It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pyramid Code

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The Pyramid Code

From a poster on Youtube: "What's even stranger than everything else, & which gets almost NO attention, are these carved 'depictions' of their story, plastered all over walls & tombs! WHO where the artists? If the pyramids & all other structures were built over generations of 100's & 1000's of years, HOW is it that all of the hieroglyphs & visual imagery looks the same? As if its all been done, in this specific style by the same artist..?"

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Never thought about it.....

What about the percise hieroglyphics? how did "they" carve/write ALL the heiroglyphics in Egypt so PERFECT? The scale, style, percision, all the same from the Old Kingdom to the New? What are the chances that the "artist/artists" match their work exactly without any "personal styles" or mess ups? It's as if the makers used a "machine/printer" that made sure all the heiroglyphics match up through out the ages. Same goes for Mayan, Ankor Wat, and others?

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Earth Jedi

An even bigger mystery is how the hieroglyphic writing came about.

First there was nothing...no civilization, no written language, no culture...then BANG! Instant written language and culture, almost overnight.

Edit to add: You didn't include the link.

[edit on 26/8/2010 by spikey]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

First there was nothing...no civilization, no written language, no culture...then BANG! Instant written language and culture, almost overnight.

Edit to add: You didn't include the link.

Yea, what happend there ?
6000 years ago now is it ?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Sorry, don't know what happened to the link.

www.pyramidcode.com...

The question was brought up on a post in the YOUTUBE site as a responce to the video.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't think its actually that hard to create a written language. My brothers and I created our own symbol system when we were young to leave messages for each other without our parents knowing what it meant. It wasn't complicated but you could get your point across and our parents never figured it out to this day and they like to mention it every once in a while and we just laugh at them.

I guess if you create symbols and attach meaning to them and teach it to others who remember it, then you have crated a form of written communication. I watched a show awhile ago about prospectors in the old days carving symbols into trees to leave messages, give directions, and mark territory. The symbol system is unique and no one has living memory of what they mean or can read them. It was very interesting because apparently treasure hunters say the symbols can lead to a big gold find and they are trying to translate them.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

I don't know if it's fair to say it happened overnight.

Civilization began as soon as we made a few major accomplishments, the domestication of fire and the shaping of tools. Just going by a book off my shelf (A History of Religious Idea Vol. 1 by Mircea Eliade), the earliest "documentation" of domestication of fire is 600,000 BC. You're free to define civilization differently, but I think those two things are where it started.

Earliest culture was either cave paintings or religion. The earliest indicators of religion are burial customs. According to the same book, preserved human skulls have been found at sites that date back to 400,000 BC.

This is a really bare bones sketch of humanity, but it shows a few things. First, things don't happen overnight. Secondly, human civilization and culture is a tower that's been constructed over hundreds of thousands of years. It couldn't have been magically developed even in the space of a thousand years or granted by some secret source. It wouldn't work, it'd be like giving a baby an adding machine and telling it to do your taxes.

Language is a ridiculously complex concept. For some quick research it seems like hieroglyphics and cuneiform started popping up roughly around the same time. That's strange, but the two cultures weren't that far apart by ancient standards, so there'd be an exchange of ideas. The two languages are very different, but it's a localization thing. The big idea was written language, not the idea of how it is written.

Sorry, but it kind of bothers me when people kind of hand wave the incredible process of progression of humans over the course of our early history.

[edit on 8/26/2010 by SaulGoodman]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yes, out from nowhere BOOM heirogyphics, egyptian and mayan. From caves to advanced writings.

Maybe at one time, "higher" humans where telepathic, then the "fall of man" or the "fall of consciousness" the downward spiral of intelligence, Humans went from telepathy, to having to use "symbols/heiroglyphics" to get the message across, downward to having to "spell it out" with writing, and nowadays, texting, to present abrviated TXTing.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker
I don't think its actually that hard to create a written language. My brothers and I created our own symbol system when we were young to leave messages for each other without our parents knowing what it meant. It wasn't complicated but you could get your point across and our parents never figured it out to this day and they like to mention it every once in a while and we just laugh at them.

Sorry to keep rambling, but the evolution of language is something that fascinates me.

It might not seem hard to create a written language, but you have to keep some things in mind:

You have the concept of language. Think of how long it took for the earliest human collectives to all agree that "ugh" means rock and "pfft" means water. It's easy to give names to major things, but then they had to conceive of prepositions and conjoining words words so they could make the most basic statements like "food is there." In the meantime, in a single collective linguistic ideas would be dying out and morphing, being created out of necessity hundreds of times over until a word stuck.

The next step is formalizing the language after millenia when it gets into a groove. You have to figure out the sounds your language uses, then assign symbols for those sounds. Then there's grammar. After all that, then you can have a written language. So, in the beginning it would've been very hard.

I'm guessing your language was derived from english, so it would be easier.

new topics

top topics

join