It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Earl & the imminent danger posed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
i saw this on the news a few minutes ago and i started wondering if an evacuation might take place????? i was thinking maybe along the lines that the dispersant in the gulf might go up stream and end up in hurricane earl.

im hoping there isnt a mass poisoning of people who arent aware of the corexit being transfered to our shores through different means... especially through means of wind & air. i would advise people to stay indoors and to close their vents, windows, and doors throughout the day. keep your AC vents closed in your vehicles at all times are pretty much the only things i can come up with.

since the thread of the sickened family that found the dispersant in their SWIMMING POOL, i dont see how there is anything good that can come out of this. i think theres much potential danger here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

here is a wind speed probability table

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

The table shows the probability that the maximum sustained (1-minute) surface (10 meter elevation) wind speed of the tropical cyclone will be within various intensity ranges (dissipated, tropical depression, tropical storm and hurricane) and for the five categories on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale during the next 120 hours. These probabilities apply to the maximum sustained surface wind associated with the cyclone, and not to winds that could occur at specific locations. The probabilities are based on forecast errors during recent years in the official track and intensity forecasts issued by the NHC. The probabilities are computed from the same method that creates the individual location specific wind speed probabilities.

its already caused havoc in the carribean, but in my opinion it can cause more here in the states when people all of a sudden become ill and the MSM wont cover more than half the stories.

www.google.com...

SO what do you guys think? if you have some insight please weigh in..

-COBRA

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
It will take at least 120 hours to reach new york - so no real threat there -
Could cause havoc the whole way up the coast if it stays strong and inland - could be a real bad one.

The one behind on the positive will be reduced in strength if this is bad...so they say

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

SO what do you guys think? if you have some insight please weigh in..

I dont think there will be evacuations relating to crude or corexit or this 'spill'.

especially since the trajectory isnt even supposed to go through the gulf.

thats what i think. I think some other things, too, but they'd probably just rile up your pests.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
the trak they have it on right now doesnt get close to the coast even .( could maybe hit main but by that time would be a depression again.
sorry to disappoint all the doom and glommers but looks like even the beach will maybe get a few showers and high surf .
I wonder if people could go a year without a doom and glom

new topics

top topics

join