It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aurora: Caught on Video? Port Charlotte man films two UFOs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The Second one is definetely a conventional aircraft easily identifiably if the image was clearer, but unfortunately it's not, but the first aircraft...

Well I believe it is an aircraft utilizing in a some for of PDE or Hyperscramjet, the burnout effect is very similiar to that of the X-43a Falcon.

Which makes me think it might be the fabled Aurora as this aircraft supposedly is a hypersonic Recon aircraft.(Kinda contradicts everything I originally believed)

Shattered OUT...

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I see these kinds of things all the time in the western sky near sunset. I could film three a day. I don't think they're anything special. Probably just a high-alititude jet, catching the sunlight. But, hey, that's just me. Maybe it's something really super-duper wonderful.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have had the Aurora video converted from an .RM format to a .WMV format, courtesy of my uncle, Lloyd Moore (Elijah PST), making it easier to download as Realplayer is not very popular and many people cannot view it. The file has not lost any resolution or larger file size, and will be available on my webpage later today. When I get it sent to me today I will have a link to it from my MFH (MyFileHut) account.

Ranchy

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
This is the video link for those of you interested in this...

www.firstscience.com...

Its an unreal video this must have been discussed in another thread somewhere here on ats its really interesting i want to know what it is, there is no doubt this is real but what is it?

they are both comercial jets. the first leaving a short lived contrail and the second leaving a longer or persistent one.

clearly the first one forms and disappears quite fast. look at the time of the reacording and the color is because of the time of day. near sunset with the refraction of the sun giving the contrail the red/orange glow like that of flame or a rocket. had there been more clouds in the sky it probably would have been a very colorfull sunset that day. mystery solved

from Contrail Science

Are there different types of contrails?

Contrails are all made of the same materials and are formed in the same way, but exist for different lengths of time. Because of the differences in contrail "life-spans", contrails can be divided into three groups: short-lived, persistent (non-spreading), and persistent spreading. See the Contrail Formation Guide for more information on how contrails form.

Short-lived contrails look like short white lines following along behind the plane, disappearing almost as fast as the airplane goes across the sky, perhaps lasting only a few minutes or less. The air that the airplane is passing through is somewhat moist, and there is only a small amount of water vapor available to form a contrail. The ice particles that do form quickly return again to a vapor state.

Persistent (non-spreading) contrails look like long white lines that remain visible after the airplane has disappeared. This shows that the air where the airplane is flying is full of moisture, and there is a large amount of water vapor available to form a contrail. Persistent contrails can be further divided into two classes: those that spread and those that don't. Persistent contrails look like long, narrow white pencil-lines across the sky.

Persistent spreading contrails look like long, broad, fuzzy white lines. This is the type most likely to affect climate because they cover a larger area and last longer than short-lived or persistent contrails.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imperium Americana

Originally posted by robertfenix
those are two seperate events, the first is some sort of massive space junk falling back down, maybe one of the satellites we lost.

The second video is quite interesting, it is indeed the prototype of the "fast mover" this same aircraft flew over Southern California in November of 2002 and was reported by Norad as a possible UFO. It left this amazingly long contrail in the sky. You could see that this thing was pretty high up and moved super fast from visable horizon to horizon in about 3minutes or less. Thats as far as you can see with your eye in one direction all the way across and in the other direction in 2-3 minutes.

My observing location was just outside of John Wayne Airport flight pattern, it is quite normal to see high flying aircraft in this area, going out over the ocean or crossing over towards mexico, depending on conditions you can see contrails but they typically expire within a few arc minutes, maybe 1 or 2 feet from a ground prespective in the sky. The "fast mover" left a contrail in the sky that from the ground would measure 200 or more feet. And covered such a huge distance in the sky compared to other commercial craft that the estimated speed had to be in excess of at least Mach 5 maybe more.

This thing was fast. The video shows apparently the "fast mover" taking off somewhere and accelerating up in altitude. Simply amazing. You can see that the aircraft is painted in the light ash or white color, typical of NASA advanced research prototypes.

This was in 1998, 4 years prior to the fly over in California.

Not arguing with you, over weather or not it was two events, but the time & date stamp on the video shows these occurred together. The video starts at: 5:34:38pm on Nov 16, 1998. There we see the falling UFO (I say UFO only because I can not identify it). At 5:36:04pm on Nov 16, 1998 we see the second object. I do not know if the second object is a conventional "white" aircraft, but I do have two questions:

1. If the second object was a conventional aircraft, was there any reports of the falling (1st) object? They must have seen it.

&

2. Could the two events be related? Are we seeing something that has been shot down?

I don't think he meant it as 2 seperate events, 2 different objects.
1. I would think if it was space debris or a meteor that aircraft would have been warned away.
2. Thier was a theory floating around that it was something shot down.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
First object looked like a ufo disk crashing to earth. Second object was likely some secret spook plane doing a fly by to check out what was going on.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
They are most definitely UFOs because we may never know what he filmed. Why is it that every guy that films a ufo has no clue of how to operate a friggin camera? This is the ufo out of focus, this is the ufo while I shake the camera, this is the ufo in glare, this is my leg.... What's so difficult?

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I can't tell what either object is due to the poor quality of the video, I can to some extent confirm the Aurora does indeed exist. In 92 I was a member of the AF stationed at Osan AB in Korea, My fiance at the time was an Intel Troop (photo interpreter) at the same base. One of her additional duties was to give a briefing on the Aurora at Osan and sometimes at Hickam AFB. Later she PCS'ed to Beal AFB to work with the Aurora which was suppose to start flying out of Beal late 93/ early 94. We parted company mid 93 and at the time everyone and their brother was talking about them getting the Aurora,which is probably a contributing factor in it never being stationed their.

Gman

PS

On a side note, I can't count the number of time I've been sitting at the end of runway doing checks of the Aircraft as they taxied by (I was an ECM troop so I was shooting the planes for a RWR check) and I can tell you EVERY plane in the world, if its flying dead at you or streight away from you looks like a UFO if its getting dark, especially the ones with allot of wing like U2/TR1's.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I am going to have to disagree with most here and say the first object is the airliner. You can see it looks like it has 3 contrails (DC-10 or MD-11) and is going kinda slow I admit it is big though lol. The second object could also be a commercial airliner but it seems to be going to fast.

[edit on 20-4-2006 by reignman40]

[edit on 20-4-2006 by reignman40]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ericb007

Pretty neat, I saw Aroara myself. I saw it two times altogether, about one week apart and both times were at night. I will never forget the experience. The first time I saw it was in Oct of 96, I forgot the exact day but it was about 11:00pm. I was standing on my back porch when I noticed a big,bright,redish-orange,sphearical shaped solid object. When I say solid, I mean it didn't have any kind of other blinking lights like normal aircraft would have. It flew from my left to my right,which means from east to west. I would estimate the altitude to be about 1000 ft. and it was about 1 mile from me,so I got an eyeful. It moved slow and steady towards the west.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Whew!!...I am glad I read thru this thread to determine this vid was not worth me getting REAL PLAYER installed...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
In response to the comment far below: From me, Jim DeVoy

Hello, thanks for the kind words; but we do not have basements in Florida?

Read the story, look at the video, what you see is what you get. If the second object was a commercial air craft, then just by coincidence it came into sight at the exact same time I looked up to video tape the Fire ball. That second object/aircraft came from the exact location as the fireball, at the exact same time.

My first impression was, I thought it was a piece of the fireball breaking away from the Large fireball. I had no editing software and this video was downloaded by The Charlotte Sun news papers office in Port Charlotte, FL, from the original tape, which has video of my son on it, that I taped earlier that morning. This all took place by chance. I was in the right place at the right time and had access to a video camera, I wish I had caught the entry of the object. I had to run in the house and get the camera very quickly, my heart was racing like never before, what I was witnessing would give anyone shaky hands tough guy!

There were other witnesses who saw this take place. All I know and I found most interesting was, what got my attention of this event. At a glance, I saw the sky go from a calm blue, to a gradual swirling in the clear sky, which then turned into a huge chaotic violent atmospheric event, like a very unorganized tornado, with reds, yellows and darker blue colors, in the middle of a clear blue sky. It was obvious something was bursting through the atmosphere.

It was validated by a Government space tracking station, that something did enter the atmosphere at that time and general location on that date. I want to be honest, when you see something like that in the sky, it makes you very uneasy, I was shaking like a leaf recoding these objects, my adrenalin was flying and I am not a cinematographer or expert on how to vide tape a giant fore ball in the sky heading for earth. How would you have done tough guy?

reply posted on 5-2-2006 @ 04:10 PM by ericb007

Don't know what the first thing is but the second is a commerical airliner

It may seem weird to have a contrail last that long but In the right conditons they can be very long. In canada where its cold Its not unsual to see a contrail that is probably 3 or 4 miles behind the plane.

So the second one is just that the guy filming it has been locked in a basement his whole life and never seen a plane before.

It was pretty fishy with the 2 black lines on either side of the white contrial too. As this is a common effect from crappy untrained video editing.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Here is the video of the objects in still form, enhanced. Very interesting.

www.iwonderproductions.com...

Jim DeVoy

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I can tell you that the first object was no jet or contrail. It looked more like a shipping container. It was primer red in color as I remember. Thought for sure it would be all over the news when it hit the ground somewhere around Arcadia. Do we record radar images anywhere? Somebody should have been able to track that thing. It was low and slow, maybe 150 mph tops, 3000 feet up. The flames were not fully swept by the velocity.

I did not even see the second one. That looks like a contrail. And... Happy 5th anniversary to anyone who made it through Hurricane Charley.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

you guys got to find out where this video is and the link? Hello westpoint 23 how are you doing buddy ive been doing alot of research on the Aurora Spy plane but my research is far from over ill shoot you a message when i get more info Jerry Garramone

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jerry777

Hey Jerry,

This is quite an old thread, I don't know if westpoints still around, his last post was in 2010. Feel free to post some of your research here though if you like?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join