It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush & Borders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
A year before Bush was elected I had a 'vision' of him taking the oath of office (the whole scene - the weather, what he'd be wearing, etc.) so I knew he'd win the election even during all that stupid hanging chad stuff in Florida.

After he was elected I 'heard' that Bush would 'close the borders' of America - and so he has (as much as possible). At the time it made no sense, but in the aftermath of 9/11 - of course it did. And now there seems to be an ever tightening grip.

On the one hand, I see the need to be vigilant, etc. - but Land O' Goshen - I'm half afraid to even try to travel out of the US... because having to get back in sounds like it's becoming a nightmare. As it is... I had some pretty creepy experiences with 'returning' from Europe in 1986 and in 2003 with the re-entry dudes. They make you feel like a bloody criminal when you're just an ordinary US citizen! Now with all the retina scan stuff and the digital finger printing and the 'voluntary' background checks for speedy check-ins at the airport.... I fear any semblance of 'freedom' for US citizens is G-O-N-E!

Last week I read that Chile is requiring fingerprints and photos of all US citizens(along with Brazil and no doubt every other South American country - supposedly started by a judge in Brazil in 'retaliation' of the recent US directive that all incoming foreign tourists will be photographed and fingerprinted). Soon enough (if not already) Americans will be vilified all over the planet and we'll all be 'trapped' inside the USA. And what is 'waiting' for us here, anyway?

We can't even 'head for the hills' because of the satellites that can zero in on even the most miniscule object on the planet.

[edit on 21-6-2004 by PsiEye]

[edit on 21-6-2004 by PsiEye]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I'm with you PsiEye! I, too, feel the ever tightening grip of imprisonment within our own borders. Sheesh! Even now, I find just the overly frequent appearance of police in my town unnerving. They are everywhere, it seems - with nothing better to do than pull people over for B.S. reasons.

The Police State is here already!

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Bush will have to line the borders with the National Guard, Civil Defense, and every person available if he plans to 'plug the holes' in the borders!

They can't even keep illegal aliens from crossing over from Mexico. How does he think he's going to keep all those crazy terrorists out of here?

Anyway, they're already here for the most part, right? And just waiting to rock 'n roll - sadly enough.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
perhaps someone should compile a list of safe havens across the world be the time arises where it will be in the best interest of the american citizen, and those seeking refuge in the world to flee their country
. any suggestions?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I imagine the only place to 'go' would be Greenland

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
for myself, whenever i can remember, i search for ideal places to set up camp in case that all hell breaks loose...i hope the borders are just only shut to those who want in and not out.

join