It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Elders view of 5-6 hrs before 2012 and just after

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
There are 7 Million Mayans alive and well in Mexico / Guatamala / Belize that would debate the Disappearance of the Mayan Civilization. I spent quite some time living in this region in the mid-late 90's, studying Mayan and Aztec Cultures. There is a tendency to view Mayan culture as a past relic, or artifact...it is Strong, Alive and Vibrant.

People are calling themselves "elder", "oracle" "guides" and other grand names, writing books about Mayan beliefs. This is a European / Western Phenomenon, It does not originate from source of Culture. Its a cottage industry, just like the Y2K paranoia that made a few people a lot of money. I cannot blame them for trying to support their family, but the unintended consequences may end up causing depression or worse for people taking their salesmanship seriously. I am fearful people will take to heart this cultural corruption; sell belongings, prepare for the end of the world that never comes. When the end does not come, the realization will set in and the results may be higher rates of suicide and depression.

If you wish to debate their calendar, by all means study in independent and impartial manner, if possible visit sites and study them in detail. It is intricate, fascinating, and worthy of even a week of your life. They were built by HUMANS, not aliens. Their astronomy was far in advance of anything in Europe and thus destroyed by Europeans.
This is the main reason we fear / don't understand how Mayans came to their knowledge ; the background and evidence of how they acquired the knowledge was burned and destroyed by religious empires terrified of anything that could compete with their Dogma of the Universe. All we have left are highly advanced sciences without background how they were achieved. Blame the Terrified Missionaries and religious powers, but lets not assume aliens gave them any special knowledge. It was disciplined rigorous science and methodology over many generations.

There is no mythology in Mayan Culture that the earth will end in 2012, that is not taught nor accepted. it is simply the end of a cycle and beginning of another, not the end of Humanity or conversion of souls, or alien invasion, or any other grand tale. Those are Western inventions and interpretations. The closest analogy might be the snake, shedding its skin and going on about its life. It is the same snake with new skin.

It boils down to sales industry; books, videos, bumper stickers to generate income. It is not based in Actual Mayan beliefs.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nycsnakeeyes

I agree...

The first Conceptual movement of "AWARENESS" was "To & Fro"..

And involves the "Opposites" (The Two Ends of the "To & Fro") With the 3rd component being the Conceptual "Line" in-between the 2 "Opposite" ends of "To & Fro".

So 2012.... if correct will be the change in direction.... Just as in the To & Fro...

Trust LIFE..... and Not the Flesh...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reflections
reply to post by Realtruth

I respect your opinion here, but I believe you are wrong, I have read a lot of his books, and the vibe is definitely about helping the people. not the money.

AHA! It IS about book sales! If you think not, tell us where we can download his books off of the internet gratis. If it's really all about helping people, he'll have no problem giving free PDFs of them away!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Eh, after I've thought about this a bit, I'm out of my depth here. I'll try to bow out of the thread gracefully, and leave you folks to your beliefs, which are really none of my business.

All this esoteric business gets my drawers in a wad sometimes, especially when it looks to me like it's all about money and selling books, but that in no way should diminish YOUR beliefs, nor was it my intent to belittle them.

Believe as you will, and if you're still here on 1 Jan 2013, we'll have a beer together or something, and discuss it then. I've no doubt that I'LL still be here then, but I hope you achieve whatever it is you expect to attain.

Have a good 'un!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by crezo

Actually, it is significant. This is the final of five cycles in the Mayan calender. It is widely believed that this is the "rebirth", or a "new beginning". Who knows what that truly means, but we'll find out in about 2 years and 4 months!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by Reflections
reply to post by Realtruth

I respect your opinion here, but I believe you are wrong, I have read a lot of his books, and the vibe is definitely about helping the people. not the money.

AHA! It IS about book sales! If you think not, tell us where we can download his books off of the internet gratis. If it's really all about helping people, he'll have no problem giving free PDFs of them away!

So how is this guy supposed to spread knowledge then? Should he crap paper and pee ink? Lets say he conjures that up.

Now the problem is how do you get the piece of pissy crap distributed ?

Should he take donations (people working and giving the current form of currency we use aka "money" or dollar credits, or just hope love gets his pissy crap book distributed to those who want the knowledge? Or he could just make it nice and easy with no work done at all on your part(make a pdf file and distribute it for free) so you can read it then "write if off" as new age mumbo jumbo?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Just so we settle the " end of the world" hysteria. The start of the fourteenth B'ak'tun begins on Dec 21 2012, marking the end of the Thirteenth, which ends on Dec 20, 2012.

The best way to think of the cycles are Birthdays for the earth according to Mayan philosophies. It is cause for celebration.

There are many dates in the Mayan calendar past 2012, These are just some corresponding to Western Gregorian Calendars;
March 26, 2407
June 28, 2801
October 1, 3195
January 3, 3590
April 7, 3984
July 11, 4378
October 13, 4772

BY referencing JUST the Mayan Calendar, we see continuation of the Cycles of life far into the future.
I am sure these Books and videos leave this part out, that the Mayans have many dates set far past 2012, which is just marking the end of a Single cycle, not the last, and certainly not the end of the world.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Well I've seen plenty of footage of supposed Mayans saying nothing at all is going to happen. But maybe I'll get me and the dog into the garden just in case

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Reflections

sounds more like a trap, to restrict us from advancing, just to keep us recycling in the earth logos.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by up up and away

Originally posted by nenothtu

So how is this guy supposed to spread knowledge then? Should he crap paper and pee ink? Lets say he conjures that up.

Now the problem is how do you get the piece of pissy crap distributed ?

Should he take donations (people working and giving the current form of currency we use aka "money" or dollar credits, or just hope love gets his pissy crap book distributed to those who want the knowledge? Or he could just make it nice and easy with no work done at all on your part(make a pdf file and distribute it for free) so you can read it then "write if off" as new age mumbo jumbo?

3 Letters: P-D-F.

Distribution: 1 word: internet. Plenty of new age sites around that would love to hand it out for him.

AND

If it's really about "helping people", he would give a fat rat's ass who wrote it off as mumbo-jumbo, so long as it got to the "right" people too.

I'm really going to bow out now, before I start applying science to the claims made on behalf of scientific principles involving physics in that teaser article.

I don't want to do that here, and we really don't want me to do it.

Believe as you like, and be well with it.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

If you actually read up on the history of the Mayan first king, then you would realize he might be alien of sorts. In my personal research I think it is Enki.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ariel bender

That is why I say it will be end of the current ways and a new way for a better life will be implemented. The way we are headed it seems to be nothing more than the book 1984.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
reply to post by Reflections

The fact that objects start to disappear really starts to make people who do not understand what is happening go crazy.

This has been going on for years....

When people come to understand the True nature of the experience we are having, then they will understand the cause of objects disappearing incuding houses and other large objects as well as people vanishing etc...

Can you tell me what objects have "disappeared" and how? Were they there one minute and gone the next with nothing left behind to suggest they had been there?

Also, can you clarify what is natural and what isn't?

With all the rubbish that the NWO is putting in our food does this mean whether we like it or not we will be staying behind, whilst they are eating natural foods and will move on?

[edit on 29-8-2010 by YarlanZey]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
So now the discussion is well underway, I would like to ask what people think of the idea of this 'shift' being an increase in our current consciousness bandwidth.

I'll explain what I mean, let's take the hypothesis that we are a large antenna of some sort receiving and decoding information which forms a conscious awareness of our physical world and all that's in it.

Now if the bandwidth increase to encompass higher frequencies (which we cannot currently perceive and decode with our eyes / brain), the world would look like a very new place, and I theorize here when I say this, Imagine that along with these new frequencies that we could now see, Time itself looks different and behave differently, it became non-linear or it was no-longer a limiting factor. Maybe this could also fit with what the Mayan's say about the end of "time", not the end of the physical world but just the concept of time as we know it exists for us today.

Lot's of theorizing going on there and not much proof...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Have started reading your other thread 13 dimensions which is fascinating.

It brings to mind some of the storylines/themes of Stargate where they talk about ascension and ascended beings, the ancient ones, etc.

You also talk about the collective consciouness and when it reaches a critical mass.

I wonder how this all ties in with our media and how they are programming us (as we are obviously being manipulated). Are we being helped or hindered?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

So now the discussion is well underway, I would like to ask what people think of the idea of this 'shift' being an increase in our current consciousness bandwidth.

What if, at some point in time, we actually DO figure out how to time travel? This seems very possible and mathematically probable - considering things like "infinity", "random numbers", "Pi", and coincidence. While it may never happen, my guess is that eventually it will - and if it does, time will never be viewed exactly the same way in which we view it now. Einstein basically sums this up in the theory of relativity, we're just stuck on traveling at, or faster, than the speed of light - perhaps 2012 has something to do with this? Who knows...

I've also wondered a lot about the idea of "extra terrestrials" coming here to Earth - this can easily go into all sorts of different ideas, for example, are the ET's from another planet, are they just humans from the future (or past), are they beings from another dimension? Who knows...

When I think about this stuff to myself though, I find it even harder to understand why in the world any highly advanced beings would even bother stopping here to communicate with us in the first place... If they're really just US from another dimension / time it seems to make a lot more sense to me.

I just got done looking over your thread on the 13 dimensions, what are your ideas on this Reflections?

[edit on 29-8-2010 by sum1one]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
"Time itself looks different and behave differently, it became non-linear or it was no-longer a limiting factor. Maybe this could also fit with what the Mayan's say about the end of "time", not the end of the physical world but just the concept of time as we know it exists for us today"

Time is simply the measure of observable motion, in our case the Solar system we inhabit in the macro and the frequency of microwave radiation in the micro.

The Mayans do not say anything about the end of time. it is Popular Myth being spread all over the Internet by "elders" selling books. If anything Mayans saw time as never ending repeating cycles, not linear as we tend to view it.

The Mayans had great accomplishments, not because they were visited by Aliens but because they spent hundreds of years observing the Universe and understanding what they observed. They calculated Eclipses not only in their own region but for other regions of earth, understood precession, the galactic plane, and mysteries that we only solved recently. They did this because they were a curious and scientifically based culture.

Start with understanding the Mayan culture itself, from there it is more sense to understand their accomplishments and basis for discoveries and writings.
And above all stay away from exploitive "elders", Guides and self proclaimed Oracles selling books. Not only do they lead people astray but corrupt the Mayan culture doing it.

If you want to research more esoteric definitions of time, Peruvian and Andean Cultures had far more abstract perspectives, some of them fascinating.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Great thread OP, thanks for the link and info.

Ignore the 'debunkers' that criticize ideas because they cost money... these people have obviously never considered writing as a job.

If you want to change the world, you have to do it within the capitalist structure.

Bob Marley charged money for records and concerts. The Beatles charged money for records and concerts.

It is the same for someone who wants to change the world through ideas and information in writing and books.

If you commit to changing the world full time, you have to figure out how to survive within the money construct.

I plan to charge money for my next book, but that doesn't mean I am a fraud.

I believe wholeheartedly in what I convey in my writings - and I want to expose a larger audience to those ideas because I believe it will be beneficial to society as a whole.

I don't want to be rich, but I have to survive. In this way, capitalism strips society of thinkers, because a person cannot just be a full time 'thinker' without creating some product from that time spent thinking. But that is a whole 'nother subject, and I digress.

----

OP, I suggest taking a look at Theosophy - because it is uncanny how much of the secret societies conspiracies, 'new age' thinking, metaphysics, and 2012 theories has been described in full by Blavatsky and others over a hundred years ago... and most of the sources Blavatsky bases her ideas on are thousands of years old.

The link above allows you to search a large database of Theosophical books and articles.

Just a quick example, I just searched for the word 'polar' in The Secret Doctrine Volume II (1888). I recommend going to the link for yourself, as there is an incredibly dense amount of context before and after these small quotes:

Does the Western Kabalist — generally an opponent of the Eastern Occultist — require a proof? Let him open Eliphas Levi's Histoire de la Magic," p. 53, and carefully examine his "Grand Symbole Kabalistique" of the Zohar. He will find, on the engraving given, a white man standing erect and a black woman upside down, i.e., standing on her head, her legs passing under the extended arms of the male figure, and protruding behind his shoulders, while their hands join at an angle on each side. Eliphas Levi makes of it, God and Nature; or God, "light," mirrored inversely in "Nature and Matter," darkness. Kabalistically and symbolically he is right; but only so far as emblematical cosmogony goes.

Nor has he invented the symbol any more than the Kabalists have: the two figures in white and black stone have existed in the temples of Egypt from time immemorial — agreeably to tradition; and historically — ever since the day of King Cambyses, who personally saw them. Therefore the symbol must have been in existence since nearly 2,500 years ago. This, at the very least, for that Persian sovereign, who was a son of Cyrus the Great, succeeded his father in the year 529 B.C. These figures were the two Kabiri personifying the opposite poles.

Herodotus (Thalia, No. 77) tells posterity that when Cambyses entered the temple of the Kabirim, he went into an inextinguishable fit of laughter, on perceiving what he thought a man erect and a woman standing on the top of her head before him. These were the poles, however, whose symbol was intended to commemorate "the passing of the original North Pole of the Earth to the South Pole of the Heaven," as perceived by Mackey.* But they represented also the poles inverted, in consequence of the great inclination of the axis, bringing each time as a result the displacement of the Oceans, the submersion of the polar lands, and the consequent upheaval of new continents in the equatorial regions, and vice versa. These Kabirim were the "Deluge" gods.

Also, if you are not already familiar with David Wilcock, I recommend taking a look at some of his free books on his website Divine Cosmos, as he (among others) also has a positive view of 2012 and some very interesting scientific theories about the whole shabang. He especially talks about the geometric structure of the aether wave functions changing form as the vibration of the planet/solar system changes. Which is right in line with the quote from Melchizedek about synthetic materials dissipating.

Also, I suggest research into Tesla, Keely, Dale Pond, Zero Point Energy... and many other things but this is enough for now as I feel like being done with this post.

U2U me if you are at all interested in discussing further.

Thanks again for the link and info.

Oh, and one more thing... the recent thread about Sonoluminescence is very intriguing... this video:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The money hungry feeding on the ignorant and gullible.

We've seen it over and over again.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
G'day All,

Good old Drunvalo Melchizedek, I have one of his videos with all his predictions for Australia that never happened.

Anything that he says take with a grain of salt folks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join