We don't hear anything of whats happening in the Gulf here in Australia so I have to source information in the USA. I have been keeping up with the latest since this incident took place and I must say ATS has done a fine job of keeping us all informed.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Antar! What a fantastic Opener!! Excellent work! Now I'm really happy you beat me to it!! Haven't gotten a chance to read much, but you've given alot of very pertinent info right up front. Well done!! Thank you!!!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Blood tests on Gulf residents show ethylbenzene and other hydrocarbons

This seems to be a new vid regarding your topic.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

top topics

join