It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.28.10 - Celebrate the Dream, Reject the Nightmare

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

So the only way you can respond is by ignoring the reality of what I said and not actually responding to it? Gotcha. No innocent people have been killed by men with bible quotes on their scopes on a military mission from the Christian god then? Not a one?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Okay, first off, it's "mosque" it's hard to take someone seriously who can't spell. Second, never smoked a joint in my 49 years, nor used tobacco of any kind for that matter. Left home at 18 and been on my own ever since. Always worked, still do, and am doing quite well.

Well it looks like we have a few things in common except that I am a terrible speller.
I am 37, have 3 children of my own and have worked and still do so.
My mom and dad actually left home when I turned 18 though.
I did not say that all of the other post were made by dope smoking dead beats. If you go back and read some of them I think you can spot the ones I referred to.

I still maintain that the people who ran this country into the ground are NOT the ones to hand it back to. I'm all for small government, but it's a matter of opinion as to what exactly the government DOES need to get into. Deregulation led us to a financial crisis, numerous dead miners and oil rig workers and a gulf full of oil. Nice track record. And yet the same people who scream and yell that the government needs to stay out of things want to tell women what to do with their bodies, and make a constitutional amendment denying rights to certain people. It's hypocritical. I'm not for abortion, I hate it. But I'm not going to stand in judgment and tell a rape victim they have to have their rapists baby. Just take care of it before it has a central nervous system. It's still bad, but at least there's no pain or awareness involved.

Sir I never once commented on any of these things.
You might be surprised to find out that I agree with you on most things.
What I get upset about are those that attack just because they feel their ideology is being threatened.
They attack with out the facts. Just as they have done against the 8-28 rally.
Most do not have a clue what it was about but yet they are all up in arms about how much of a terrible thing it was.
I have spoken to others, that don't share my view points, that thought it was awesome though they did not care for Beck.
I have no problems with people who actually took the time to see what it was about before going ballistic.

Sorry, this has become off topic, I think. Old men tend to ramble. I happen to have 2 beautiful children, one will be 21 this year, the other is still in school. If you were at all familiar with reality you'd know that the Bush tax cuts helped create the deficit. You'd also know that it only benefits 3% of Americans.

As for the Bush tax cuts, its kinda hard to say it only helped about 3% of Americans when only about 50% of the people in this country pay income tax.
I never said Mr. Bush helped the deficit.
Of course he did not!
But this administration has gone wild with the spending! I don't blame it all on Mr. Obama either because I know better.
That is why I said, sir, that I would much rather try and take care of this problem now. I know there is no way to actually get it paid off in my life time but we can try to ease the burden for those who come after us. Our children and their children.

How exactly is that adequate representation? Back to deregulation. I guess if you can make money at it it should be okay, right? Then lets legalize prostitution and drug dealing. Dang, lets get rid of child labor laws and go back to putting 6 year olds to work in factories with no safety regulations. Lets abolish the 40 hour work week and overtime. This is the world the Republican agenda would lead to, but by golly there'd be jobs, if only because there'd be a lot of turn over because of dead workers.

Once again I never commented on any of these things and you presume that this must be my mentality.
Sorry but you are wrong again. I will vote for the person that, after thoroughly looking into, I feel will uphold the Constitution. Be they Independent, Republican, or Democrat.
For too long we have let party lines become trip wires.
I am a Mechanical Technician at a textile plant. I need my 40hr week + OT thank you very much.

Regarding your signature, freedom of religion includes freedom from religion by necessity, or are you saying we have to have SOME form of religion? That's a Masonic view, are you a Mason? Not that there's anything wrong with that, just curious.

My signature means exactly what it says. The founders gave us the promise "freedom of religion" not freedom from religion.
In other words although many do not like religion I have the right to practice/pray whether you like it or not.
Nice geometry in your avatar by the way. Not that there is anything wrong with it, just saying. (Note: it is "there would" not "there'd" and "it, it" not "it it" notice the comma between them? But hey I still took you seriously.)

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

My bad then, for assuming. you know what they say about that. It's just that everyone I know who listens to GB believes the Repubs have it right and all our problems are Obama's fault, even to the point of wishing someone would kill him. That's an apology, by the way, still rambling, I'm afraid, plus I've worked my tail off outside all day, kind of beat. The triquatra is also a symbol of the Trinity, btw, and I'm not sure about the "it" thing, but I'm sure I've got lots of typos.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by staver]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Originally posted by prepared4truth
reply to post by Quadrivium

Which is still name calling... right? Doesn't apply to me, but it isn't necessary to propel your argument. Although you never really had one from the beginning because Beck is still a douche.

Difference between our posts is that you actually portray yourself as a sheep.

My argument is this:
A lot of people for some strange reason put their ideology above common since.
Without looking into something they automatically attack it without doing any research, as many have done on this thread.
If you go to Media Matters you will find an entire section dedicated to bashing conservative talk show/tv show host.
Will you ever find anything negative about this administration? Hardly ever!
Why is this?
Let us take a look at what I stated in an earlier post shall we? I will word it a little differently:
Media matters and progressive sites/news like it are boosting conservative talk show/tv show host ratings.
They are making people curious which leads to these people watching/listening to said host.
This person then goes back to the progressive site at a latter date and sees how the hosts' comments were edited/taken out of context and they start to wake up and begin to ask, why?
Theses progressive sites are in the pocket of this administration and the PTB.
Why would they spend so much time and effort going over every little word from these host trying to find something to use against them? Why would they even acknowledge them?
If most are just crazy wack jobs why not let them fail on their own merit?
Because they are scared. Scared that people will listen and actually begin to hear.
I have seen the argument:
"well why are all the conservatives worried about these things now? Where were they during the Bush years?"
The answer is that people of all ideologies are beginning to "wake up" to what has been happening in this country for over a century. It's not just conservatives or republicans and the endless attacks from the progressive side is helping tremendously.
It is all in the numbers. Mr. Obama won the election by a land slide. Now look at all of the movements against this administration. A lot of the people in them have to be people who voted for him.
Why the change of heart?
Because they now see what is happening.
Yes it took a long time for a lot of us but we see now. And we hope it is not too late to stop this forward momentum into a crashed economy where our rights and constitution will be forever fundamentally changed.
What is your definition of sheeple?
Mine is; Those who blindly follow the PTB without question, those who repeat talking points given to them without researching and asking, WHY?
Now who is acting more like sheep?
Those that get their information from a progressive site/news that support the administration and the PTB, with out researching?
Or those that get their information from those that are constantly taking on this administration and the PTB and doing the leg work to fact check it?

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Quadrivium]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by staver

No problem, my apologies as well, I do get carried away at times.
One thing though, the comment you made about those you know that listen to Beck. They actually believe the Republicans have it right?
WOW!
From what I have read (mostly) /watched/listened to him say, he also feels like I do about party lines. He has been critical of Mr. Bush as well as Mr. Obama.
I think he claims to be a Constitionalist but I may be wrong on that.
Many times I have read where he suggest to his audience to vote for those that will uphold the Constitution regardless of the Party.
Anyway I know how you feel about being tired. Third 12hr night shift with only six hrs sleep since Friday. Luckily its been a slow weekend without many equipment failures.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
If you go to Media Matters you will find an entire section dedicated to bashing conservative talk show/tv show host.

So, quoting people in context is now "bashing" them.

Perhaps if people didn't say inflammatory, idiotic, demagogic, stupid things, they wouldn't get called out on it.

And there are MANY sites that call out Obama, but let Beck and his ilk slide.

You show me a site that points out the lies and hypocrisy of EVERYONE and you'll have a point. Until then, you're still part of the problem because you're resorting to the tu quoque fallacy. Look it up.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Mr. Beck has say on air that what people say about him like 10 years before now is probably all true but he changed and I believe all man has the right to change their wrong doings..... and I sense Mr. Beck has changed for the good.

To show what you have in OP only shows me apart of you I don't appreciate.

We can't make things right as he is attempting to do now by having threads like this moving backwards not forwards.

You sadden me, seek change for good

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
with all these threads about Beck this weekend, maybe this dude should have his own forum on ATS???

Glenn Beck, the one man conspiracy

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta

Originally posted by Quadrivium

So, quoting people in context is now "bashing" them.

The fact that you think Media Matters quote people in context shows that you are a TROLL or just ignorant.
Look it up.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join