It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Govt threatens to investigate David Hicks lawyer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
"The ABC has obtained an email written by an official with the Office of Military Commissions, the US Government body in charge of David Hicks' trial.
The sensitivity is highlighted by the fact that Major Mori, Major Smith and other senior officials with the Office of Military Commissions have all declined to comment.
www.abc.net.au...

It's a Kangaroo court with Judge Skippy presiding.
en.wikipedia.org...
Sanc'.
edit; link

[edit on 21-6-2004 by sanctum]

D

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
As if the "trial" of Hicks isn't going to be biased enough, the US have to go and investigate not only his civilian lawyer, but the US military lawyer that has been appointed to him. Really, whats the point of having a trial?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
There is zero chance of a fair trial anyway.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
THE lawyer for Australian David Hicks, detained at America's Guantanamo Bay Naval Base, welcomed a US Supreme Court ruling today allowing inmates to challenge their detention through the justice system.
news.com.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Does anyone rember what happened to American citizens that fought in Spains' civil war? Those captured were treated as military combantants and tried in a military court of law. I can't recall that any were found not guilty.
So will the verdict of guilty be given to the Austrilan. Captured in a war zone, armed and amongst militants. Do you require further evidence?
I for one do not care wether he was mistreated or not while in custody. He has condemmed himself for his crimes not our military.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Uh some of this makes sense.

In the above linked article I found the following.

There were allegations of abuse against Mr. Hicks - who i'd be lying if I said I personally had pity for - (just being honest). It seems that a complaint was registered on his behalf, but not with the US government. That is improper. If you believe someone is being abused you register the complaint with the government. Why would you register it with Australia, they are not the ones holding him?

LEIGH SALES: Major Smith said if the allegations are scurrilous, Major Mori and Steve Kenny should be investigated.

What's the problem with this???? If these people made up a nasty story about American soliders abusing someone, and the guy wasn't abused at all... damn right they should be held accountable for the fraudulent claims. Just like anyone else would. If I say someone beat me up, and that person gets investigated, and it turns out he did nothing? Of course I should be held responsible for lying.

And here's the email clip that the uproar seems to be about.

EMAIL EXCERPT: Abuse allegations in the current climate are very serious and should be made appropriately to the US Government. If these are not legitimate issues and constitute grandstanding by Major Mori and Mr Kenny, their representation, statements and actions should be investigated by appropriate ethics agencies.

Can someone please tell me what in the world is wrong with this statement? The email was saying that the government takes abuse allegations seriously and the way to get them taken care of is to bring it to the government's attention by filing a report etc. If the charges are proven false and baseless, well then yes an investigation into the people filing the charges should happen. Why shouldn't it? If Major Mori made a claim that turned out to be bull, why shouldn't he be held responsible like any other person would be.

Spare me the whining. If he was abused, the investigation will show that. If he wasn't abused and his lawyers are opportunistic pigs trying to get some attention, then it's obviously time for someone to get disbarred.

new topics

top topics

join