It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
December 21, 2012. The Day that the World will end some say... Some say that its the day that we transition, that we "change". I have a new theory, or thought. I believe that this whole 2012 stuff wont happen. Nothing will happen, How did I come to this conclusion? Think about it. If nobody had ever said anything about that date, would you be so worried? What if someone long ago had said that August 28th, 2010 was the day and not Dec 21, 2012? Would you be awake right now, wondering whats gonna happen tomorrow? I believe that you only see what you want to see, not what really is there. So, what is really there on Dec 12, 2012? As of right now, nothing. What are your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelsoftheapocalypse

I think 2012 will present an opportunity to raise our consciousness...enter a higher dimension of thought and existence. I'm hoping many of us will go beyond this reality of mass suffering we live in.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
My guess is that it will be just like any other day.

No, I'm not worried about it.

I agree with you about seeing what you want to see, I think we all experience that.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm planning on sleeping in late on Dec 22nd, so the world can't end

I don't believe anything will happen, but I will not be going outside my house for fear of crazy people thinking something will happen.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Most likely nothing will happen on Dec 21st 2012, but something could happen tomorrow. It's a good idea to be ready for anything at anytime. Regardless of what any calendar or fortune teller may say. We live in a very fragile environment. People just like to think they are safe.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelsoftheapocalypse

If nobody had ever said anything about that date, would you be so worried?

Wait...you are right in that no knowledge is bliss, but to say it wouldn't happen makes no sense at all.

If an apocalypse/end o' world scenario ocurrs, it's not because of some global/self-fulfilling prophecy, it's because it was gonna happen sooner or later.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I saw a doc on history channel about the Mayans and their calendar that puts this into perspective... Apparently, their society had the great idea to be accepting of the inevitabilities of life and formulated a calender that would mark important changes. These changes were concerned with their migratory patterns and perhaps smaller cultural things as well. 2012 is the date of a certain "change" on their calendar, I don't know if they meant it to be major or minor but it certainty had nothing to do with their culture and they knew it. I also don't think it was so much a message to posterity as much as going too far into the future would be somewhat excessive and futile.

Who knows what the change could be... could be anything. And then again, things are always changing aren't they.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I take it you do not see anything happening right now either?

Have there not been enough scientifically-based Threads from many scientific avenues that suggest changes are afoot?

Have there not been enough man-made disasters coupled with an increase in Natural events to merit anything?

Have you not mingled your mind as to the reality of the condition of Man and the path it is walking? (this includes Religious and associative symbolism)

Do you feel that any past Prophesy or past History has no significant effect or affect on our World?

If you can answer any of the above as No then you may have to realize that blinders do blind Mankind. Time to wake up!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This what I see and know from 1997.
There has been a big increase of destruction on all levels.
The sun is wound up like a yo yo now. It will be time for the sun to unreval.
2012 we people will go on with our everyday lifes, it is NOT the end.
Destruction of the earth are in the progress and will continue.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I don't truly believe that anything natural will happen on this day, the odds of a huge natural world changing event happening on this day seems mind boggling to me. Though I would not be surprised if those in power use that day as an excuse to shake us up a bit and take away more of our rights.

Think about it. On some level, a large chunk of the world has heard about 2012 to some degree. Many people are already expecting something to happen.

If the powers that be stage a huge false flag event, it would scare the hell out of everybody. I'm talking about a world wide false flag event. People would be lining up to give away their freedom in exchange for protection.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
my theory is the old ways will be destroyed and the new way will better humanity. this current way we have is just destroying humanity.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Its like this, Everyone once knew that the world was flat.. they were proved wrong. Everyone once knew that Europe, India, China, ect, was the whole world... They were proved wrong. What if this all is another "Everyone Knew" Idea? Also, Some people say there have been an increase in activity in recent years to suggest that something may have been going on.. Where Is the evidence that suggests that this has never happened before? where are the records of natural disasters that date back before 300 years? All im saying is that yes, maybe the mayans were right, maybe they were wrong, but if they never existed, and they, or anyone had never said anything about 2012, would you have a reason to be afraid? Would you be more worried about natural disasters, or would you think that man, some bad stuff is happening on earth.. Also, one thing, alot of people mistake America being around for a very long time, shoot, they mistake themselves for being around a long time. Just remember, we are only 234 years young. In the vastness of history on Earth, thats not even a second. Think about it.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The only reason to make me beleive in 2012 theory (5%) is that in last time multi billioners started to give their welth to charity.

Something is not right there. Not at all.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I think that the date will reveal the Emperor's New Clothes. The day will be like any other except for all of the believers ecstatically claiming it happened, it happened.

Everyone will be staring at them in disbelief and still they will be chanting the consciousness shift happened, or whatever happened.

A few days later the revelry will die down as the believers will realize they have the same jobs, existence, likes, wants, and whatever as before and they will quietly look forward to another event where they can play cheerleader.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
I think that the date will reveal the Emperor's New Clothes. The day will be like any other except for all of the believers ecstatically claiming it happened, it happened.

Everyone will be staring at them in disbelief and still they will be chanting the consciousness shift happened, or whatever happened.

A few days later the revelry will die down as the believers will realize they have the same jobs, existence, likes, wants, and whatever as before and they will quietly look forward to another event where they can play cheerleader.

Exactly, thats why I think 2012 has shifted from doomsday to some vague "shifting of consciousness" so that if nothing happens, they can just go on and say that they were enlightened but you weren't, or some other hokum.

top topics

join