It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iran siezes 3 Royal Navy Vessels

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clandestine
Please reframe from doing this in future.

VoD,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Reported on IRANIAN state run television that maps and weapons were confiscated as well..

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I think they were recon teams, since Iran won't cooperate with the UN these spec-ops are there to spy and snap some photoes of the facilities, make sure nothing's military

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Reported on IRANIAN state run television that maps and weapons were confiscated as well..

www.cnn.com...

Soldiers with maps and weapons? *GASP* Why I'm almost shocked they didn't go all the way and claim they were wearing uniforms too!

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
You know, VoD, not only is the act of using racial epithets disgusting, but what makes your offense even greater is your attempt to pin your disgusting remarks on people you don't agree with.

You make me sick to my stomach.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I think the sailors are probably more concerned about missing England-Croatia tonight.. it kicks off in three hours!!

Thanks for the heads up. Go Croatia!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
British commandos held by Iran
"They are currently being interrogated and an investigation is under way."

Official sources said the small patrol boats were armed with heavy machine-guns, and identified the detained Britons as Royal Navy commandos.

"I don't know when they are going to be released," mr Asefi said.
news.com.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Looks like a standard patrol boat that drifted a little too close to Iranian waters, nothing more. Usually, patrol crafy have crews of 3, wonder if someone is missing?

This is an example of Iran trying to look tough, with all the saber rattling and such, I believe they have arrested coalition forces before for small bordewr breaches and #.

If they were black ops, believe me, wed not be eharing about it, thats for damn sure. Theyd have either killed the arresting people, or have snuck in through less patroled areas and stuff. Nothing signifigant here, though it could very well be a step on the onramp to something bigger, especially with the US navy running amok for gods know what reasons in massive numbers.

Wait and see.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
You know, VoD, not only is the act of using racial epithets disgusting, but what makes your offense even greater is your attempt to pin your disgusting remarks on people you don't agree with.

You make me sick to my stomach.

Don't wouldn't sweat it honey...I'm sure [edited] ALL better.

In the meantime you should read a little history. Start with the Gulf of Tonkin incident. Follow that up with a little reading about how the US manufactured a war in Libya, manufactured a war in Nicaragua, manufactured a war in Honduras, manufactured a war Panama (note that those are all "brown-skinned countries)...in fact, you could go back to the Lucitania. Not to mention Iraq. In fact the Civil War was started by an attack on Fort Sumter over Northern vessels being in the Charleston Harbor. Its a trick used again and again. If you can't see the pattern, thats your problem Valhall.

And for the rest of you VOD bashers, I would like to introduce you to a concept called "SARCASM". Becomes its friend. you'll find its very helpful for deep and meaningful writing. Avoid it ferociously if you want the little "Writer" title under your signature!

Jesus Christ, perhaps we should have an "adult" forum on this site...for grown up writers and ideas,

Voice_of doom

--------thats DOOM kiddies (what do you think Im going to write about????)

Authority is an illusion in the mind of govenors - Lao Tse

[edit on 21-6-2004 by Voice_of Doom]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The British wont do bugger all, our goverment is spineless wet fishes. Those sailors and marines have had it.

Personally if it was me id say: release my men or Terahn gets vapourised.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Bloody hell.
The sailors will be released in 72 hours tops. Two SAS soldiers were captured whilst on ambush on the Iraq/Libya? or Syria boarder, released within a week after. No big deal, move along. They are only protecting their borders, this is a trivial incident.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Don't wouldn't sweat it honey...blah, blah...

And here you comment about grown-up posters and you make a remark like this? How about accept responsibility that something you said was offensive and just apologize? Is that so hard?

the rest of you VOD bashers, I would like to introduce you to a concept called "SARCASM". Becomes its friend. you'll find its very helpful for deep and meaningful writing. Avoid it ferociously if you want the little "Writer" title under your signature!

It's also called an EXCUSE. Don't like what I am saying here VOD? Well, it's just SARCASM.
Anyone gets upset and rather than do the mature thing, you hide under the "you all took it wrong" blanket. Guess what? If so many took it wrong, you probably said it wrong. If I write something and the vast majority doesn't get it, that is MY failure as a writer, not just yours as a reader. Think about it.

Jesus Christ, perhaps we should have an "adult" forum on this site...for grown up writers and ideas.

Realize that to actually prove your point is correct, rather than purpetuate matters...you would apologize and move on. The comment that you are so much more grown-up, and your ideas are so great is something that wouldn't need to be said by an adult with solid ideas.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
BBC reporting it has been confirmed
Here
They look like the inflatable patrol boats, and diplomatic talks about it are already happening.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
Bloody hell.
The sailors will be released in 72 hours tops. Two SAS soldiers were captured whilst on ambush on the Iraq/Libya? or Syria boarder, released within a week after. No big deal, move along. They are only protecting their borders, this is a trivial incident.

Apologies: but i dont have a lot of faith in Blair the brown nose.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
Apologies: but i dont have a lot of faith in Blair the brown nose.

You might be right about Blair... Thankfully we do have very professional and capable diplomats though, well used to sorting out mishaps like these. (did you know we "accidentally" invaded Spain with a small detachment of Marines a few years back? dreadful misunderstanding.. We have a way of getting into these scrapes somehow!

[edit on 21-6-2004 by muppet]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I am greatly curious what the mission of these ships was. I'm not the greatest naval mind of our generation, but if I had ships out to stop smuggling they wouldn't be unarmed.
Of course, that's all in your definition of "personal weapons". If the Mk19 HMG or a similar weapon weren't considered an organic weapon to the ship, you could say that a boat with a mounted full auto 40mm grenade-launcher was unarmed. (and against a true PT boat (the US example, the cylcone, is equiped with 4 HMGs and 2 more MGs, plus stinger missiles) with a crew of 24... i suppose that a boston whaler with a machine gun would be defenseless.

The support ship is interesting to me... i dont see what it would have been doing there. Covert ops seems unlikely... I'm inclined to suspect lax defense on the part of a routine mission of some sort... perhaps transporting supplies or moving personel somewhere. As for Iranian waters... Iran has always made claims to the Shaat al Arab and a few islands near UAE. You don't have to be in Iranian waters to be arrested for trespassing in Iranian waters. In fact, you could be safely inside Iraq, Kuwait, or UAE and Iran would very much like to accuse you of being in Iran. (Casper Weinberger co-authored a book of military scenarios considered possible by the pentagon, including that Iran might obtain nuclear weapons and become extremely aggressive in the Shat Al Arab and gulf of Aden, attempting to influence OPEC's production, and outright control that of Kuwait and UAE.)

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yog the Sloth
What sort of navy vessel has a crew of 8? And that split between three ships.

I think they are RIHBs.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Just reverse the situation, 8 armed iranian soldiers with maps near vital facilities on UK shore. Would they get arrested by british forces? I think so. What would happen with them then? What if they got arrested near New York for example? Would their final destination be Guantanamo Bay?

My guess is, Iran will release them after a small diplomatic showdown.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I was watching bbc news this morning an saw some of the epuipment that was seized when the british men where caught what got me was how come they had what looked like to me American issue Night Vision, M16- Grenade launcher, Palm tops and outher things. So how come the brithish army had those with them at the time the only thing I know is that the sas tend to favour the american M-16 and not the british standard issue Sa-80
???

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
I was watching bbc news this morning an saw some of the epuipment that was seized when the british men where caught what got me was how come they had what looked like to me American issue Night Vision, M16- Grenade launcher, Palm tops and outher things. So how come the brithish army had those with them at the time the only thing I know is that the sas tend to favour the american M-16 and not the british standard issue Sa-80
???

This is ture the M16 is favoured by the SAS

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join