It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Strange Sounds.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Hey man, I can do it by refreshing all the tabs at once...

Gonna give that a quick go. Don't worry too much about doing the audio, unless you want to.

Will post results (if I can).

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It's very strange. One of the tabs reloaded slower than the other, but they're definitely meant to sync from the beginning.

I don't feel as bad as before, if anything I feel more clear headed.

reply to post by Korg Trinity

Would definitely appreciate a decent sync and any more input/thoughts whatsoever.

Thanks.

Edit to add:

Here's some stuff I found on Binaural beats, it's only wiki but a little interesting if I'm right and this is a binaural recording.

Binaural beats or binaural tones are auditory processing artifacts, or apparent sounds, the perception of which arises in the brain for specific physical stimuli. This effect was discovered in 1839 by Heinrich Wilhelm Dove, and earned greater public awareness in the late 20th century based on claims that binaural beats could help induce relaxation, creativity and other desirable mental states.

and

The brain produces a phenomenon resulting in low-frequency pulsations in the loudness and sound localization of a perceived sound when two tones at slightly different frequencies are presented separately, one to each of a subject's ears, using stereo headphones. A beating tone will be perceived, as if the two tones mixed naturally, out of the brain. The frequency of the tones must be below about 1,000 to 1,500 hertz for the beating to be heard. The difference between the two frequencies must be small (below about 30 Hz) for the effect to occur; otherwise, the two tones will be heard separately and no beat will be perceived.

Source...

[edit on 27/8/1010 by jokei]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I make dark ambient/music like this. Infrasound, binaural beats, etc etc etc.
Ever seen Irreversible?
Ever heard of a concert that had binaural beats as an experiment that made people feel queasy?
Personally, I'm fascinated with sound.

<< 1   >>

join