It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM ASSAULT on Wild Mustangs CONTINUES!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I guess these guys can shoot the U.S. Congress the finger, round up protected Wild Mustangs, killing them in the process and SCREW the U.S. Taxpayer no matter how loud we yell about it.

I am SHOCKED by the audacity of the BLM, I am disgusted with how corrupt the U.S. Department of Interior is and just don't know what the hell else I can do about it.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!

INTERIOR DEPARTMENT ASSAULT ON WILD HORSES CONTINUES WITH “ZEROING OUT” IN MORIAH, NV STARTING TOMORROW

Removal of 100 % of Moriah Mustangs Adds to 20 Million-Acre Habitat Loss for Wild Horses and Burros

Ely, Nevada (August 26, 2010). . . Beginning tomorrow, the Interior Department’s Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is scheduled to roundup and remove every wild horse living in the Moriah Herd Area 48 miles north of Ely, Nevada. It will take the agency four days to capture, via helicopter stampede, the estimated 72 horses living in this 55,300 acre public lands area.

The action is part of the most aggressive government roundup effort in recent years, with 12,000 mustangs and burros targeted for removal from the Western range this year. The majority of captured mustangs will join the 38,000+ wild horses already warehoused in government holding facilities, a number that exceeds the population (

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

72 horses living in this 55,300 acre public lands area

Only makes it that much more obvious that this "roundup" has absolutely Nothing to do with the wild horse populace exceeding the sustainability of their habitat.

That's one horse per every 768 acres.

Hell ... ENTIRE herds of hundreds could possibly roam, range and forage on that size acreage.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

I am SHOCKED by the audacity of the BLM, I am disgusted with how corrupt the U.S. Department of Interior is and just don't know what the hell else I can do about it.

You've already done all you can, and more than most have or will.

Corruption eh?

I spent some time in Nevada last week, ran through the entire US 95 highway, from Sparks through Vegas. Amazing country... what is even more interesting is the number of government and military facilities all along this route... Drive it some time and stop to take pictures and see for yourself what happens. Pay special attention to Mercury Nevada... I suggest you use high power telephoto viewing... And DO NOT linger for very long. You'd be surprised what can be observed from the highway.

It may answer some compelling questions.

In the end here, you can't fight, you cant win. You will not stop or change their course. They answer to NO ONE!

Don't become a target... above all else, if you do you will learn their more destructive capabilities first hand.

It's only horses after all, right?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
We all need to think of a way to get people involved in this so we can all stop this.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlyFox_79
We all need to think of a way to get people involved in this so we can all stop this.

You can't do that here at ATS, it is against the terms and conditions of use.

Seriously, if you (Springer) do "go there" (Nevada) also check out some interesting Loading and Unloading going on in Indian Springs.

Having nothing to lose is so cool!

Edit: I'll answer here;

You wouldn't believe me if I told you, seeing is believing. Don't wait too long.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

top topics

join