It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel bombing their own people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
"San Francisco) – Israel, a nuclear weapons armed colossus in the Middle East, fights a lot of wars with two small, almost defenseless neighboring countries – Lebanon and Gaza. The 2006 War with Lebanon took a turn for the worse, though.

Israel executed an emergency purchase for 100 plus US GBU-28 5,000 lb, or 2,722 kg, weaponized uranium aerosol bombs from their patron, the United States"
www.veteranstoday.com...

The bombing took place on the Israeli/Lebanon border so BOTH sides were affected. In effect Israel bombed their own people as it is unlikely the gas stayed on the Lebanonese side of the border.

This gas is a poisonous uranium aerosol which contaminates just about everything it comes in contact with. The area bombed is a rural area used for growing fruits and vegetables. These contaminated vegetables were in all likelyhood sold to europe as they are Israels largest trading partner.

Apparently the gas reduces the sperm count in men resulting in fewer births..

The link provides more information. I could not find any other sources so take the story with a grain of salt as it is perhaps meant only to demonize Israel. But, if true and it seems it may be, it is a serious violation of law, a serious war crime, punishable by death.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by gem_man]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Show us a valid site that shows the US GBU-28 contains any poisonous uranium aerosol.
Bob Nichols has made bogus claims for years about DU weapons and is writing a book based on 20 years of nuclear war in Central Asia.

Depleted uranium would be useless in this bomb because its not made to burn through metal but to bury itself in dirt.

Because of its pyrophoric property DU is a good metal pentrator.
the pyrophoric properties do nothing to help weapons penetrate earth

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Did you miss the sentence where I mentioned I could not find any other sources so take the story with a grain of salt and perhaps written only to demonize Israel?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

perhaps written only to demonize Israel

What isn't? It is starting to become a formidable trend. I am tired of reading articles that don't base their arguments on fact.

It was specifically developed for use in Operation Desert Storm to penetrate hardened Iraqi command centres located deep underground. However, only two of these weapons were dropped in Desert Storm, both by F-111Fs. en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join