It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultra-tiny frogs discovered living like faeries inside pitcher plants

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
All glory to the little hypnotoads

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

its kool...deffinately interesting...but does this sorta stuff belong on ATS?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Awwww they are just so adorable! I love frogs and these are the smallest i have ever seen or heard of.Great find OP
I wish i could have some for pets.Altho as stated in another post i wonder what they eat to survive being so tiny

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Oh how I love these types of threads. Adorable - wonderful discovery. I have heard of the pitcher plant but who would have thought such amazing little frogs lived there. Thank you for so much OP.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo
reply to post by Oozii

its kool...deffinately interesting...but does this sorta stuff belong on ATS?

We need more if this sorta stuff on ATS, without it this place would be pretty dark.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by King Loki
Are you guys 100% sure these have only just been discovered ... I pretty clearly remember playing with these frogs as a child when I use to live in the highlands in Papua New Guinea, I had like 5 of them as pets in a fish tank i made into a frog home, i remember they were very very small as i used to coach them onto the end of a paddle pop stick to pick them up ...

hmmm interesting maybe its a different species, they look very similar though.

Hey, how crazy is that. You could be the one to take the credit for the discovery. Not fair eh?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I bet they taste like chicken. And being so small, I bet you could marinate them, fry them up whole..bones and all. Makes me hungry....

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
life comes in all shapes and forms, i wouldnt be suprised if somewhere in the universe there are tiny trexs and super giant ants, scary thought eh?

I like the idea of having a pet t rex though lol

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GO INTO GENETIC MODIFICATION ALREADY???? i want a super brain and a pet trex...my god science fiction will one day be science fact....AHH WE ARE REALLY SCARY...if you think about lol

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

OMG something positive on ATS - sorry it threw you for a loop!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I, for one, would like to welcome our new Ultra-Tiny Frog Overlords.

All glory to the Ultra-Tiny Hypno Toad!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Wow I had no idea frogs could be this small, nevermind live inside pitchers. Thanks for sharing this, we learn something new everyday!!

They are incredably cute, lets hope the pet trade doesn't start exploiting them as it has with lots of exotic creatures, that would make me very angry indeed

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Absolutely too cute.
I think they would be adorable in a terrarium, but they've made it this far without man, lets's hope they can remain free.

This is the type of thing that makes crytozoology so fascinating to me, even though I expect hard facts about just about everything else.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
crazy stuff

we think we have found out a lot but still nature surprises us.

same thoughts i had with the thread below

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
S&F thanks now i can dream of Fairy's & Little People again (Brownie Leprechauns Pixies etc.. ) good find Frog as small as a Mite with a big Voice

well there is a existence of little people sort of Pygmy Marmoset

the Pygmy monkey (isn't that cute) you can buy them as there around for sale from 1,500 to 5,000

Johnny Carson and the marmoset

Pygmy Marmoset Twins at the Bronx Zoo!

Pygmy Marmoset Monkeys for Sale
pygmymarmoset.net...
[edit on 25-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Haha Johnny Carson, thanks for posting those videos

I wouldn't mind owning one of those actually. But they'd probably rather be in their natural habitat instead.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Oozii]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
OMG! How sweet are they!?!
The smallest frogs I've seen are the poison dart frogs like this guy here

and their size is like this

They come in all colors it's amazing! But these guys are sooo teeny weeny and cute!!

Good find! S&F!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by chyeaaitskristyn

Wow the colors on those frogs are just beautiful.

Thanks for sharing those photos.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Never mind (looks 10-12mm on the pencil - not the penny though, that must be a baby)

[edit on 25-8-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
To me, these creatures just confirm all of our original thoughts on species...
...and what we haven't discovered yet.

Imagine all the creatures that are amphibious, or mammalian that are so small, we haven't witnessed them yet.

This make me think about all the creatures that remain undiscovered around the world, and which ones we will never find....because of our own apathy.

Good find, OP.

Spot on, spot on. You hit it right on the head. We are still discovering things and are being amazed at what we are finding. I can't wait for that earth shattering moment when they discover something or some animal that totally blows out the water the theories that scientists have had for generations.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I found a tiny little frog like that in the woods last month. It was a little bit bigger, barely. It was the size of a pencil eraser, if that. I live in the midwest region of America.

It was pretty neat, I picked it up on a stick, and let it go. It was either paralyzed in fear from me picking it up, or didn't care. It didn't try to escape. It was the smallest frog I've ever seen, just about this small.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join