It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

less well known horrible inhumane coverups

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hello ATSers.
I was wondering if anyone has any lesser known conspiracy coverups they might like to share.
My own nomination is the FACT that after WW2 the USSR held on to 50000 plus Allied POWs that they had released from Nazi camps.
Instead of handing them over to the US and UK, they held on to them and sent them to work camps.
Apparently Stalin was scared that the Allies would use the manpower to over-run Russia after Germany's Defeat.

These brave Allied soldiers, sailors and airmen were left to die in Soviet gulags, and even though the Allied Governments knew about them, they were left to rot.

A terrible inhumane action which our Government should have done more about.

I believe this also happened to US troops in the later war in Vietnam?

Awful, truly awful - If a man fights for his country, surely its the Country's moral duty to bring him home?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

I think the people of the country agree with you. That those who sacrifice themselves for this nation should be held in honor and every effort to rescue them should be taken.

Leaders, ours and other leaders as well, do not care about "the people." Not the people who are soldiers, nor the people at home, nor the people in other nations affected by their actions. We are chess pieces in their game of chess. If there is a victory, it is theirs, not ours. If there are sacrifices to be made, we make those sacrifices, not them. If there are spoils to be had, they go to the leaders, not those who foot the bill.

Shame on them, but shame on us as well. Its a horrible deal, and we have been agreeing to it for thousands of years.

Edit to add,

There are so many inhumane lesser known acts by the US government its hard to know where to start. Our "democracy spreading" in South America? Using civilians as guinea pigs for fallout? for testing Agent Orange? Our propaganda machine tries really really hard not to put information the public would find appalling in front of us unless they want to provoke a specific action from us. Sure, these things arent completely "secret" they are just ignored for the most part by the media. Out of sight, out of mind.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
My mom worked with a woman who's husband was with the US Army and last seen being rolled up by a Soviet patrol in Germany at the end of WW2.

That being said, I know it was done, but I thought that the number of troops (50,000+) was exaggerated or proven wrong??

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
When considering twenty million or so dead under Stalins rule, 50,000 doesnt seem a lot......
As regards the nasty but unknown stuff i think the tuskegee experiment is one of the worst examples of racism/horror i can imagine...
In this medical experiment black men were infected with syphillis and allowed to die of it over time....All the while being monitored by white american doctors.......
Initially placing military soldiers in proximity to nuclear blasts was also a
calculated move by the ptb.
These are comparitively known incidents though i am sure there are many others completely hidden .....

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This Wiki article has a few for you to look into. Human Experimentation in the US

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

Great link you posted.

I have tried to make known various "less well known" of these inhumane programs from time to time, mentioning these same things, and I guess they're so little-known, that people must assume they really are not real. Typically, the silent treatment. "Let's not really think about these disturbing things too much, maybe they'll go away."

How about the deliberate poisoning of alcohol during Prohibition, resulting in thousands of deaths?

So many deaths, that during one Christmas season in the late Twenties, so many died at once, that the Coroner of New York City decided to investigate.

It was from this investigation, that came our modern day Forensic Science, so popular on TV today.

You've got to wonder...what are they up to, RIGHT NOW??

JR

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Heres another shocker... Unit 731, perhaps not as widely known as Dr Mengele, but again truly truly awful beyond words.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
North Korea is said to have the largest active chemical and biological weapons development program in the world - This is due to them having no problem at all testing on human subjects, and criminal political or otherwise could be used and in that situation would you raise your voice in concern?

'I witnessed a whole family being tested on suffocating gas and dying in the gas chamber,' he said. 'The parents, son and and a daughter. The parents were vomiting and dying, but till the very last moment they tried to save kids by doing mouth-to-mouth breathing.'

Hyuk has drawn detailed diagrams of the gas chamber he saw. He said: 'The glass chamber is sealed airtight. It is 3.5 metres wide, 3m long and 2.2m high_ [There] is the injection tube going through the unit. Normally, a family sticks together and individual prisoners stand separately around the corners. Scientists observe the entire process from above, through the glass.'

His testimony is backed up by Soon Ok-lee, who was imprisoned for seven years. 'An officer ordered me to select 50 healthy female prisoners,' she said. 'One of the guards handed me a basket full of soaked cabbage, told me not to eat it but to give it to the 50 women. I gave them out and heard a scream from those who had eaten them. They were all screaming and vomiting blood. All who ate the cabbage leaves started violently vomiting blood and screaming with pain. It was hell. In less than 20 minutes they were quite dead.'

link

That's camp 22, one of at least 12 suspected camps, camp 22 is thought to hold 50,000.

[edit on 30/8/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Perhaps what the Japanese did to the Chinese in WW2 is worth mentioning. Some say it’s dwarfed the holocaust in Nazi Germany. The Japanese killed millions, many of them for medical and biological experiments. Ranging from live, fully conscious subjects being surgically opened up and infected with Tuberculosis just to simply watch the disease destroy them. The Japanese also experimented with the bubonic plague on Chinese villages and cities. They'd infect rice and water sources and watch entire populations die.

There are even experiments by the Japanese in which they postulated to transport fleas within hot air balloons over the Pacific into the US to infect Americans in a primitive yet effective biological warfare. One empty test balloon is said to have made it to the eastern coast states of the US.

The irony of it all is the US bargained for much of the medical data and research from high ranking Japanese officials in return for war crime amnesty.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by AzoriaCorp]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the information.

Sometimes its difficult to find out things, as a lot of Conspiracy/ Coverup or 'Shrouded information' on the web is your general 9/11 ; UFO stuff.

The things you have mentioned have given me subjects to study.

Many thanks

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Was hoping to see a few more posts in this thread. guess I should try and keep it alive.

One of the things I've noticed when bringing up this issue is that many people are too prone to assuming this is all rather "historical".

For example, if I mention something that happened in the 1930's, it seems that the typical knee-jerk reaction is, "Yeah, that was a long time ago...things like that don't happen today, thankfully!"

Perhaps I'm wrong, but it would be interesting to know how many click on this thread, with thoughts like that in mind, even after reading the whole thread!

Folks, "inhumane cover-ups", terrible experiments, brutal high-level policies, are taking lives RIGHT NOW.

1994: Senator J.D. Rockefeller issues his report officially revealing that for at least the previous five decades, the Department of Defense used HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of military personnel in numerous human experiments, intentionally exposing them to dangerous substances.

Poison gases, various types of radiation, drugs, hallucinogens, biological agents, chemicals...

THAT SAME YEAR, Dr. Garth Nicolson at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX, made a startling discovery after examining veterans returning from Desert Storm. Using a new technique called "gene tracking", he was finding that many of these soldiers had been infected with a strain of mycoplasma incognitus, commonly used in bio-weapons, and yet the strain had been "altered". Incorporated into it's molecular structure was approximately 40% of the infamous HIV protein coat, indicating that it had been man-made.

Lest anyone jump to the conclusion that it had to be the "enemy", the fact is that virtually all real advanced military bio-tech takes place in only two places. In the US, and Israel.

Of course, the evidence was mounting, and plausible deniability was wearing pretty thin. As many may remember, two years later, in 1996, the Dept of Defense historically admitted that Desert Storm soldiers were in fact exposed to chemical agents.

Certainly, many old Vietnam vets felt somewhat vindicated, after decades of debating Agent Orange, which many were exposed to in Vietnam.

But, by 1996, many vets were already dead. More lived out their years broken, many on the streets, mentally and physically thrashed. And plenty are still alive today, but few care that these were victims from this previous era, where most were DRAFTED. No, most of these victims did not "volunteer".

I think this adds yet another dimension of culpability, the fact that they did not ask to be Guinea Pigs. At least today, in the "all volunteer" forces, they're asked to sign away all their rights. Perhaps those foolish enough to do it, get what they deserve. Although even here, they're largely picking on kids, who psychiatrists tell us are not capable of full judgment until the age of 25!

Folks, this horrible "system"...It hasn't changed!

This is NOW. These are our children, our brothers and sisters, our husbands or wives.

The only thing I would say has changed is likely that whatever they're up to at the moment, is likely to be even WORSE. No, we may not learn of what it is for another decade, but rest assured, a leopard does not change it's spots. The criminals who thought it was OK to experiment on humans last year, are the same today, they have little regard for human life, human suffering.

Well, I hope this thread doesn't die prematurely. LOTS of "inhumane cover-ups" to go!

JR

new topics

top topics

join