It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaco Canyon..A place of amazement..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by X9ballX

no reservations, but the only campground in the park is first come first serve. it's not very big, yet i always go during the week.
there is blm land not to far away that one can camp on, but depending on what your driving you may not want to run back and forth.
i've had motor homes and all kind of different vehicles in there, the worst part of the road in is washboard, i usually come in from the north if not driving a truck.
i forget the name of the town right as you hit the highway, but it's easy to figure out.
last time i took the road from i-40, threw theroux, sp?, it was pretty rough in parts, and not nearly the straight shot, coming from the other side is.
the park road is paved, and basically about a 4 mile loop. ruins all the way. there's a few side roads that go to other pueblo some are a walk in, and there's also more outside of the main park.
i like to just take the day on a bicycle, and ride the loop, stopping at all the ruins and viewpoints.
one time a while back, i drove out there, pull into the parking lot, walk up to the visitor center, and the doors locked. a sign read,' national emergency, we will be closed until firther notice.
it was the day of 9/11.

edit to clean up my mess. it's still a mess, but oh well.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by rubbertramp]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
reply to post by X9ballX

no reservations, but the only campground in the park is first come first serve. it's not very big, yet i always go during the week.
there is blm land not to far away that one can camp on, but depending on what your driving you may not want to run back and forth.
i've had motor homes and all kind of different vehicles in there, the worst part of the road in is washboard, i usually come in from the north if not driving a truck.
i forget the name of the town right as you hit the highway, but it's easy to figure out.
last time i took the road from i-40, threw theroux, sp?, it was pretty rough in parts, and not nearly the straight shot, coming from the other side is.
the park road is paved, and basically about a 4 mile loop. ruins all the way. there's a few side roads that go to other pueblo some are a walk in, and there's also more outside of the main park.
i like to just take the day on a bicycle, and ride the loop, stopping at all the ruins and viewpoints.
one time a while back, i drove out there, pull into the parking lot, walk up to the visitor center, and the doors locked. a sign read,' national emergency, we will be closed until firther notice.
it was the day of 9/11.

edit to clean up my mess. it's still a mess, but oh well.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by rubbertramp] alright. i'm planning to do adventure touring. as in on motorcycles n stuff.i'm going to move out that way so i figured i might as well visit sometime.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I never heard of this place before thanks for sharing and all the videos were great.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This is very cool and great information, pictures and videos. Loved it.
I can't believe I've never been there, it's not really that far away.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Whimsical

Well..you should go and take some really cool pics for us...

That would be awesome....

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

well..get going and put up some cools pics for us...

i would love to see some good Aeriel pics..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join