It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is wrong with modern electronic devices

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Cell phones cannot directly connect to each other and won't for many years to come. Simply because phones cannot find a single phone, the signal is sent to the tower and since both phones have been "pinging" this tower the tower knows where to send the data.

Sorry if this is hard to understand.

Basically, without the cell phone tower then the receiving phone cannot be located which opens up possibility of failed messages and someone capturing the sent data. Cell towers are an old world GPS basically, The sending phone knows where the tower is located from "pinging" it and the tower knows where the receiving phone is and then can direct the data better instead of broadcasting it(like TV).

Not a conspiracy it just depends whether or not the company is corrupt or not.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Looks like we need to come up with personal cryptography systems with our friends.

Imagine how pissed the Dark suited man would be if he could no longer interpret each message being sent over the air.

I don't really think all that much monitoring is going on anyway. I've said many things that probably would be viewed as terrorist or unpatriotic through text and on cell phones. I guess none of them were all that important to TPTB.

I do think the answer is in an mobile app cipher program.

I don't buy into a money conspiracy either, they provide a service, we pay for that service, end of story.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by sticky]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sticky
Looks like we need to come up with personal cryptography systems with our friends.

Imagine how pissed the Dark suited man would be if he could no longer interpret each message being sent over the air.

I don't really think all that much monitoring is going on anyway. I've said many things that probably would be viewed as terrorist or unpatriotic through text and on cell phones. I guess none of them were all that important to TPTB.

I do think the answer is in an mobile app cipher program.

They could discover the cipher, the only way to truly go dark is to make your own device and network.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You guys know there isn't a Constitutionally granted right to telecom privacy, right? I don't see that anywhere in the American Constitution. Though, I also take a bit of a sardonic view of privacy, having grown up in the Soviet Union where it was more or less a given that any conversation held in public was being overheard by a officer.

Regardless, the point stands: if you are willing to communicate something over a corporate-owned medium, why would you expect anything you say to be private? That's just naive.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 420MD

This is a verbatim text I recieved from an unknown number.

"wd up do u want 2 go dan just tewxt me ma i know i ernd a cup of bucks lewts go i like hagin wit u"

Later I found out a drunk friend of mine was trying to text some girl late one night for a booty call, I hadn't yet saved his contact details.

LOL, we're already creating ciphers.

In reply to 420MD; If only you and I know the key is "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" I think we'd be pretty safe against most code breaking software.

Then again, there really isn't a need to code texts like the above, It's already in code, partially

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Imagine how upset the communications companies will be when people figure out they don't actually need their devices to communicate.

The simple answer is to communicate telepathically.

Imagine the revenue losses when people figure this out.

We have never actually needed the machines. You were just told you needed them.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 420MD
Cell phones cannot directly connect to each other and won't for many years to come. Simply because phones cannot find a single phone, the signal is sent to the tower and since both phones have been "pinging" this tower the tower knows where to send the data.

Sorry if this is hard to understand.

Basically, without the cell phone tower then the receiving phone cannot be located which opens up possibility of failed messages and someone capturing the sent data. Cell towers are an old world GPS basically, The sending phone knows where the tower is located from "pinging" it and the tower knows where the receiving phone is and then can direct the data better instead of broadcasting it(like TV).

Not a conspiracy it just depends whether or not the company is corrupt or not.

Not really true.

I had a nextel phone that was able to shut of the connection to the tower and communicate directly with another phone with the same feature... it was called direct talk I believe. It could work like a regular walkie talkie whereas anyone on the same channel could hear you, or only with the other phone you specify. Pretty sure it was encrypted also. The problem was it only worked over short distances.

The problem is distance. Unless you want a 2 lb cell phone with a huge battery you must rely on low power transmissions. The cell tower receives your low power transmission and relays it to the tower closest to the receiving phone, either through wires, microwave or satellite.

There is no conspiracy. The big bad corporations paid for all the infrastructure and now charge you to access it.

To some of the other posters:
You are free to develop your own system, run thousands of miles of cables, build/install thousands of cell towers and relay stations, negotiate cross network compatibility and access, etc .. etc ... and give it all away for free any time you want. I have the feeling you would want to get PAID for all your work and investment though. But that would make you evil wouldn't it?

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Primordial]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I have police patrolling around my premises as well.
It sure is Good to know they are on 'my' side.
Why wouldn't they be?
You seA, they 'kinda' know me, so does the Mayor and some 'other' folks.

If something makes sense, it Is.
If something does Not make sense.....
It wasn't designed to.

I'm sure you understand.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Its not a Consp- It is a issue yes,but not a Consp informed by your dictionary

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I think this new system uses mesh networking between mobile phones, it just happened to be on tele last night

Check this out, i am not sure if it has been posted yet...

www.abc.net.au...

Serval Batphone A group of researchers has managed to get phones working in the remote Australian wilderness using a new system that lets ordinary phones communicate without phone towers or satellites. It’s software that allows mobile phones to work without phone towers, or anything else for that matter.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by 2theC]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Bluetooth - Wi-Fi ????
Both work fast, fine & free for me ?!?!?!
Or like a previous poster Walkie - Talkies or C.B. - Citizen Band.
It's your money.... spend it how you like.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread, so apologies if I am repeating someone.

This is the reason:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I am sure you can send texts between phones using bluetooth if they were set up to do so, but how would that make money for the wireless carrier?

It wouldn't.

There you have it.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

How do you propose bluetoothing someone in another room, let alone another town?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
"...they could just be connecting with each other directly. We have the technology to do this, so why isn't it happening?"

yeah...its called talking to each other.using you mouth and ears

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
When it comes to technogly we have no secrets, everything is open for certain people to read.

Why you may ask? because some people in the world are so f***ed up they feel the need to come in someone elses country and attempt to cause panic or chaos.

Yes i am talking about terrorists and agents of other counteries, lets face it every country has undercover agents everywhere, its a fact we are born dumb and raised paranoid.

So what sanity there is left (govermental control) realize that someone could come into thier land and convice thier people to uprise giving a perfect chance to attack, so for security reasons they monitor everything that is said or typed to anyone anywhere.

If you are complaining about your rights being violated, you have no rights, if you are offended by this then you might be doing something against the law which requires action.

We have no rights other then try to enjoy life, with the time that is given to you

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I was wondering why my buddy doesn't get my text messages all the time. hmmm....

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

You want to know what I think? I think all this technology is a complete bloody nuisence and I can't think for the life of me why I got sucked in to it like everyone else. I still recall the days we had no technology and my milk was delivered to my door in glass bottles; they were the best years of my life!!!

TRUE! Though one of the reasons I'm not a fan of many technological advances is because I'm not tech savvy and I find a lot of it confusing, the biggest reason is because I can't stand what it's done to HUMANS. The most irritating part, however, is that a lot of this technology they put out is absolute mindless, unnecessary crap, that people are suckered into thinking they can't live without. MP3 players? iPODS? Video games? We don't need this junk. The only reason I even installed a P.C. in my home was because I was job hunting and it was a more effective way of finding job openings. Otherwise, I probably would still be without it.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JamesTheScribe

"Is It Not Written In Your Law, I Said, Ye Are Gods?" --Jesus

Jesus wrote in the sand, primarily with sYmbols.
He didn't have faith in the 'word' of man, a 'human' construct.
So.....Where on 'Earth' did you hear that phrase and how would you know it was true?

Even those who wrote Of his lectures in the 'books' knew him Not since those papyrus 'books' were written a couple of hundred years post mortem (flesh that is).

Assuming your statement were true, how could one accurately transcribe the language of Aramaic?
Could it be achieved?
Assuming it 'could' how would one trust 'another's' interpretation?

Just sayin.....

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Sounds to me like Alice and Bob should just get rid of their cellular phones, and instead use FRS based text messaging radios. Problem is, if there's actual distance between Alice and Bob, it's not going to work.

It's simply not feasible to conditionally make use of different platforms based on the distance between the sender and recipient. Twice the resources would be used up just determining how far apart Alice and Bob are, in order to determine whether the message needs to go through the network, or straight from phone to phone.

Oh, and if Bob is a dissident, he's probably not messing with cell phones anyway.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by bluemirage5

The most irritating part, however, is that a lot of this technology they put out is absolute mindless, unnecessary crap, that people are suckered into thinking they can't live without. MP3 players? iPODS? Video games? We don't need this junk.

I'm tech savvy, but only on knowledge part, on practical part, same as you "We don't need this junk."

Its very irritating when youre talking with someone, then suddenly got interrupted because a text message comes in and he "got to reply" it. Wake up, I'm in front of you, dont stop me when I'm not finish talking!

I have know the howtos and even program softwares for handphones/mobiles, but I only own a basic handphone,
and its on lease from my wife, used it for 2 week before returned,
and that only because she was preg and near delivery.

We don't need this junk.
But, I do value greatly my desktops and the internet.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join