It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaskan Kills Half of Town's Police Force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Alaskan Kills Half of Town's Police Force

www.newser.com

A SWAT team and dozens of other law enforcement officers were locked in a standoff this morning with a man suspected of murdering two police officers in the town of Hoonah, Alaska.

They’re urging the area’s 800 residents to stay in their homes; several businesses have closed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-8-2010 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Sympathies to the families of all concerned.

Love them or hate them it's still a sad thing when police are killed in such a way. At least that's my opinion.

It may sound strange but if this had to happen at least it's 'good' to hear these police were killed in the line of duty - not breaking the law themselves by abusing citizens, something we hear far too much of these days.

peace

www.newser.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit = link

[edit on 30-8-2010 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Suspect in Hoonah police officer shootings surrenders

ANCHROAGE, Alaska —
The suspect in the shooting of two police officers in Hoonah Saturday night has surrendered Monday morning after a weekend standoff, according to village officials.

Troopers say 45-year-old John Marvin Jr. shot and killed 39-year-old Officer Matthew Tokuoka and 32-year-old Sgt. Anthony Wallace.

Officials say Marvin attacked the officers, then barricaded himself in his home.

Little information has been released about the suspect.

“The only information we have is that he's had problems with law enforcement in that community in the past, and there were some issues of stability,”

source

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That is quite the sensationalist headline (i realise of course that it was not of your choosing - silo13).

If the town only had two police officers and he killed one would the headline remain the same.

As to the story itself , has there been any hints as to this man`s motives .

Are we talking small town - bad blood here ..... ?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I just found this ....

There still isn’t any motive known for the shootings, but John Marvin has had a run in with police before, when he tried to take officer Wallace’s gun. An investigation is under way.

link

"..... when he tried to take officer Wallace’s gun "

Odd stuff .

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Yeah I agree, they make it sound like the guy went on a killing spree killing tens of police officer or something. Saying at least they died in the line of duty instead of jackbooting some innocent is kind of crass. I think you could leave that part out.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
if you enjoy being shot at, i would suggest a career in law enforcement. it's hard to feel sorry for someone who knew the risks of the job when they took it. you don't see anyone crying when a lifeguard drowns or when a trucker crashes and dies a fiery death. just my 2 cents...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
if you enjoy being shot at, i would suggest a career in law enforcement. it's hard to feel sorry for someone who knew the risks of the job when they took it. you don't see anyone crying when a lifeguard drowns or when a trucker crashes and dies a fiery death. just my 2 cents...

and the irony here is that those guys are innocent.

This is likely the closest thing to justice those cops would have ever seen.

top topics

join