It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'IDF ready to destroy Lebanese Army in four hours'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

'IDF ready to destroy Lebanese Army in four hours'

www.jpost.com

The US warned Lebanon that if it did not prevent any recurrence of the border-fire incident that occurred earlier this month, the IDF would destroy the Lebanese Armed Forces within four hours, Israel Radio cited a report by Lebanese newspaper A-Liwaa on Friday.

According to the report, Frederick Hoff, assistant to US Middle East Peace Envoy George Mitchell, told Lebanese Army chief of staff Jean Kahwaji that Israel was ready to implement a plan to destroy within four hours all Lebanese military infrastructure, including army bases and offices, should a similar confrontation occur in the fut
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com
www.thenational.ae
www.israelnationalnews.com
www.yalibnan.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Gunfire erupts along Lebanon-Israeli border

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
What a joke!

If this is to believed, Jpost is notoriously militant and right-wing, George Mitchell the Middle East Envoy who has been shuttling between the Israeli leadership and Fatah to get direct peace talks off the ground is also threatening Lebanon with complete destruction on Israel's behalf.

The recent UN enquiry on the border clash between the Lebanese arnmy and the IDF concluded that the Lebanese launched a completly unprovoked attack.

In that instance yes, the attack appears to be unprovoked. But taken as a whole the Israelis are constantly provoking both Hezbollah and Lebanon as a whole, with constant over flying of their territory.

www.presstv.ir...

I personally believe this is a lot of BIG talk from Israel and the U.S. The Israeli military will commit the same mistakes, intentional or unintentional, in punishing the whole Lebanese population and being drawn in to a land battle they cannot win. If anything i think the Lebanese Army and Hezbollah will be even more ready for an Israeli attack and be able to ride it out resulting in no military victory and another massive hit to the Israeli image abroad, mabye even within the U.S.

I could not find any more links to this claim by the Jpost. The other links provided are links to the UN report on the border clash and the UN's position in between the Lebanese and Israelis.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Destroy the Lebanese army in four hours, why would anyone want to create chaos on their own borders, that could only go bad for Israel in many different ways, seems dumb to even wana try as Lebanon is no threat but a power vacuum to the North would be, hmm.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Yawn...another Israeli-bashing thread...
moving along!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Your right it is dumb.

But in threatening the Lebanese Army directly it would appear they, the Israelis/U.S. are trying to discourage any future border clash and more importantly any co-opeartion with Hezbollah, which of course there will be if Lebanon proper is attacked.

The Lebanese Army and Hezbollah have become heavily linked since the Israeli attack in 2006 and Hezbollah gains in recent elections. If Israel attacks Lebanon again, which seems likely, more likely than Israel attacking Iran, they will have to face Hezbollah's irregular forces, who they clearly cannot handle, and the growing power of the Lebanese Army.

The Lebanese armed forces may be about to buy some advanced anti-tanks missiles for it's French helicopters.

aawsat.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Yes.... And don't you forget it...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Couple this threat with the news that Israel is in the process of finalising a deal with the US, to purchase 2 billion bones worth of military fuel, and you have an interesting prospect indeed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

An Israeli strike may well be able to destroy much of the Lebanese armed forces. But in the long run all this would achieve is pushing all of the Lebanese population into supporting Hezbollah (many of whom already do).

An Israeli strike will never fully destroy or dismantle Hezbollah. It is not just a Guerllia/Freedom fighting or terrorist force that can be beaten in the field of combat. It is a social/political movement much copied in the region, e.g. Moqtada Al-Sadar's Mehdi army in Iraq.

As well as a political clout, Hezbollah has wide popular appeal by providing social services and health care. It also has an influential TV station, al-Manar.

news.bbc.co.uk...

A movement which champions itself, succsesfully, as the protecter of the Lebanese against the colonialist, aggresive illegitimate state of Israel.

In my opinion a just peace is the only way forward with such a movement for Israel.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
4 hours!!!!
This guy's been smoking pot and how!
That's the time it'll take an armored formation to kick the dust and barely cross the border!

Remember what happened in 2006 when Israel went to 'war' with a rag tag circus called the Hizbollah, in Lebanon? The conflict started on 12 July 2006, and continued until a United Nations-brokered ceasefire went into effect in the morning on 14 August 2006, though it formally ended on 8 September 2006!

So how many hours was that? Now were talking of actual war against a regular army! 4 hours? Phew!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Hezbollah may be rag-tag in the conventional bracket of armed forces, but for what they do there is none more effective.

From the last war in 2006.

Hezbollah's superior knowledge of the terrain in south Lebanon, which has been mined and dug full of tunnels and trenches since the Israeli withdrawal in May 2000, gives them significant advantages in the current conflict, said Michael Kerr, a Lebanon expert at the London School of Economics.

The Hezbollah fighters ``arrive with an open-roofed truck, fire the rockets and then disappear so anyone retaliating is fighting a ghost army,'' Kerr said in an interview.

``Lebanon is a mountainous country with lots of forestation so it's perfectly suited to storing weapons,'' he said. ``Israel is looking for a needle in a haystack and sometimes it might hit the haystack instead of a needle.''

www.ict.org.il...

This is Israel's and the shadowy CFR in the U.S's own estimate of the strength of the Hezbollah arsenal today.

In recent weeks, Hezbollah officials have ratcheted up their rhetoric, pledging that they are ready for war with Israel and warning against UN attempts to seek out Hezbollah's weapons and rockets.

Hezbollah leaders boast that the group now has an even larger and more potent stash of missiles than it did three years ago. Israeli officials -- who are also escalating their war rhetoric -- estimate Hezbollah's arsenal at between 40,000 and 80,000 rockets.

www.foreignaffairs.com...

www.irantracker.org...

Clearly they are a force to be reckoned with as the IDF has learnt time and time again.

I think the 4 hours probabley relates to airstrikes and missile strikes rather than the damage caused by a land invasion.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
jpost,debka.haaretz,ynewsnet

all the same

they simple love all news that could advantage Israel evil regime
if they can display arabs being killed or chances of it
its good news for them ..

so when you read something on these site
BE VERY VAREFULL they can be manipulative in a way

about this news :
if they are ready to destroy lebanon in 4 hours
Lebanon allies will destroy Israel regime in 24 hrs
or 50 hrs or 1 week or 1 month.... doesnt mather
has long the Israel Regime of hate disapear for good

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This may be a good thing, think about it on a global scale.
If the Israeli's did such a thing it would finally end a conflict that has been going on for well ....ever?
Plus the Israeli's would have to buy more ammo from us and it might wipe out future generations of children saving the Israeli's from future conflict and then finally the Jews could live peacefully!
Finally! peace in the middle east as this is the only people not angered with Israel, right?

reply to post by mamabeth

There seems to be several Israeli news articles about how they are gonna chew some butt and kick some bubblegum.
This may not be a Jew bashing thread but a prediction, Israel does seem to wanna wipe out the potential threats to their society.
I say let them genocide the region it is their right as they are the chosen people right?
Plus it is just good revenge for what has been done to them over the years.

Would putting the Israeli track record up be bashing?
Or is that reporting?
I figure it just depends on what side of the fence err.... razor wire you stand.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Agreed on the subject of the bias of Israeli papers. I did qualify the post by stating that it was only Jpost that i had found this news story on and am aware how right wing and nationalistic they are. At least Haaretz has the likes of Gideon Levy writing for it to give it a bit of balance.

I have since found another source for the story. Ynet, which quotes an aide of Mitchell, Frederick Hof, as having made the comments in reference to the destuction of the Lebanese army within four hours.

An senior advisor to US special envoy to the Middle East George Mitchell has threatened Lebanese army commander, Jean Kahwajim that should his army initiate additional fire exchanges with Israel, the IDF would annihilate his military within four hours, Lebanese newspaper al-Liwa reported Friday.

Frederick Hof spoke to Kahwaji on August 9

The report further quotes Mitchell's aide as telling the Lebanese commander that Israel had decided to carry out a plan "which would completely destroy the Lebanese army's bases, centers and offices within four hours."

www.ynetnews.com...

The article also states that this was first reported in the Lebanese newspaper al-Liwa. Unfortunatley it is in Arabic with no translation service. Anyone know Arabic? The article was released on Friday.

www.aliwaa.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Destroy the Lebanese army in four hours, why would anyone want to create chaos on their own borders, that could only go bad for Israel in many different ways, seems dumb to even wana try as Lebanon is no threat but a power vacuum to the North would be, hmm.

I totally agree.The incident with killing Israeli officer should not be repeated, but destroying Lebanese army would only help Hizbollah to gain total control of Lebanon. I fail to see what Israel can possibly gain of it.
And i totally fail to get why US diplomats are telling it to Lebanon officials. If Israeli government wanted to deliver message to Lebanon - there are usual leaks to media since no official contact exists. But here it is totally different level. Very very weird.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

i agree that some story are trying to balance both side
and then a high official or somebody else from the zionist elite
remove the balance part to advantage Israel regime
if they control the big US media empire .. then they can control their news

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

I totally agree.The incident with killing Israeli officer should not be repeated, but destroying Lebanese army would only help Hizbollah to gain total control of Lebanon. I fail to see what Israel can possibly gain of it.
And i totally fail to get why US diplomats are telling it to Lebanon officials. If Israeli government wanted to deliver message to Lebanon - there are usual leaks to media since no official contact exists. But here it is totally different level. Very very weird.

it's a set up. isreal can destroy anyone who wants to fight. they want them to take over, makes it easier to clean house and draw out all the roaches.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

so how long did it take them to destroy Hezbullah during their long campaign in just striking mostly at civilians

Title should read IDF CAN destroy all of lebonen as we all know israel doesnt give a hoot about civilian casulaties as they are nothing more then genatitiles or what ever rubbish is their version of infadels

then again they are doing a good Job uniting countries and factions within countries

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
That is not a very helpful message by the US middle east peace envoy. If they really think that by making threats that are delusions of granduer to prevent Lebanon army & Hezbollah fighting back in the event of Israeli airstrikes on Iran, then they really are incredibly stupid.... but I suspect it's all part of their plans to annihilate all their enemies in the middle east at one fell swoop, which of course won't happen that way either.

How many Israeli casualties before they whip out the doomsday nuclear weapons? 5,000?... 10,000?

The only real certaintity is that more civilians will end up dying in Lebanon, Syria and Iran, than in Israel.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

That's it isn't it. Why is George Mitchell or his aide ,depending on the media outlet, threatening Lebanon using Israel as the attack Dog?

Didn't Obama announce in Cario that this was a new start for the American/Arab relationship? And what about his support for democracy, as both Hams and Hezbollah were democraticlly elected?

These are Obama's real thoughts and motives on the Arab world as dispensed by Noam Chomsky.

The Egyptian dictatorship -- which the U.S. strongly backs, Obama personally strongly backs -- doesn't permit anything remotely like elections and is very brutal and harsh.

www.race-talk.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
There actually might be something to this. I was reading earlier in the week that Lebanon was seeking to upgrade its military. I have NO doubt that Israel would attack before that happened. God forbid that someone might actually be able to fight back against them.

Edit: Here's the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-8-2010 by intrepid]

new topics

top topics

join