It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full-Body Scan Technology Deployed In Street-Roving Vans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Full-Body Scan Technology Deployed In Street-Roving Vans

blogs.forbes.com

As the privacy controversy around full-body security scans begins to simmer, it’s worth noting that courthouses and airport security checkpoints aren’t the only places where backscatter x-ray vision is being deployed. The same technology, capable of seeing through clothes and walls, has also been rolling out on U.S. streets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b6944cb2202.png[/atsimg]
I wonder if law abiding gun owners with concealed permits will be stopped on the streets by homeland security and interrogated?
The article doesn't mention that.
What concerns me is being exposed unknowingly to x-ray radiation, and what that can do to my health. The article says the radiation is minimal with hardly any effect on the person, and it's just like receiving the same amount of radiation you would get for flying in an air plane for 15 mins, but it doesn't say how long you have to be exposed by one of these vans before that 15 mins air time is up. So i suppose if you are at a stopped on a street corner talking to a friend and the van is stopped next to you for a lengthy amount of time, the amount of radiation would go up. It's a scary thought. Not only that but I feel it's an invasion of privacy.

blogs.forbes.com

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboxoftrix

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b6944cb2202.png[/atsimg]
I wonder if law abiding gun owners with concealed permits will be stopped on the streets by homeland security and interrogated?
The article doesn't mention that.
What concerns me is being exposed unknowingly to x-ray radiation, and what that can do to my health. The article says the radiation is minimal with hardly any effect on the person, and it's just like receiving the same amount of radiation you would get for flying in an air plane for 15 mins, but it doesn't say how long you have to be exposed by one of these vans before that 15 mins air time is up. So i suppose if you are at a stopped on a street corner talking to a friend and the van is stopped next to you for a lengthy amount of time, the amount of radiation would go up. It's a scary thought. Not only that but I feel it's an invasion of privacy.

blogs.forbes.com

I would hope they would need some kind of warrant to do things like this ...

If I suspected it might harm my health I would cheerfully get naked for them.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
the pedophiles mob will just improve

I think in no time, we will find a lot of pics on the internet ... its just impossible to contain these people

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised either if they even spy-ed on you while you were sleeping in your home, or taking a shower. Scary thought but what's to prevent them from doing just that? Probably nothing...

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Funny you'd post this right now, I just emailed my brother Brad with this same information, from the same website about an hour ago, that same picture too! I sent it to the other addresses that came with his original email and thought I might post it here, but you beat me to it! Anyway this type of scanning was sure to happen sooner or later.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
but this is a duplicated thread, just to confirm .. I read about 5 threads with the same title since yesterday .... lol

so everybody beat everybody ...

I still dont know how they didnt implement a system to search before letting anyone create a new thread ... all duplicated threads would not exist

top topics

join